|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Cute 1 bdrm apartment with private patio to enjoy. All you have to do is open the front gate walk across the road and your on a beautiful 8km beach. You can choose to take a refreshing dip in the ocean, sit and watch the surfers or just walk and listen to the soothing sound of the waves. There are a number of cabana restaurants on the malecon serving fresh fish and seafood. Located in a central location within walking distance to everything. Hop on the local bus and in 5 minutes you're in the renown surfing town Montanita. The property is completely fenced so you always have a feeling of safety. English spoken. For you convenience, there are two ways to pay for your stay...#1-pay total amount through website OR #2-we will send you a money request via Pay Pal for 20% of rental amount and the remaining 80% is due in cash upon arrival.
Dan and I wanted to get away from the hectic life of Toronto, Canada and decided to spend time in Olon. We purchased a property with 2 dwellings. We live upstairs and the apartment is downstairs. We're enjoying the quieter life Olon has to offer and divide our time here and in Canada.
Annette McDonald purchased this apartment in 2012
We loved the property the minute we saw it. It's charming and has a beach house feel to it. The malecon in Olon consists of 4 tiny blocks so we love the fact we walk across the road and we're on the beach. Taz our little dog loves his walks on the beach too.
We spent six wonderful weeks here at this location. Annette and Dan were perfect hosts...they fixed anything that needed attention, kept the garden and breezeway clean and welcoming, were engaging and friendly, and yet gave us our privacy. Wifi meant we could FaceTime our grandkids. Needless to say, access to the beach and cabanas was perfect, and the Olon beach, eight miles of it, gave us opportunities for long isolated hikes, to enjoy the local surfers, the visiting families, the weekend and Carnival celebrations. As others have said, the access to local amenities, buses, etc. makes the little town a great place to be located.
Staying at Casa de Playa was a great experience. It has everything you need for a comfortable unforgettable stay in Olon. Its location right across from the beautiful ocean and cabanas makes for a relaxing environment, and easy access to food and beverages. We enjoyed every aspect of the house and the hospitality and would highly recommend it to others. Buses and taxis are easy to access to visit other surrounding areas as well. Casa de Playa is extremely safe and private. Staying there was a great new experience for us!
The apartment is great - easy to find, great location, all the amenities you need! Directly across from the beach in Olon, just down the road from Montanita. Annette and Dan are extremely helpful with directions and tips for shopping and places to visit. We didn't want to leave, and will absolutely be back!
The apartment was great - neat and clean, with everything we needed. The location is amazing - walk across the street to the beach! Easy to get to from the airport in Guayaquil, and right on the bus line for Montanita or Puerto Lopez.
Annette and Dan were fabulous - they provided great suggestions on places to go, helped us secure transportation, and answered any questions we had. We felt like we made two new friends by the time we left! Thank you so much, we hope to be back some day.
Annettes place is amazing! Such a wonderful place to relax straight across from the beach. Perfect distance from Montanita only 50cents on the bus or $1.50 taxi. Very clean and kitchen was perfect for cooking all meals. We had a great time and will hopefully be back one day. Thank you Annette :)
Okay, in real estate it's always about "location, location, location!" And this place has it all in that respect. In what at times can be a very busy area (think Carnival, because let me tell you, it was crazy that weekend!!), the apartment is set far enough back from the street that the noise just disappears. Sleeping was NEVER an issue! And it's VERY safe and private.
The owner has furnished it with everything you need and I never found myself wishing there was something else there. I felt like I was at home!
Are there issues? Yes, as with any place you'll stay. But none worth complaining about. Don't go here expecting the Four Seasons, go here expecting the perfect private apartment right at the beach. And, the owner is a sweetheart. She'll help you get around town and introduce you to "who is who" in town.
I seriously would have stayed another month if I could have! Enjoy!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.