With Wifi, Free Calling, Washer And Dryer, And Fantastic Ocean View. Upgraded
Ken or Dia Peters
About Ken or Dia Peters
Kona residents that have always enjoyed the Kona Reef.
Ken or Dia Peters purchased this Condo in 2013
Why Ken or Dia Peters chose Kailua-Kona
This was the nicest unit available at the Kona Reef and had a lot of nice upgrades. From the minute we walked in the door, we knew it was a unit we would love to share with others and be proud of.
What makes this Condo unique
Besides the fantastic view, it is only a few minute walk to town. It is by far the best location in Kona.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Trip was great. Loved watching the ocean from our balcony. AC in the bedroom was a plus as it was pretty hot and humid at night. The underbuilding parking helped keep the car comfortable too. Having a couple of beach chairs was nice as we went snorkeling everyday. Close to town so we were able to walk there. Thanks for supplying a drying rack for our wet towels and bathing suits.
We will be back, have already booked next year.
Staying in Kona Reef
Everything was pretty good except restroom. The towels were not clean and seems very old.
Loved my stay...ocean view was spectacular
Kona Reef is a small condo complex right on the water.
My unit had all of the basics needed for condo.
Liked the fact there was laminate, not carpet.
I loved my view. It was so peaceful sitting outside watching and listening to the ocean.
Sunsets down by the water were fantastic.
Plenty of parking and pool area cleaned every morning.
BBQs are kept clean and work well.
And location for walking into town is great.
Will I stay here again?
Great location and view from a lovely condo
We stayed here recently and really enjoyed it. However, there are a few items that would really make it very easy to give this condo 5 stars instead of 4. But none of these items would deter us from renting again.
Overall, Kona Reef Resort is in a perfect location if you want to be on the ocean side of Ali'i Drive and within easy walking distance to great restaurants, local shops, a small beach, or a local farmers' market. The pool and bbq area are also great, especially now that they have 4 new Weber bbqs available for use.
The condo was on the top floor overlooking the pool with an ocean view, and it's fantastic. You can see the dolphins jumping out of the water on some days. I also enjoyed looking at the cruise ships in port on Wednesdays. I do wish that the balcony furniture shown in the pictures is what was actually available, as the furniture that is currently there includes a low table and 4 rather uncomfortable chairs that could use some cushions.
The condo has a nice kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom and all areas felt really bright and airy when you had the balcony door and front door open. The decor is nice and the main furniture is comfortable. There's a washer and dryer that are easy to use.
What would really make this place a 5 star condo, though, are the following:
- if you are listing this property and saying that 4 people can sleep here, the sofa mattress is old, springy, and really needs a replacement.
- a complete inventory of the kitchen needs to be done. There are lots of mismatched storage containers with no lids or too many lids, the knives are dangerously dull, the pans don't sit flat on the stove, and there really could be more staple food items available.
- if we assume that at least a couple will be renting the condo, the beach storage box needs an inventory, as well. The snorkel mask would never fit an adult and there's only one set of snorkel gear anyway. The beach umbrellas are broken and need to be thrown out. And there really could be better beach chairs and boogie boards.
- the tv channels are confusing. Half the time we had certain channels and then the next day we didn't.
- the headboard on the bed needs to be put on better. Any movement my kids made was noticeable.
- I'd love to see a good coffee grinder!
Overall, we will certainly stay again. The owners were great at communication and answering questions and you just can't beat the location! Check in and out was simple. We'll be back!
The accomadations were better than expected.
The view from our room overlooking the surf was awesome! The room was very clean and comfortable. AC was needed and appreciated. The kitchen and living area were great.
Needs updating & thorough cleaning.
Housekeeping needs to up their game!
Volcano is 2 and a half hour drive.