Beautiful View Near Ski, Golf, Supermarkets, and Restaurants - Best Locatoin!
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The cabin has fantastic views, the master bedroom, kids bedroom, living room, and the front balcony all have beautiful views facing Bear Mountain ski trails.
We are sharing our family vacation home for covering the mortgage; this is not a commercial property.
The cabin was purchased in 2013, remodeling took 6 months and finished in Nov 2013. Windows, doors, wood floor, kitchen cabinet, bathroom, the central header, etc, were completed replaced. All furniture were purchased from IKEA between 2013 and 2014. All bedding were 2nd time replaced from brand new items from IKEA in December 2014.
High-speed internet is provided. Apple TV and 42" HDTV are provided. However you have to use your own Netflix, Apple, Amazon or other programs.
The cabin is managed and maintained by Laura's Cleaning Service, one of the trusted best cleaning services at Big Bear Lake.
This is a clean, spacious, and SIMPLE vacation home for families and friends who are seeking recreational fun at Big Bear Lake and Big Bear Mountain in winter, summer, and all year long. If you are looking for a luxury stay, this is not your place.
We do supply bedding and towels which are professionally cleaned. In order to maintain low cost and not to transfer the cost to our guests, we don't supply kitchen paper towel and kitchen trash bag, we don't supply detergent, dish detergent, soap or shampoo. We don't supply coffee or any food. I apologize for any inconvenience.
The backyard can be accessed at your own risk, we are not responsible for any injury in case happened while playing in the back yard.
Hot-tub has been emptied and stopped operation for saving water and lower rental cost.
OUTSIDE parking ONLY, can park up to 3 cars. The garage is used as owner's storage room not for guests.
LOCATION: Close to EVERYTHING
- 1 mile to Bear Mountain and Summit! Walk to ski shuttle.
- 1 mile to the Big Bear Lake!
- 1 mile to town center, supermarkets, and restaurants.
- Walk to Goldmine Golf Course. Mini-golf cours for kids is nearby.
SPACIOUS: 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, 1500 sq. ft sleeps 8-10
- Master bedroom: Eastern King bed and mattress, sleep 2-3
- Second bedroom: Queen bed, extra firm mattress, sleep 2 (Owner has back issue and purposely chose to have this extra firm mattress with foam topper)
- Kid’s bedroom: twin over full bunk bed, sleep 3
- Sofa Futon in the living room, sleep 2
- Master bedroom bathroom: shower and toilet.
- Second bathroom: shower tub and toilet.
- Large living room: Futon, sofa, TV, foolstable, fireplace.
- Wood floor, tile kitchen floor, no hidden dust
- High-speed cable internet and wifi
- 42" HDTV, AppleTV, and DVD player in living room. Small TV and DVD in the kid's room. Master bedroom has no TV. NO CABLE TV SERVICE, you need your own internet account to watch TV and movies.
- Large front balcony with Bear Mountain view
- Washer and Dryer are available in the laundry room downstairs.
KITCHEN : Equipped for simple living
- The kitchen is equipped with basic cooking ware.
- Granite counter tops, tile floor.
- Dining table can be extended for 10 people
- Gas burner stove, oven.
- Full-size refrigerator
- Small Dishwasher
- Coffee maker, juice blender, coffee maker, toaster, rice maker, and electric cattle.
- Cutting board and knives, pots and pans
- Plenty of dinnerware
*** Absolutely NO smoking!
*** NO pets!
*** NO cancel refund within 30 days.
*** OUTSIDE parking, can park up to 3 cars. The garage is used as owner's storage room not for guests.
*** CABLE is high-speed internet only; there is no TV service. There is an Apple TV provided in the living room which you may use to watch online stream such as Netflix or Amazon Prime of your own account. It's very convenient to rent Redbox movies from the nearby Supermarket.
*** The mattress in the 2nd bedroom is an extra firm high-quality mattress on an IKEA queen bed. The owner has back issues require this extra firm mattress. It is NOT A BOX.
*** The Jacuzzi Hot Tub on the rear deck has been disabled due to high usage of water and electricity. Please DO NOT FILL IN WATER !!! It has not been professionally cleaned since April 2015, not safe to use for your health!!! DO NOT USE THE HOT TUB!!!
*** We do supply bedding and towels which are professionally cleaned. In order to maintain low cost and not to transfer the cost to our guests, we don't supply kitchen paper towel and kitchen trash bag, we don't supply detergent, dish detergent, soap or shampoo. We don't supply coffee or any food. I apologize for any inconvenience.
*** The backyard can be accessed at your own risk, we are not responsible for any injury in case happened while playing in the back yard.
Location! Location!! Location!!!
Izzy’s cabin is located at best location at Big Bear Lake, at Big Bear Blvd and Moonridge, right at the Goldmine Golf Court and the free Shuttle Bus status. Here is the distance to every attraction:
• 1.2 miles to Bear Mountain Ski Resort and the Zoo
• 1.6 miles to Snow Summit Ski Resort
• One block from the MARTA shuttle which is free to both of the ski resorts
• 1.4 miles to town center where you can find K-Mart, Vons, Stater-Bros, CVS, Starbucks, and the banks
• 1.2 miles to the lake where you can take a lakeside walk or even fishing
• 3 miles to The Village where you find nice restaurants, bakery, drinks, stores, movie and a lot of fun
(1) My family always takes freeway 38 going up and down from the back. It is a little bit longer distance but a lot less winding and less stressful for driving; kids would have a happier time in the back seats. And the scenery is beautiful. Freeway 18 is a shorter distance, but you have to drive pretty much on the cliff which I really don't enjoy.
(2) We rent ski equipment’s for the kids. We usually go to the rental shop at the corner of Big Bear Blvd and Moonridge, next to Walgreens. The store staff is very friendly and helpful. They open till 10pm so you could have your stuff ready in the previous night to save time. You could return before 9am with no charge. It is cheaper, less crowded, and more convenient than the resort rental.
(3) The free shuttle is just one block from my cabin, take the advantage and avoid the parking and walking in ski boots hassle.
(4) Bear Mountain ski resort is more kids friendly. It is considered the best ski resort in southern California for family, called ‘The People’s Park’. Long, nice and easy slopes for beginner, manmade bumps for more fun. Very nice beginner ski and snowboard schools for kids and adults.
5. The Goldmine Golf Course is one block from my cabin, you can walk there in 3 minutes.
Activities at Big Bear
- Skiing, snowboard, snow play, tubing, sled
- Biking, Segway, zip lining, helicopter flights
- Fishing, water ski, boating, Aqua flight
- Golf, Hiking, Horseback riding
- Zoo, Arcade indoor fun, museum, Discovery Center
- Shopping for mountain furniture and decoration, antique
- Gourmet food, restaurant, café, bakery, sweets, wine and drinks
The Big Bear Alpine Zoo
It is a nice and educational place for adults and kids, easily to spend 2-3 hours there. 100% of all the zoo animals are injured or orphaned wild animals and 90% are released back into nature. Those that remain with on exhibit are either too injured or have been imprinted by humans and cannot be released back into the wild to care for themselves. You will be amazed to see the mountain lions, wolfs, bald eagles, bears of course, and a lot of others.
Some Helpful Links
Big Bear Official Travel:
Bear Mountain Trail Map:
Snow Summit Trail Map:
Snow Play and Tubing :
Big Bear Alpine Zoo:
Big Bear Zipline Tour:
Big Bear Segway Tour:
Big Bear Golf Courses:
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- all beds are brand new.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course Front:
- Golf Course View:
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 25 - Dec 15, 2016
2 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 7, 2017
3 night min stay
Ski Season 1
Jan 8 - Jan 12, 2017
2 night min stay
Jan-MLK (min 3 nights+1 free)
Jan 13 - Jan 15, 2017
3 night min stay
Ski Season 2
Jan 16 - Feb 9, 2017
2 night min stay
Feb Pres.Day(3 nights+1free)
Feb 10 - Feb 12, 2017
3 night min stay
Ski Season 3
Feb 13 - Apr 2, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- cleaning fee $135
- Tax Rate 11%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We live in Orange County and this is our vacation home. We'd love to share it with you and expect you use it as your own.
Why the Owner Chose Upper Moonridge, Moonridge, Big Bear Lake, CA, USA:
Our cabin is mainly for family use not for business or making money. We love Big Bear and we want to share with friends who take good care of our cozy family vacation home.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
BEST LOCATION, CLEAN AND SPACIOUS.
- Primary: +1 7145049975 Shirley
- Secondary: +1 7145049976 Kevin
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The living room.
The living room, fire place and foostable.
Back door, dining table and rear deck.
2nd bedroom queen bed.
Kid's bedroom full over queen, TV and DVD.
Front deck can see Bear Mountain Ski trails and the golf court.
Brand new foosball.
close to Bear Mountain Ski Resort which is the best place for family.
The Village has all the shops and restaurants
Snowplay is just 1.5 mile away .
Entry is at downstairs.
The living room and 42" HDTV.
Master bedroom with king bed.
Master bathroom with shower no tub.
The 2nd bathroom.
The front view from master bedroom, kids' bedroom, and living room.
5 minutes walk to Bear Mountain Golf.
Laundry Room is at downstairs.
Beautiful Big Bear Lake.
5 minutes drive to the zoo.
The owner family.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.