Dramatic 2 story space in the Marigny Historic District adjacent to the World Famous French Quarter. Apt. offers 4 BEDS, 2 Modern Baths. Rooms are independent. Not the shotgun style so common in older areas of New Orleans. Bedrooms offer PRIVACY
Full kitchen with all appliances. Large liv room for relaxing. Skylights and windows provide light and view. Best value by far in area. .
This apartment offers guests privacy not always found in 19th Century New Orleans homes. These are not shot gun floor plan apartments. One room does not lead to another to another.
LUSH TROPICAL SETTING
SPACE , INSIDE AND OUT
BEST SPACE AND AMENITIES FOR THE MONEY
We were a group of 5 seniors meeting for a college reunion of 45 years ago. Had an awesome time in NOLA and really enjoyed staying at Glenn's unit (51271). The place was spacious, clean and very quaint while being very comfortable as well. We especially enjoyed the outdoor space which has lots of tropical 🌴 plantings. It was our own little compound! New streetcar has a stop on the corner just steps from the units. Close to Frenchmen street and the French Quarter. This place is a real value and Glenn & Melvin were a pleasure to deal with. Would definitely stay here again!
This is the 2nd time we have rented with Glenn, and this time we rented two apartments next to each other. It is always clean, LOVE the safe parking inside a fenced in yard ! We had a group of 8 people and we were ALL so comfortable !! Will rent again for sure when in town for a Conference !
There was a group of six of us staying in the apartment for five days - and this place was absolutely PERFECT!!!!! The description of the 1 bedroom made us a bit nervous - but once we arrived and found the large loft and attic - we quickly fell in love with it. We walked to Frenchman Street, Bourbon Street & the French Quarter every single day/night and it was the most perfect walk. By the time you arrived to the area, you could quickly avoid the loud scene of Bourbon Street. We will definitely be renting the apartment on our next visit to NOLA!
We rented this apartment for sixt nights. It was a beautiful place, very spacious, with nice furniture and full amenities. It is located in the Marigny district, wich is a jewel very close to the French Quarter. We also appreciated the enclosed parking. It was our first visit to New Orleans, but if we come back, we will not hesitate to rent again this property. The owner, Glenn Delatte, loves his city, and was very helpful. Thank you very much Glenn.
Let me first say that Glenn was absolutely a treat and if you need any information about the area or surrounding areas, he's got you covered. He's incredibly personable and my entire family really enjoyed visiting with him before we went off on our New Orleans weekend.
The property is located absolutely perfectly for anything you want to do in Marigny/French Quarter. We were able to walk less then 1 mile to anything and everything we wanted and the added HUGE plus is PRIVATE PARKING. I can't highlight this enough, but having no stress about where to park when trying to get around the center of all the action was absolutely invaluable. We always knew we had a place to park and we always knew it was safe and out of site.
We didn't spend a lot of time indoors, but the house is incredibly spacious and met our needs for the weekend!
Just returned from July 4th weekend stay at this property and it was an excellent place to stay, we will definitely stay again when visiting NOLA. It is in a great location, has charm combined with modern updates, homey and comfortable, the property is an added plus. We did stay in the apartment pictured and think that the pics are accurate but is better than pictured. To take those one by one:
1. Located <15 minute walk from the French Quarter and about 2.5 miles from City Park. The neighborhood felt safe and, most importantly, at night (even on July 4) was very quiet. There’s a fruit/vegetable peddler who drives the neighborhood most days which was very nice.
2. The spaces inside the house were very good; Master bedroom with sitting room and private bath downstairs and two roomy bedrooms with private bath upstairs. Upstairs was a big hit because of the skylight and loft. This split layout is also very advantageous if part of the party wants to be on a different schedule as coming in and going out do not disturb the other bedroom area.
3. Kitchen was very functional with full-sized fridge, stove, micro, DW. The kitchen was nicely stocked with ample dishes of all sizes, towels, knives, cutting board and silverware and there were some basic condiments and even freezer packs for outings. There is a coffee maker. Small table in the kitchen itself and also a nice porch and café seating in the courtyard to enjoy morning coffee or afternoon relaxation (both of which I did). The kitchen was clean.
4. I loved the property orientation--you drive your car through a locked gate and park in the courtyard right in front of the unit. This means your car is not only safe but mostly shaded and also easy to load and unload just steps from the door, easy to bring in groceries and luggage. PLUS, it’s a nice courtyard with seating (as noted above) and is landscaped in an attractive way.
5. The property owner (Glenn) was very timely on communication and knowledgeable about the area.
6. The A/C works great!! Very important for sleeping in Lousiana summer. Walking into the unit after walking in the summer humidity felt wonderful. Also, the hot water heater worked well with nice hot showers, the bathrooms were clean.
In summary, we found the amenities to be ideal for our needs, the property was clean and had charm that added to our trip. This is a property cared for by the proprietor (not an uncaring mgmt company) which is what I like to find.
Marigny is a vibrant neighborhood, which has the look of an almost intact 19th Century neighborhood but the vibe is anything but old fashioned. Hope to an eclectic mix of artists, musicians, retirees not looking for country living, and young transplants from all over.
RATE BASED ON 2 PERSON OCCUPANCY EXTENDED STAY DISCOUNTS OFTEN AVAILABLE. DOES NOT INCLUDE SPECIAL EVENTS.
50% DOWN PAYMENT TO BOOK.