Direct Waterfront: This stunning 2400sq ft Lakefront Lodge is the Only Vacation Rental On The Water (see the photos). Every guest receives a complementary bottle of wine upon arrival. It is literally 15 steps to the lake. You can pull your boat up to the shore right in front of the house. (Boat pictured is not included) Also, the water in front of the house is a NO WAKE ZONE making it calm and safe for swimming, sitting on floaties or relaxing in the sun.
Perfect For Groups: The home is perfect for large families, family reunions or multiple families wanting to enjoy a vacation together. On the main floor, you'll enjoy the open floor plan with a large great room with 20' vaulted ceilings, a romantic wood burning stove, large flat screen TV / DVD theater system, a fully stocked kitchen, and dining area which seats 12.
Ideally Located: Not only is the house on the water, but it is also only one block to downtown, the grocery store and Kane’s marina.
Comfortably Sleeps 15: The house features three large bedrooms: The main floor master offers a King size bed and a twin bunk bed. Upstairs, bedrooms 2 and 3 both offer Queen sized beds and twin bunk beds. (The bunk beds are designed for persons under 150 pounds...so children, adolescents and small adults) Finally the loft has a Queen and a Twin bed. The house also comes with a crib in case you bring a little one.
3 Bathrooms plus a loft with 2 beds: Complete with showers and shower/baths. The home comes complete with color coordinating towels for each bedroom, hotel soaps, shampoo/conditioner and makeup remover wipes.
Fun And Games: There is a badminton /volleyball net and equipment, horseshoe pit, outdoor ping pong, basketball goal, tetherball pole and a wood play structure for kids, board games, puzzles, Giant Jenga and kids video games. There is Lots of parking and space to play so bring your bikes and outdoor games. (list of games is not necessarily a complete list)
Private And Relaxing: The house sits on a large lot down a private drive so you can enjoy your own space. You can also relax on the expansive deck and enjoy the breathtaking view of the lake or sit by one our TWO fire pits and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. This home makes your vacation a truly unique experience that you won't want to leave!
Year-round Fun At Detroit Lake: In the summer, boat rentals are available to enjoy many of the lake's activities such as water skiing, fishing and tubing! Rent paddle boards and kayaks for kids and adults alike at the new Experience Store downtown. The winter offers skiing at nearby Hoodoo Mountain Resort (40 minutes drive time) and luxurious hot springs at Breitenbush (only 11 miles away). The spring and fall bring opportunities to check out the countless local hiking trails with mountain and lake views. There are also an abundance of great local restaurants and shops to check out!
Note: owner may ask for previous VRBO rental references on large groups.
1. SNOW: THE 150' DRIVEWAY IS NOT PLOWED SO IF IT SNOWS, YOU MAY HAVE TO PARK ON THE ROAD AND WALK DOWN TO THE HOUSE.
2. THERE IS NO REFUNDS FOR WEATHER ISSUES... WINTER OR SUMMER
3. We encourage renters to purchase travel insurance through VRBO if you are concerned about potential weather isues
Upcoming Events: check http://www.detroitlakeoregon.org/ for details and dates on upcoming events such as:
March--SPRING BREAK--book for Ski vacation at Hoodoo
April--LAKE IS FULL--Book a fishing Vacation
May annual Fishing Derby!
June--School is OUT!!! Come to the Lake to celebrate.
July Fireworks over the Lake.
check http://www.detroitlakeoregon.org/ for more info
1. Lake water level--We cannot control the water level of the lake. It is controlled by the Army Corp of engineers. During the Spring and Summer, the water from Detroit Lake has multiple purposes including Recreation, fish habitat, as well as irrigation and drinking water for communities down stream. In the winter, Detroit Lake is used as a reservoir for flood control. Normally, Detroit Lake is at it's fullest in May and June and the Corp slowly lowers the level of the water level over the summer until it readies the Lake for the winter precipitation.
2. Cable or Satellite TV-- Unfortunately, cable TV is not offered in the mountain town of Detroit and due to the location of the property, we have been unsuccessful obtaining proper satellite connection. Therefore, we do offer a variety of DVDs, board games and puzzles for family entertainment. There is also DVD rental available at the gas station across the highway. WE DO HAVE HDMI / LIGHTENING CORD CONNECTION AND CAN STREAM MOVIES.
3. Wifi--we do have wifi BUT IS UNRELIABLE. There is a cell tower in the middle of town giving excellent coverage.
4. WE DO NOT PROVIDE: firewood, Beach towels, bikes, boats, kayaks, canoes or a dock. Docks are not allowed on Detroit Lake, but you can buoy your boat in front of the cabin or rent a slip in the marina 100 yards away. You also can either buy or rent the other items in town or you can bring them with you.
5. This is a cabin /house in a forest town. We regularly have pest control spray and work on the house, we can cannot keep all bugs and critters at bay. Please inform us so we can handle, BUT BE FULL AWARE THAT WE DO MOT GUARANTEE NO BUGS/CRITTERS