You're heading to Newport Beach, and everyone is relying on you to pick the right vacation rental.
Let's chat, and see if Surf Cottage (Upper) is right for you.
"Can you give me an overview of this vacation rental?"
- This is the second floor unit of a offbeat old beach house. If you want to be on one of the best oceanfront corner lots in West Newport, right on the boardwalk, with the water so close you can almost reach out and touch it, and you don't mind uneven floors and cozy 1920s beach architecture, look no further.
There is one bedroom, with a queen sized bed, and a den with a full sized bed and what I'd generously call 'limited privacy'. It sleeps four comfortably enough, not so much with six adults. However, if you need more space, you can rent the lower unit as well. You also get the lower level of the split front deck, with your own gas BBQ, patio furniture, an amazing view of the Pacific ocean, and some seriously good people watching.
"Is the home well outfitted?"
- Yes. In addition to WiFi, cable, a fully equipped kitchen, linens, beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas, automated keypad door locks, guest orientation data tablet and a coin-op washer and dryer in the garage, it also has a basic starter supply of soaps, detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, enough to get you going for your stay.
"Is the home clean?"
- Yes! It's not the prettiest pad on the boardwalk, but our cleaners will have it cleaned, stocked, beds made, and ready to move in.
"How is the parking?"
- Tight. One space in an old Model T garage. Most SUVs and trucks won't fit. Most SUVs and trucks won't fit. You'll probably want to keep a smaller vehicle in the garage and use that one to get around town with, and leave any larger ones parked on the street. (Just keep an eye out for street sweeping days.)
"How about the price?"
- What you're getting out of this unit is a clean, comfortable and basic accommodations for people who plan to be on the deck or out enjoying the beach more than they'll be indoors enjoying the features and amenities of the home.
"Is this the right vacation rental for me?"
- Are you someone that wants to pay fancy pants pricing and get fancy pants accommodations? If so, pass on this one. Ain't nothing fancy 'bout these pants.
Are you someone who is down with a fun, cozy old beach cottage? One that was possibly built in a single afternoon in 1928 by old timey Balboa Peninsula fishermen who had a few too many brewskis.
If so, you're in luck! You have found the right vacation rental! The only thing standing between you and a cool trip to the beach is Booking Now! So Book Now!
Or, you know, don't. I guess you could stay home and do laundry or something?
(This unit rents for 4 night minimums around 4th of July and 3 night minimums the rest of summer. No air conditioning (but a great ocean breeze). No smoking, in the unit or on the premises. No pets. Minimum primary renter age of 25. Photo ID required. Short Term Lodging Permit: 10292)