1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
About Michelle York
We are Peter and Sylva from Vancouver, BC. We have traveled to Hawaii for many years and decided to purchase a home away from home here as a place to escape the rain of the West Coast. We hope you love this complex as much as we do.
Michelle York purchased this Apartment in 2013
Why Michelle York chose Lahaina
This is a smaller low rise (only 4 stories) oceanfront complex, it is quiet and close to everything such as shopping, beaches, dining, and all that Maui has to offer.
What makes this Apartment unique
This unit was recently renovated in November 2013 with new kitchen, bathroom and all brand new furnishings.
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great view. Large Lanai
Screen to Lanai did not glide well. And fold up doors to BR did not operate well either. We could have used more than one small bar of soap and shampoo bottle. These are minor issues and would definitely stay there again.
I stayed almost three weeks in this relaxing condo. It was in a great location with a nice view of the ocean. So many turtles every day. Snorkeling from the beach just a short walk down the sea wall. Loved the neighborhood. Easy walk to the farmer's market and ABC store. Michelle has the condo well stocked with everything you could need to make your stay comfortable. Mahalo!
A real gem in Maui
Lovely location very well equipped condo full kitchen including full oven (so nice). Bed very comfy shower had plenty of hot water and strength ; great breezes thru condo so quite comfortable; patio had lots of great dining and resting chairs; saw lots of turtles!
Nice place, Unfrotunate experience, Overall great place for a couple.
Michelle was amazing to book and organize this trip with. She made the payment process easy, left detailed instructions and personal contact information to reach her at any time by email or cellphone. She was very hospitable and allowed us early check in early just to drop off our bags and checkout late for our 9pm flight. Hands down great person to rent from!
Unfortunately, When we arrived the unit had not been cleaned. There was no toilet paper, the linens and towels were dirty and left out from the previous renters. We ended up buying supplies and sleeping without linens the first night. Michelle called us the next morning and apologized, waived our cleaning fee and confirmed the cleaners would be in that afternoon.
Tons of positives about this place:
- Close to everything! Groceries, Restaurants, Shops. But in a quiet area
- Free Parking with provided pass
- Full kitchen with everything you need
- Coin laundry on the same floor.
- King sized bed and pull out couch for two
- Tons of beach gear to use! We used the snorkel gear and body boards every day. I think there was beach chairs and umbrellas etc in there too.
- A/C not needed, the balcony screen door is huge and with the bedroom window, front door screen, and fan going we we never hot in the unit.
- Awesome balcony with lots of seating and a great view
- TV with cable, netflix etc Great for staying in one of the nights and just relaxing.
- Free WIFI
- Pool is never busy, didn't see one person in it the whole time we were there. Great for late night swims before it closes at 10pm.
- So close to the ocean you fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the waves.
- Turtles in the water right by the condo complex. We watched at least 6 of them swimming.
The Only Negatives:
- This is NOT a rental for a young couple and friends. ZERO privacy. The bedroom door was broke and could not be closed, and if it could the doors for the bathroom and bedroom are more like closet doors with slats.
- Our initial experience with an unclean unit (I must stress Michelle said this has never happened and she fixed it as quickly as she could)
- There's no beach directly off the condo unit, you need to drive to some of the nicer sandy public beaches where finding parking is always an issue.
This is a lovely condo that is clean and well-stocked with everything you need. The balcony is lovely. I was a bit concerned about no A/C but I was there and July and was perfectly fine since there are winds blowing through and fans in the main rooms. It also gets cooler at night.
Beautiful view !
What so see is exactly what you get. Really well located for us because it was away from the big hôtels, more in a quiet place, but it was a short distance by car to groceries, beaches (Kanaapali), boutiques of Lahaina, etc. There was a lot of ameneties to bring to the beach and everything was in good condition. The kitchen was full equiped with almost everything you think and need. If something was missing, you could call the manager that would help you quickly. He even recommanded us some place to go out to enjoy great music ! I must say that Michelle was really easy to contact (by email or by phone). She answered quickly to all my questions about the condo or the island (transport).All the informations that she provided me were clear and helpfull. Thank you so much Michelle ! Would definitldy recommend this place and would love to come back again.
I am really glad that you enjoyed your vacation. Take care for now.