This authentic parisian flat contains a main room, a fully equipped kitchen with a window opening on the balcony, one bathroom and separate toilet. Opening on two sides, a garden and the street, it is light, airy and pleasant with exposed beams. Washing machine, oven and free wi-fi are available. It is located in the famous rue Mouffetard, renowned for its various bars and restaurants of different nationalities, as well as for its nightlife. Within 15 minutes walk from Notre-Dame cathedral.
- Studio290 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
STUDIO, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- English, French
- Calendar last updated:
- Jul 17, 2018
Why Caroline Marzo chose Jardin des Plantes
I bought this flat for his exceptional location and investment.
What makes this Studio unique
I felt myself at the same time in the city and in the countryside thanks to its immediate access to the vibrant town and the balcony opening on a quiet and luxuriant garden.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 10:30 AM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great location and great studio!
Loved this little place! It’s right on rue Mouffetard which is my favorite street in Paris. Apartment was clean, bright and sofa bed was comfortable. Caroline was there to greet me and give instructions and was easily accessible if needed during my stay. I was there during the World Cup so it was noisy on Mouffetard until late but you can shut the windows on the Mouffetard side and still have air from the terrasse side (very charming terrasse). Highly recommend this studio!
Perfect location for seeing Paris
My granddaughter and I stayed in this studio apartment for about a week in May. It is in a very trendy neighborhood with many restaurants, shops and clubs on the same street. There is an especially nice tea shop near by. Nonetheless, the 4th floor location of the apartment made it fairly quiet and we had no trouble sleeping. We took the RER in from CDu and walked from Luxemburg stop in about 20minutes. There is a metro only 7 minute walk away. The kitchen is small but quite adequate and previous visitors had left quite a bit of non-perishable food items which made it easy to eat a little "at home.Caroline as very helpful.
There are a couple of things to note: We mistakenly thought there was a bedroom with one bed and a separate sofa bed. There is only a sofa which doubles as a bed at night. It was quite comfortable, but still important to note that two people who share this studio will need to share a bed. The apartment is walk-up to the fourth floor.This was easy for us because we travel light but it could be difficult for someone who has heavy luggage or who is not comfortable with walking 4 floors or 68 steps. On the other hand it is nice training for walking up the Notre Dame tower! I would definitely stay here again!
Perfect Parisian experience
The apartment is just as pictured and described. Absolutely charming and well equipped in a great lively neighborhood. Its a perfect size for 1 or 2 people. Easily walkable to left bank sights and nearby metro to anywhere else in the city. Caroline is welcoming and accommodating. I usually avoid a sofa bed but this was perfectly comfortable. I used the small balcony more than expected...nice end of the day spot or great sunrise from that side in the mornings. There are all kinds of shops and restaurants in this area and a small grocery store right across the street. Everthing is very convenient and very Parisian...would definitely recommend!
Fantastic -- only praIse! Perfect location, comfortable, well equipped; responsive host.
75 Rue Mouffetard was wonderful; I offer some positive reflections which may not be obvious from the description but which are important. I have no criticisms.
1. Light & noise. Lots of nice light, but place gets dark properly for sleeping. The double-paned windows at the front really keep the street noise to a minimum. The street is lively but not excessively noisy.
2. The neighbors — both upstairs & next door — were extremely quiet. I never heard them. No problems there.
3. Heating & cooling. Steam heat warms the apartment up very quickly & nicely. If fresh air is needed, there’s a window in the kitchen or the living room. It’s easy to aerate the apartment. I’m not sure if the apartment is hot in the summer — I don’t see an air conditioning unit — so it might make sense to get a small fan in hot weather.
4. Sleeping. The fold-out couch is actually quite comfortable & easy to open/close. I really like a comfortable bed so I will fully attest to the quality of this piece of furniture. I slept wonderfully. Storage for bedding is easy.
5. Appliances, etc. Appliances all work very well & there the wifi was quite good. Television has a great signal. I did not attempt to use the washer/drier. No dishwasher. Power was always on.
6. Water. Plenty of hot water everywhere. Shower was not too small (the way many in Paris can be). Water tastes fine; no great need to buy water.
7. Kitchen. Kitchen is small but very functional — everything works well, & I enjoyed being able to cook, make coffee, heat things in the microwave, etc. Look for the collapsible cutting board just under the stove.
8. Previous guests had left a nice amount of supplies, also — sugar, salt, oil, vinegar, coffee, etc. When I left, I donated the food I had (which would not spoil) to the supply. There is a grocery store (Franprix) *right across the street* — with plenty of nice supplies, & there are fresh fruit, bakeries, wine, & restaurants right very nearby on the street.
9. Location & Transportation. This is a fantastic street to be on, both for it’s own sake & for its proximity to other parts of Paris. Many buses & metros are very nearby. Place Monge & Censier-Daubenton are both close metro stops. Walking to many places (Louvre, etc.) is easy an less than 30 minutes. Indeed, an enormous amount of sight-seeing Paris is walkable from here.
10. Host — Caroline. Very responsive, professional host. Interactions & refund were timely & informative. I recommend her as a host very highly.
Caroline is wonderful to work with. She met us at the agreed time & she was able to assist us with finding our way to most of our destinations.
Pros: wonderful location in the Latin Quarter on Rue Mouffetard, which becomes a pedestrian mall in less than a block. Shops, restaurants, & bars are within 5 minutes, as well as the Metro stop at Place Monge. The market directly across the street is a bonus.
Cons: The 4 flights of stairs was only an issue when carrying luggage up - otherwise acceptable. My 200 lb husband complained that the sofa bed was uncomfortable, but it was fine for me. The biggest negative was the delivery trucks and trash trucks at 5:30-6:30 every morning. I recommend using white noise - it really helps!
My friend and I loved staying here, felt right in the midst of the city life. It was lovely that it was near places to eat, a supermarket (right across the street) and two metro stations.