|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Beautiful sunset views of Lake Tahoe, a convenient location, kid friendly features, and lots of room to relax, make staying here a great choice for your Tahoe vacation.
New for 2013 : Brand new 4 burner Charbroil grill with side burner. Grill on the deck with a lake view!
New for 2012 : Futon with upgrade quality mattress provides a comfortable place to sleep with a great view and the cozy gas fireplace. New cutlery for 8 and new closet doors for the washer and dryer were also added.
If you must work, or just look like you're working, the free high speed wifi-g let's you stay in touch with the office or world so you can vacation longer and have an easier return. Good cell coverage due to proximity to the casinos.
At the clubhouse, the large heated swimming pool (summer only) and children's play area will entertain the little kids while the new for 2013 in ground hot tub (open all year), sauna, pool table, ping pong, or tennis courts will entertain the big kids in all of us. The paved hiking trail that connects to Lake Village Drive entertains all whether on foot, bike or skis.
You'll enjoy beautiful lake views from two bedrooms, the living room and the deck which let you see Tahoe in all its many moods and colors. Wonderful sunset views though often we're out having fun and don't make it back in time to see them.
Our own kids love it here (6 and 12 years old). We've added a screen for the gas fireplace and gates at the stairways for safety and to help the parents (Mom's especially) relax more.
Don't cramp your vacation in just a hotel room! For the same price or less you can enjoy 3 stories and 1700 sq ft. of comfort. The full kitchen will save you money over eating out all the time. 3 bedrooms, (2 queen size beds and 2 twin beds) plus a futon, 2 cots, foam pads and an air mattress easily accommodate 8. 2 Bedrooms are on the lower level, 7 steps from the parking lot. The middle level has the living room, kitchen, dining room and a half bath, and the top level the master bedroom and lake view deck.
The convenient location means less time in the car, and more time having fun. It's only 1 mile to the Casinos, the Heavenly Gondola and its shops, 1.5 miles to a large Safeway grocery store, 2 miles to Nevada Beach and 25 miles to the Diamond Peak ski area.
Each bedroom has its own full bathroom so it's very convenient to go with friends whom you might like but not want to share a bathroom.
The remodeled kitchen is still in great shape. A comfy La-Z-Boy chair is great for warming from the fireplace while enjoying the lake view.
Eco-friendly features : direct vent gas fireplace eliminates wood smoke pollution while heating efficiently (and attractively), liquid soap and bath wash = no wasteful messy soaps, insulating cellular blinds for windows, no professional pest control and its toxins, vinyl siding spares wood and reduces heating load. Owners are longstanding members of the Sierra Club, NRDC, POST, Sempervirens, Keep Tahoe Blue, et al.
It's a great place to be and we're sad to leave it every time.
German and Mandarin communication available. Wir sprechen Deutsch ond a bissle Schwäbisch.
My wife and I are both engineers in Silicon Valley. As the world becomes virtualized, we'll be able to work from anywhere and when that happens, we wanted a nice place to work from.
The Owner purchased this condo in 2000
We looked at numerous properties. Some were deep in the woods, some were facing Route 50, some were in very busy areas. None had that Tahoe feeling. . . until this one. The lake view is great, wonderful sunset views, and the area is very quiet. It was over our budget but irresistible and we've not regretted our choice.
It's a nice comfortable place to stay. Great views and a full kitchen, a home away from home. The layout is also well thought out; each bedroom has its own bathroom and then an additional half bath on the main level. If someone is camping in the living room by the fireplace, they won't need to traipse through anyone's bedroom in the middle of the night.
Beautiful condo located near the casinos. Condo included all of our needs for our group of 5. Plenty of room for more. We weren't able to spend much time on either balcony as it was snowing but there are beautiful views of the lake. Will definitely return!
Check-in went smoothly with keys readily available even though we arrived after the office was closed. Check-out went ok although we had no idea what time to check-out as the sheet with red print states emphatically (all in caps complete with exclamation point) that check-out is 11:00am sharp. However the second page of the three page document states that check-out is 10:00 am. Confusion reigns! Perhaps most people don’t actually read the documents but we did. Parking passes are mentioned more than once but we didn’t receive any –no problem as most units were unoccupied with it being July.
However, we had a few issues with the unit:
- Musty smell upon entering the unit - most of the condo smelled fine after we opened some windows but the front entry remained smelly
- Carpet was just generally dirty –vacuumed but dirty
- No batteries in remote in the front first level bedroom
- Stains on some of the towels
- Not enough silverware for our five people
- The lock on the owner-locked cabinet in the kitchen fell out barely missing someone’s foot
- Although the write-up says this unit is very family friendly, we found that not to be the case as several windows were without screens. We were all adults but the liability of having children stay there is scary. On the third level we left a window closed (even though it was warm enough to want it open) as the opening is low enough that even as adults we didn’t want to risk falling out in the dark.
- Half the laundry door was off its track, leaning against the wall
- Several wall heaters had no covers – also a safety issue although not a problem in July
- The furniture on the third level deck was dirty and cigarettes had been extinguished on the railing – so even though the unit is non-smoking, someone had smoked on the premises.
- Cobwebs in the third level bedroom
- The lamp on the nightstand next to the bed in the third level bedroom was broken –a nightstand and lamp on both sides of the bed would have been nice.
- The light fixture in the vanity area of the third level bedroom made a buzzing sound and only one side of it would light up – even after bulb replacement.
- Heat lamp in the third level bath smoked when on during a shower –might have just been dusty
- Third level bathroom door has a screw (?) near the bottom of the door with the point sticking into the tub room – only a minor scratch received but could have been much worse
Tissue, shampoo & other extras usually found in upscale rental condos would have
We stayed at South Lake Tahoe many times before and this is the best place we ever had there. This is a large house. A large open balcony on the third floor with lake view that you see in the pictures - fantastic! You can also see this view from the living room. My wife and I stayed with our two daughters for three nights and only used the two bedrooms at the first floor - there is another bedroom at the third floor which we planned for our friends who did not make it. It would be very convenient for two families (or three couples). Separate heather thermostat in every room - saved unnecessary argues. The kitchen is fully loaded with *everything*, feels just like at home (it's not the one-pan four-plates type:-). We shopped at the nearby Safeway, cooked and eat all our meals in the house (great dishwasher, too). Heavenly gondolas are a couple miles south. We used the club house hot tub after a day of ski at nearby Heavenly, and then BBQ in the house (the pool was still closed, for the winter)... I can't ask for more. Will go again.
Very well situated (10min form Heavenly). Quiet place with a nice view of the lake. Perfect for a group of 8-10 people with a lot of space and great kitchen area!
2 Miles to Nevada Beach on beautiful Lake Tahoe. Great place to watch fireworks on July 4 and Labor Day.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Mar 21 2016 - Apr 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$100 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
$300 security deposit. Have never had to withhold any, so far lucky. Cleaning fee waived with longer rentals.