1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
- english, spanish
About Edward Dunbar
We are a pair of psychologists who love to travel. One of us spent childhood summers in Idyllwild. I didn't return as an adult until 2013....I was concerned the village might not be as magical as I recalled, and was happy to find that it was still magical! We love that the town is very friendly. It has something for everyone: Art, film, and music festivals; hiking trails both easy and challenging; rock climbing; and close to the Pacific Coast Trail.
Edward Dunbar purchased this Cabin in 2013
Why Edward Dunbar chose Fern Valley
We have an apartment in Buenos Aires (see VRBO 165043) we've happily been renting to travelers on VRBO since 2006, and have 5 star ratings. We thought it would be fun to have a property closer to home that we could share with travelers. After looking at several cabins, this one was an instantaneous 'yes!'. The cabin (vintage 1940s) was charming, the yard was large and flat, the neighborhood was lovely yet convenient to town, and the views of the mountains were amazing! We've done several upgrades - most importantly, forced air heating! - and plan more, including adding another deck.
What makes this Cabin unique
We loved the vintage feel of the home, and have thoroughly enjoyed adding 'arts and crafts' period touches. These include stickley style furniture, period artwork, vintage jadeite; and period light fixtures. We have really enjoyed the idiosyncratic touches that make this one of a kind, such as a hard to describe ipod dock.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Not for us
Unfortunately this was not a good first time vrbo experience.
Cabin was not clean and in general a mess.
This cabin is very old and needs many repairs. Also many many steps and stairs of which my husband almost fell.
I would not recommend this property unless you like very rustic and worn.
The owner never called us back and so we left the same day.
Not a pleasant experience.
We hope the owner will feel that we should receive a refund. That would be the right thing to do.
We absolutely loved our stay at Ed’s home! It’s super cute inside and quiet.
Our dogs came along and loved the environment!
The home was clean, up to date, fully stocked, and close walking distance to the down town and close to great hiking!
Ed was very helpful and responsive. Thank again!
We will definitely be back!
Perfect for little ones
This cabin is a huge hit with our daughter!! She spent hours playing outside in the massive yard feeding the squirrels and birds. I would highly recommend it to anyone with young children. Note: There’s only 1 full-sized bed so we packed an air mattress.
Such a charming place! Very quiet and private! We would definitely stay here again!
Charming bungalow... lots of vintage furniture! We will definitely be back!
We have a wonderful time staying at Ed's place in Idyllwild. The place was charming and had a really quaint feel like you'd just stepped into your great grandmother's home. We would definitely return!
Idelwild get away
This is our 2nd stay at this fabulous cabin. The cabin is located in a convenient area for both hiking and going into town. It is comfortable and feels like home to us. We absolutely love it.
So many reasons to visit The Idyllwild Bungalow in Idyllwild!
1) Our yard shows all the changes of the seasons! Fall color (the oak trees on our property turn bright yellow and orange), Snow in the Winter, (we are on a well maintained road, so you can enjoy the snow without the hassle), flowers in the Spring, (the yard is carpeted with blue Lupine flower) the sun in Summer...(and everything so green)!
2. Nature: We've spotted cotton tailed rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, bluejays and woodpeckers on our property; we've seen deer wandering casually just blocks away.
3. Good Coffee! We've got a cappuccino maker in the cabin, and excellent coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks & dessert at restaurant within walking distance (Cafe Aroma) (A leisurely walk there - with dogs - takes about 15 minutes).
4. Idyllwild has a Jazz Festival, a Film Festival, and an active arts scene, as well as a movie theater showing newly released films. We're happy to help you with whatever you may be interested in.
5. Walking. We live in a great walking neighborhood. You can stay on fairly level ground (walking roughly north/south) OR you can get a nice mini workout walking the hilly areas (roughly east/west).
6. Hiking. Our cabin is very close to the trail head at Humber Park, and to the Ernie Maxwell Scenic Trail (an easier hike).