3 Bedroom , 2 Bathroom Sleeps 8
Krista and Karie Gaumer
About Krista and Karie Gaumer
We are sisters who love the beach and welcome you to share our home for your vacation!
Why Krista and Karie Gaumer chose Ventura
This property is completely upgraded and simply decorated for a relaxing weekend with the family. It's placed close to the private gate to the beach (5 houses down). It's has a great view and a lovely feel!
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Beautiful home in the perfect location, perfect for our family getaway!
The house is wonderful and we couldn't have been happier! We were in the area for our daughters graduation from UCSB and it was the perfect space for everyone: My husband and I took the master, my 83 year old dad had bedroom 1 (which has a door to enter the bathroom ...a plus!) , my son and niece had the "kids" room with the full bunk beds and my brother and his wife took the downstairs bedroom. It was nice having our own private spaces and sleeping with the sound of the ocean in the background. Even though it is close to highway 1, don't be alarmed, you can't here a car go by (although a train every now and then but it was kind of nice listening to it go by!). We loved the fact the community is gated and only 10 minutes from Von's grocery store in Ventura.
The home is very clean and the kitchen stocked with plenty of pots, pans, plates, cups, utensils, etc. Bring your own condiments and the kitchen is set to cook whatever you desire. We enjoyed cooking tri-tip on the gas grill on our last night and admiring our ocean view. The hosts are very accomodating and available for anything you may need. We highly recommend this lovely vacation getaway!
Comfortable, clean, great beach access
We really enjoyed staying here with our family in April. It was still a little chilly, but the sun did come out and we were able to swim one day. The other days we really liked walking along the shore while the kids looked for rocks and shells. We even saw a baby seal right up on the beach by the house! It was fun!
So glad you had a good time! Thanks for coming and we hope to host you again soon!
Good location, had a great time, but some easy fixes could make it much better
The good bits:
- Great location very close to a semi-private beach with good surf - fast to get to Ventura or Santa Barbara. House had body boards and beach toys which were not mentioned in description but we enjoyed.
- Large dining table with 8 tall chairs was great - made it a sociable place to eat, drink, play games, use computer, etc., with a view of the sea.
- Whole place clean and well maintained (although ants were invading the kitchen).
- Well equipped kitchen.
- Really liked the fact that we didn't have to strip beds, wash towels, clean everywhere on day of departure (which home rentals we have had in the past have insisted on). They have a cleaner for that and it makes for a much less stressful time on last day of holiday.
Areas that could be improved quite easily:
- Beds were covered with a plasticky mattress protector that made beds less comfortable to sleep in.
- TV set up very difficult to get working - there should be home specific instructions for this.
- Surprised that there was not any form of welcome pack, not even dishwasher tablets. On the other hand, there were some useful things and condiments that may have been left by previous guests.
- Deck area was lovely to use, but the floor was very dirty and furniture not to same standard as inside of house.
- ice maker in freezer incredibly slow - not sure if there's a fault.
And just as a warning, there is no washing machine/dryer and no air conditioning.
Thank you for your review! We will work on addressing your concerns and hope to see you again soon!
Beautiful Home and Location
Our family spent a week at the wonderfully relaxing Faria Beach house. The house is spotless and impeccably maintained to the highest levels. There are plenty of large windows that bathe one in natural light, the sea air, and the relaxing sound of surf 24/7. We often had breakfast and dinner on the deck or at the dinner table just looking at the sea. It’s a delight to cook here with the modern kitchen with granite counter tops, and a large gas BBQ outside on the deck. There are three ample sized bedrooms with comfortable beds and linens. There is cable TV (that includes the Dodgers channel—a rare thing in LA!) Sand toys, umbrellas, chairs for the beach are all here. The beach is just steps from your front door and it’s all yours—oftentimes, we were the only folks on the beach, which is great for surfing, tide pooling, sunbathing, and beachcombing. We never saw any litter on the beach, which is unique for SoCal. For the few times that we left the beach house, there are great restaurants nearby in Ventura and we were just a few miles south of Montecito. It was a blessing to spend the week in Krista’s and Karie’s family beach home.
We had such a great time. The home was clean and equipped with everything we needed. Would definitely go back.
We are so happy you had a great time! Hope to see your family again soon !
Our stay far exceeded our expectations! The place provided great accommodations for all of us.
The location was perfect and was a great time for our whole family!