Self Catering 11 C Chateau in Regional Park of Normandy Near D Day Beaches(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 very large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, separate WC, 11 people + cots
Magnificent Chateau, originally built by William the Conqueror's half brother, Odon de Conteville. Chateau Neuilly is full of history and is situated in a perfect and tranquil environment, in the heart of the Regional Marsh Park of Normandy. It is close to the D Day landing beaches and the American Cemetery, 30 km from Bayeux, 15 min from sandy beaches and 1hr from Mont St Michel.
This beautiful listed building is full of character and maintains many of its original architectural features, with arches, stone walls and floors, beams in all the rooms, a monumental fireplace in the huge living room.
The Chateau is fully renovated with state of the art heating and electricity. Newly fitted kitchen with 5 burner range cooker and all modern conveniences. The interior is extremely light and warm with a real feeling of space due to big rooms and high ceilings. TV, DVD and video collection available as well as a home cinema
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- Chateau / Country House
- 300 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
- 1st double bedroom : with galleried mezzanine, beams, king size bed. 2nd double bedroom : beams, alcoves in the walls, king size bed, fireplace, 2 antique settees, nice view onto the courtyard and chapel. 3rd bedroom : the children’s room”, is extremely large, with beams, arches on the stone walls, elevated alcove with 2 single beds reached via a small ladder. 3 other beds in the centre of the room. Also features full size table football, dartboard, pool table, large dolls house and many other toys. 4th bedroom: with beams, 2 single beds which can be pushed together to create a double....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The chateau is situated in a very quiet and secluded location and is surrounded by 3 hectares of sweeping landscaped parkland and orchards that lead onto the main courtyard. A walled lawn garden is also accessible from the Kitchen and is a perfect place for outside lunch/dinner with a stunning view on the marsh. The garden also serves as a place to play badminton, volleyball and croquet, available in the Chateau. The main courtyard is laid with cobblestones and leads to a 13th century Chapel (which is not yet renovated). Last year it was home to a nest of owls, just one of the species of birds to be found in the grounds. Within the garden are several fruit trees including apple, pear and plum which will ensure good pickings for those taking autumn breaks at the chateau. No doubt holiday makers will need to compete with the rich local bird life for the fruit. The garden also contains a mill pond fed by a stream from the River l’Elle and two wells (which are both secured)....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 18 people
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Child's Swing
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Rental from Saturday to Saturday but flexibility available out of season.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Normandy is a superb vacation destination, combining beautiful countryside, stunning beaches, a rich and varied history and excellent food. Normandy holidays, because of the variety, cater for all tastes.
The Chateau is located in a regional park of Normandy named ' Le Parc naturel regional des Marais du Contentin et du Bessin”. The regional park, well known for its fishing, is a vast marshland in Normandy criss-crossed by several major rivers and countless smaller streams and canals. It is an area of great natural beauty and tranquility. The chateau lies between 2 major Normandy rivers, the Vire and the l’Elle, both with excellent fishing and has stunning views across the marshes in all directions. The property is not over looked by any other habitations so you are guaranteed privacy. Herons, Storks, Buzzards, Owls and many other birds can be seen from the kitchen windows.
Chateau Neuilly is near Bayeux, Mont St. Michel, Coutances as well as being close to the D Day beaches.
View to the property
Saint Lo Market
13th Century Barn
Walled Garden with view on Barn
Plage de Coutainville
- Response time Within a few days
- Response rate 80%
- Calendar last updated 01/16/2017
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.