About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
PRIVATE,HEATED POOL and PRIVATE ASSOCIATION BEACH! Amazing Custom Built 4 bedroom, 2 bath lodge style Cedar vacation Home!! This special property is professionally designed in Adirondack style with modern furnishings, antiques and kilim rugs.
All of the living space is conveniently located on the 1st floor (the lofted area is for storage only).
Located in Lakeside on the border of Union Pier in the heart of Lake Michigan Harbor Country, only one and a half blocks to a spectacular private Lake Michigan Beach! Walk to restaurants and shops.
This unique vacation home is covered in wood from the floors and walls to the cathedral ceilings with a 20 foot tall field stone wood burning fireplace. Dine in the beautiful screened porch as well as wrap around decks!
The beds are as follows; one king, one queen, bunks and two twins all covered in designer linens on high-end mattresses. The kitchen is fully stocked and has butcher block island which seats four, stainless appliances, wood floors and great lighting.
The dining room seats eight around a table and chairs. The kitchen, living and dining rooms are open to each other for fantastic family entertaining. Relax with the surround sound stereo with a DVD/CD player.
Both bathrooms have imported slate and great H20 pressure. A new washer and dryer is for your convenience as well. Imagine relaxing in your private oasis either floating in your private heated pool or sunning at the beach!
Enjoy top restaurants, casinos,shops, small town charm, beaches, boating, swimming, hiking, skiing, golfing, fruit picking, as well as the beautiful countryside. Call now before it books up!
Please be aware there are no pets allowed. However, a small, older non-shedding dog MAY be considered.
Keywords: Custom vacation rental Home, log,cedar, lake Lake Michigan, beach, heated, private, pool, luxury vacation, rental ,home,high-end, beautiful,Antiques, Antiquing, Michigan, Lakeside, Union Pier, New Buffalo, Harbert, Dunes,4 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, Sunny, Private Location, shopping, hunting, nightlife, summer fun, winter fun, rental, jet skiing, sailing, boating, windsurfing, tubing, harbor, skiing, sledding, wine tasting, skating,Southwest Michigan, pool deck, Harbor Country, Screen Porch, Swimming,Boating, Casino, Golf, gambeling,Vineyards, Wineries,Vacation Rental,Spectacular Sandy Beach, Sandbar, Heated Pool,Private Pool, Sun Deck. Single Floor, 1 floor, Limited Handicap Accessible, Private, pool, Hamptons of the Midwest,Retreat, Family, Kids, Family Vacation, Fun,Fruit Picking, Shelling, Miles of Beautiful Sandy Beaches, beautiful, Stunning, Charming, Log Cabin Style, wood, Cedar.Lodge Style,Fishing, Charter Fishing, Jet Ski Rental, paddle board,sailing,surfing,boating
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 20, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
A Beautiful Cabin... but, Needs Updated Description.
The cabin is nice. Beautiful wood finishes. Tasteful decorating. Ample space for entertaining. The fireplace is wonderful. Beds are comfy. The problem, though, is that the description is misleading/outdated and many updates/much attention needs to be placed on certain things. For the price, I was quite disappointed with the below:
• Overall: The cabin is nice but it doesn't seem like the owners even want it rented. There are notes everywhere to "not use" this or to "remember to shut" this off or "don't use counters for cutting." Even things like the butcher block counters, were asked to not be cut on... and there were minimal cutting boards to use in place of them. It was off-putting and felt like we weren't trusted guests during our stay.
• Bathrooms: The water pressure is quite low, in fact. In addition, the bathroom by the twin beds had a clogged drain and stained basin. It took nearly 6 hours to fully drain which was not pleasant with 8 guests.
• Entertainment: Outdated or unusable. The surround sound wasn't hooked up / working properly, Netflix / Roku is inoperable (a group of 8 people well-versed in tech, couldn't get it to work), and cable is limited to basic. We had to plug our personal laptop into the HDMI to watch movies at night.
• Privacy: The photos and description are misleading. When you pull up you see houses all around you. It is located in a sub-division of homes/rentals. You are within eye and earshot of multiple homes when in the backyard. The pool is, however, fenced off but because of this you unfortunately feel boxed in. This property, overall, is far less "PRIVATE" than described.
• Communication: Our host was great communicating up to the rental was paid for and access code sent, but when we reached out to inquire about extending checkout (well over 24 hours in advance) she went radio silent. Note, we offered to pay for the extra time too, as we weren't expecting a free late checkout.
• Check-In / Check-Out: Check in is at 4PM and Check out is 10AM. For a cabin specializing in large parties this is unusual / rushed. Even 3PM check in + 11am check out would be better.
• Transportation: Note expect to stay at the cabin. If you want to go anywhere, there are minimal transportation options. For context, it was $14/person, round trip, to Four Winds Casino. That's the cheapest we found. For a group of 8 it was over $120 (with tip), to go to the closest casino.
Booked the cottage with college friends to use as our base as we went back and forth to ND and ND games. Wish we could have just stayed here because it really felt like home away from home. The cottage was very well kept and had enough amenities for us to use with ease. Thank you to Pam, the owner, who was so accommodating and made our stay easy. We will definitely go back next year.
It was perfect for a group of 8. Great pool, close to the beach and Pam was a helpful host.
Absolutely spectacular vacation at Cedar Lodge!!
We absolutely loved our stay at this exquisite vacation house, everything was perfect! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us!
Quiet cabin in the woods but lots to do
Great quiet scenic location on a private wooded lot. Easily accommodated our party of 8. Very close, walking distance, to a clean private beach with beach chairs provided. Also spent hours in the heated pool at the cabin. This is close to fine dining, or if you prefer, burgers, pizza or bar food. Cabin was clean with everything provided for cooking etc. with a nice outdoor grill. Mattresses should be updated in our opinion, but that can be a personal thing. The place is expensive but you get what you pay for. We felt it was a good value. We enjoyed every minute of our stay.
Pool, beach, screen porch what more do you need for a great vacation with lots to do close by.
It was great
Thank you for the review Eric, hope to see you back again soon!
Beautiful private association sandy beach on Lake Michigan appx 1 1/2 blocks! Located in the heart of Michigan's wine country, near many vineyards offering wine tasting. Private heated POOL (summer), Amazing restaurants, shopping, boating, fishing, golf, antiquing and only 15 min. from Four Winds Casino!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Please note: We DON'T charge taxes :)!! There is an additional $75 cleaning fee for group over 8.