Highlights of La Maison de la Vieille Vigne:
- Peaceful and very quiet village location only 7 minutes from Beaune
- Freshly restored winemaker's cottage dating back to the 1650s
- Queen-sized bed & double pull-out sofa
- Private, enclosed flagstone courtyard attached to the cottage
- Wireless high speed internet included in rental price
- Satellite TV with many English channels (also DVD player and extensive DVD library)
- Washer and dryer
- Cozy wood-burning fireplace
- Fully equipped kitchen including microwave and dishwasher
- High quality bed linens and towels included: beds are made up for your arrival
- Flexible start / end days to stays
La Maison de la Vieille Vigne is a fully restored winemaker's cottage nestled in the peaceful winemaking village of Villers-la-Faye, only seven minutes from the stunning medieval town of Beaune.
The cottage is completely independent, private, and newly renovated. We do not live on-site. It is extremely quiet, as it tucked back in a lane (with ample free parking all around). The village boulangerie is just steps away so you will be assured of a fresh croissants every morning!
La Maison de la Vieille Vigne consists of one bedroom (with a queen-sized bed), one bathroom, and a main room with a fireplace at one end and a fully equipped kitchen at the other. There is also a private attached flagstone courtyard off the bedroom for outdoor meals, relaxing, or BBQ's. The cottage dates from around 1650 and boasts lovely exposed rock walls and oak beams. It is decorated with a tasteful mix of antiques and new furniture. There is a brand-new and very comfortable double pull-out couch in this Main Room, as well as a comfy chair for reading by the fireplace.
The cottage is completely equipped with everything you need to enjoy your stay in Burgundy, including high quality bed linens (beds are made up for your arrival), binders full of local information and tips, towels, and a bottle of local wine to welcome you.
While the village is calm and set in the spectacular undulating vineyards of the Hautes-Cotes, it is very central. Beaune - the beautiful and dynamic medieval town that is the centre of winemaking in the area - is only a seven minute drive away. The fascinating city of Dijon is thirty minutes North. All of the prestigious wine-making villages of the Cote de Nuits and Cote de Beaune such as Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, and Gevrey-Chambertin, to name just a few are, are literally on your doorstep.
We will of course negotiate lower prices for long-term stays. Please don't hesitate to contact us for additional information and photos. A Bientot!