Tropical Retreat W/ Salt Water Pool, Waterfall, Spa, Natural Caves!(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:31 nights
- Property type:Estate
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4000 Sq Ft, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths In This Secluded Paradise
- Ocean View with Gorgeous Sunsets
- Large private deck with Ocean View and seating
- Gas Fireplace
- Formal Art Deco Living Room with Grand Piano
- WI-FI; High-Speed
- Cell phone boosters
- Large Screen TV, Cable TV with Apple TV
- Laundry Area
- Great Room w/ Circular Table - Seats 6-8
- Gourmet Kitchen with cooking essentials
- Filtered Water Tap
- Comfy Beds
- Hardwood Floors throughout
- Beautiful artwork throughout the home
- Tropical setting
- Private Heated Saltwater Pool with Waterfall
- Outdoor fire pit
- Spa Jacuzzi with jets
- Backyard seating/dining for up to 12 people
- Gas Barbecue Grill
- Ping Pong Table, Hula Hoops, Golf Clubs
- Beach necessities: 2 Boogie Boards, beach chairs, umbrellas, beach towels, coolers
- Gorgeous Beaches within 5 minute walk
- Tennis Court 1 block away - open to the public (tennis rackets provided at home)
- Bluebird Park is about 1 mile away
(For picnics, Bocce Ball, summer concerts, large children’s playground.
- The Ranch Golf Course (golf clubs at house)
- Batting Cages in Laguna Canyon
35 minutes drive to Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm.
15 minutes to Fashion Island, large luxury outdoor mall
1 hour to San Diego, Sea World, Lego Land, San Diego Zoo
45 minutes LA, Universal Studios, Hollywood
45 minutes to Long Beach, Queen Mary Hotel, Long Beach Aquarium
15 minutes to Dana Point Harbor
15 minutes to Newport Beach and Balboa Island
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 9
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 8-9
- Queen Mermaid Master Suite: (First level of upper portion of home) Mermaid theme w/ Queen Bed. Large bay window w/ view to tropical yard and pool. En suite bath w/ dual sinks, jacuzzi tub, separate shower w/ glass block and built in seat. Kid Friendly: Across hall from Mermaid Master. Bunk bed w/ single bed across. Sleeps 3. Especially great for kids! Private bathroom w/ shower across hall. Upstairs Master Queen: On the highest (3rd) level of home. One of two master bedrooms. Queen bed, spacious room w/ seating; great space to relax. Sliding glass door leads to large deck that spans entire level of house w/ views of the ocean, backyard and pool, caves, and tropical hillside. Perfect for watching sunsets! Shared master bath w/ marble, tub & shower combo, dual sinks, small ocean view window. Upstairs King Master: (across from Queen Master) King bed, seating area, medium-sized flat screen. Same access to deck with great views. Shared bath w/ Queen Master....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Mermaid Bath: En suite bathroom to Mermaid master. Dual sinks w/ lots of counter space. Large shower w/ built-in seat and glass block designs. Separate jacuzzi tub with w/ jets and glass block designs. Under large window to yard with great view (but private enough for the bathroom!) Bathroom 2: Three steps from Kid Friendly bedroom, this is a smaller but luxurious bathroom with pedestal sink, open cabinet for storage, and lovely shower with hand-painted tile designs. Shared Upper Master Bath: Shared by Upstairs masters. All marble, dual sinks, tub and shower combo with hand-painted tiles. Small ocean view window! Downstairs/Visitor Half Bath: Off the pantry. Near kitchen and great access from the yard and other living areas. Pedestal sink, medicine cabinet. Pool Shower: Located under house for pool shower. Very large shower and toilet. Sink located across from bathroom. ...moreless
- $350 cleaning fee for stay. $350.00 Utilities coverage for one month. We will cover the first $350.00 for utilities during your stay including electric, gas, and water. Any amount above $350 will need to be covered by the guest at the end of their stay, via check or money order. Please be reminded that use of the air conditioning will greatly raise the cost for electricity! California is in a serious drought so please keep this is mind and avoid taking long showers and running water excessively. This will result in a fine from the city. Thanks for your consideration. If you desire additional house keeping (more than once per stay), discuss with home owner prior to stay. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
Our dining area is unique; a round, built-in marble table. Open concept space with ocean views. Seats 8. Extra Dining outside w/ Two extra tables; seats 12. Dine in nature in our tropical yard!...moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub:
- Private Pool:
- Housekeeper Included
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - Aug 31, 2017
31 night min stay
My Standard Rate
31 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Utilities $500
- Cleaning Fee $350
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Tax Rate 10%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Everything you would need is in Laguna! Night life, beach, festivals, music, parks, sports, and so much more! Amazing restaurants. Art, plays, and the Pacific Ocean. It's the most beautiful place in the world!
Year Purchased: 1971
About the owner: Laguna native with love for design, collecting art, and creating a tropical paradise in my backyard. International traveler and former airline employee. Also an artist working in the medium of sculpting and jewelry.
Why the Owner Chose Mystic Hills (Laguna Beach, CA, USA):
My mother, a well-known So. California artist, fell in love with Laguna because it reminded her of the French Riviera. She bought this home because of its private setting and unique qualities like the natural backyard caves, large layout of home, and views of the ocean and beautiful surrounding valley. When I inherited this home, I updated the home to include a mixture of classic and modern styles. To pay tribute to my mother's artistry, you can find her gorgeous and whimsical hand-painted tiles incorporated in four of the home's bathrooms and her artwork throughout the house along with many other beautiful pieces by various artists. I used my love for traveling to exotic locales to create a lush, tropical setting in the backyard to transport myself and visitors to a colourful paradise.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
Private setting, pool and caves in the back yard. Spacious home and gourmet kitchen. Walking distance to the beach, art Festivals, central downtown and many amenities.
- Primary: +1 9496368175
- Secondary: +1 9493108884
Links to more information:
View of the waterfall and pool.
Art Deco Entryway.
Formal living with 12 foot couch, grand piano, and large electric fire place.
Wine fridge in dining room, granite table (seats 6-8).
Kitchen to pool
Queen Bedroom with Mermaid theme. En suite bath, dual sinks, tub & shower.
Jacuzzi bath with view to backyard.
1st Master w/ queen, deck access, ocean view, shared bath with 2nd master
Shared Master Bathroom with Art Deco features! Dual sinks, shower and tub combo.
Laguna's Main Beach. 5 minute walk downhill from home. Photo by home owner.
Sunset and ocean view from the master suite balcony of home
View of the house from the water fall.
Backyard and BBQ.
Formal Living room with ocean view. (new 12 ft couch not pictured)
Family Room with Surround Sound, Large Screen TV, Block Glass Black-lit Bar
Kitchen with Granite Counters. All amenities included
Queen bedroom, with en suite bathroom, dual sinks, separate tub & shower
Mermaid master bathroom, glass block shower, with separate jacuzzi bath.
Kid-friendly room. Three single beds. Bathroom across hall incl. shower.
2nd Master w/ king bed, deck access, ocean view. Shared bath w/ 1st master.
Shared Bathroom to Upstairs Bedrooms. Painted tile by home owner's mother
Main Beach and Heisler Park. Photo by homeowner.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.