About the property
- House2400 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Beautiful Central Austin Cottage
Just the two of you on a weekend getaway? A big group coming to Austin for one of the music festivals? Our property has versatile options that can fit any size group. Our beautiful, recently-updated property has open floor plans that are perfect for relaxing after those long days at any of the various Austin events and festivals or for a retreat on a weekend getaway.
We have a variety of convenient options available to you. Sleeps anywhere from 1 to 10. Prices vary depending on accommodations needed. Please inquire for additional information.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
About Lorna Borger
We are a Colorado family who transplanted to Austin 9 years ago. We lovingly remodeled every square foot of our property, and we can't wait to share it with you!
Lorna Borger purchased this House in 2013
Why Lorna Borger chose Rosedale
Our fabulous location is just blocks from fantastic restaurants, coffee shops, a gourmet grocery, parks, a farmer's market... you name it, you can walk to it! The majority of the homes in the quaint Rosedale area were built during the 1930s and 1940s, giving them an allure not found with newer construction. Go for a long walk through the streets of the neighborhood to experience charm and vitality or, get out and explore all that downtown Austin has to offer in just minutes. Not enough? We have close proximity to the Capitol, and The University of Texas at Austin.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 10:00 AM
Check-out: 4:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beautiful home in nice area - easy drive downtown
Home was beautiful, comfortable, spacious. Lorna was responsive and attentive to communications. All in all, a wonderful experience! Will book again.
Lovely, comfortable home in a perfect location.
Lorna and Zach were great hosts. Very communicative about their property as well as the surrounding areas. They had great suggestions on things to do and places to eat and even kids activities! And much is within walking distance of their home. Their home has been newly renovated and is beautiful and comfortable and such a great location. I would highly recommend staying here. Great for family or friends.
Nothing less than absolutely AMAZING!!!!
The location and the fact that the property is nothing less that beautiful was just an addition to our experience here. Unfortunate circumstances of Hurricane Harvey brought us to the Austin area, and we were completely clueless as to what we were getting ourselves into being new to the area. Lorna mapped every single detail out for us as a key to what's surrounding. Her guidebook gave us wonderful locations and restaurants to visit while in Austin (including this taco place that I dreamt about the next night). The location is centered around all the hotspots in Austin, and not too far from the University of Texas so there are plenty of places that stay open late and an extensive list of things to get into. The property itself was hassle free and had every amenity you could think of and even some you might have forgotten already available. Any questions or concerns you may have we already answered in the guidebook and if there was anything else Lorna gave immediate responses when reached out to. I can't thank Lorna enough for her hospitality, if I visit Austin again which I'm sure I will this property will be the go to for sure.
Helpful host and comfortable cottage!
We stayed at Lorna's main residence for 9 days or so in the middle of August. She was very easy to communicate with from the very beginning. She answered all of our questions quickly and patiently. This is so important when you are staying for many days, you want your host to be helpful and answer your questions quickly and patiently. Overall we had a good experience! Lots of pros and some possible cons below:
- great customer service - nice and responsive host, understanding and patient.
- great location: quiet and safe neighborhood, convenient location.
- cute and cozy feel.
- kitchen, bathroom and laundry area comes with everything you may need (imo): from cooking oil, seasonings, paper towels, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, utensils, laundry detergent, bath towels, kids' bath toys, stepping stools (for kids), soaps etc.
- it's one level which is great if you have young children as you don't have to worry about them falling off the stairs and it's easier to locate them :)
- the outside backyard patio is very relaxing (esp. in the evening or early morning).
- the house smells good, no strong perfume/toxic fumes or strange smells, it was pleasant and clean-smelling.
- the house was also clean!
- A/C worked great!
- lots of toys to keep kids occupied! They have some cool toys :)
- this may not be a problem for others but we are used to warmer water for showering and perhaps there's a way to adjust the temperature higher but the water temperature was a bit "too" cold for us. We tried adjusting the temperature setting of the water heater in the attic and it was still cold. Solution: possibly take showers in the middle of the date or afternoon as it gets pretty hot (esp in the middle of August) by then and maybe the water temperature would have been warmer.
- the guest bath water faucet would emit hot water in the afternoons. Be careful if you have young children. Our solution: get them to wash their hands by the kitchen sink.
- the doors were a bit hard to close without the knobs falling out or making loud sounds.
- if you have skin sensitivities/allergies, you may want to buy your own soaps, shampoo and laundry detergents etc. Ex: The liquid soap bottles may say a certain brand but what is inside the liquid soap bottle may be different.
In conclusion, we enjoyed our stay and are thankful that we chose Lorna's house to spend the 9 days in Austin! Thanks Borgers family!
Comfortable Clean Cool Neighborhood
The owners were so helpful. We had one issue with the air conditioner and they corrected it within a moment. The place is super clean and comfortable. We seemed close to everything, restaurants and parks. Super cool couple. They even invited us to their patio for a drink and conversation. Would book this place again in a heartbeat.
Extremely comfortable, spacious, well appointed
We felt like we were staying in a new home. It's been beautifully remodeled with an open floor plan and lots of sunlight. The location was ideal for our family, near lots of fun shops, restaurants and parks. When we're in Austin next, this will be our first choice.
Located in the heart of the beautiful Rosedale neighborhood, our charming cottage is walking distance to some of the best eateries in a city known for its incredible cuisine. You can't miss a trip to Uppercrust bakery to get what many deem the best cinnamon rolls in Austin, or a stroll over to Tacodeli get amazing tacos at any time, day or night. In the mood for one of the best cups of coffee in the city? Try Houndstooth, just steps away from our front door. Austin has it all, and our charming cottage is at the center of some of the favorite hot spots.