When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This cozy and efficient cottage that sleeps two adults meets the needs of travelers on a budget. No security deposit is required! For only $49 a night there is perhaps no more reasonably priced vacation rental on Hawaii. Now with Free Wi-Fi.
This one bedroom comes with a King-Size bed also has comfortable sofa which can double as extra sleeper. This private one story cottage has two ceiling fans, and a full sized kitchen with refrigerator w/ ice maker, oven and 4-burner stove top, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, blender, and all kitchen utensils. No hotel gives you the benefits of being able to cook and save money. The bathroom has tub, shower, toilet and sink. Meals can be enjoyed on the outside lanai with large picnic table. 'Lemon Cello' also has a new LCD flat screen TV with DVD player, DVD library; and now special HDMI cables to connect your smart phone or computer/I-Pad to large screen TV to view internet on the large screen TV.
Located only 7 blocks from the beautiful Puna coast with delightful walking experiences at your doorstep. Reception for cell phones and wireless computers is excellent. Pleasing landscaping during the day and starlit skies at night. Located in Paradise Park you will be centrally located between the Kalapana Coast and Kilauea Volcano National Park. you are just minutes from Hilo and the airport.
Let 'Lemon Cello' be your vacation get-away and enjoy the beauty of the 'Big Island'.
Retired public school teacher for over 35 years.
David Woodward purchased this cottage in 2002
Cute and Affordable with Free Wi-Fi.
Full kitchen and private entrances.
Lemoncello cottage is a tidy place, central to eastern Hawaii sights and activities. For 2 people, it has plenty of room, with all the amenities you need. It's a great value for the money.
I've lived in Hawaii for almost 12 years. David made our stay feel local, easy, and comfortable. We wanted to see the lava flow, and the location was only 20-30 mins from the hike/bike. We wished we had booked it for longer.
I entered an overall review of David's hospitality and my perspective of his charming LEMONCELLO dwelling-delight immediately after my stay there....apparently my early comments did not post as I had intended for them to do. I loved it!
If you're looking for a 'get-away' at an incredibly delightful price, you're not going to be disappointed...
If you want to experience a taste of jungle life adventure, just enough, not to overwhelm you, it's here...
If you enjoy privacy, quiet, time-to-think, relaxation, comfort, alone-time, whatever reason you need....
Dave is great!
Pooches are, too!
I enjoy the jungle life, seclusion, and feeling I get from an adventure.... But some of my older friends aren't comfortable with in parts of this tropical jungle, so, I showed up at the LemonCello cottage cabin because my lady friends needed a place to feel safe and secure, this topped it!
This month was my time to facilitate our monthly meeting, so our lady seniors met at Dave's. He was kind enough to allow us to hold our senior pot-luck, chat, meeting at his home, before the senior ladies had to return back home to their comfort zone homes, back in 'the city'.
However, this month's meeting added a nice 'little-extra-touch' of something 'sweet' that us old gals needed and appreciated receiving... LEMONCELLO. A delightful get-away... Affodably Charming...
My lady friends received something special
Enjoyment outdoors in the backyard, at night, alone in the jungle, without any fear...
Because they were peacefully secure end safe...
Come on in....Enjoy your visit, stay awhile, relax,
It's Kea'au, Hawaii...
You'll LOVE IT....I DID!
First off David was very nice. The house was clean when we arrived. The only problem we had was little ants and small bugs coming into the house due to the doors not closing properly. This house house has everything you need minus a washer and dryer but since we were only there for the weekend it was fine. I would recommend this to anyone who just needs a place to sleep and make dinner, if you plan on being in the house all day then I think the no a/c will be a problem. The night were cooler so the no a/c wasn't a problem The kitchen was a big plus for us because we saved a good chunk of money by making dinner then going out to eat. The grocery store is about a 20 minute ride from the house so it's good to make a list before you go just in case you forget. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would come back!
This is a great little cottage to stay in. Perfect for two. Very private and quiet - except for the coqui frogs, of course. But we knew to expect those. All the amenities you need are there. Our only regret is that we were only there for one night and couldn't take advantage of the nice outdoor BBQ area. We appreciated the 5 gallon supply of water as we are big water drinkers. Also, thank you, Dave for not charging a ridiculous cleaning and damage fee! That's a big part of why we chose to stay at your place. $59 a night plus a little tax is what you pay. It was nice meeting you and your friendly dogs. Mahalo!
We spent 9 nights at Lemoncello in May of 2015 and enjoyed our stay. We'd really rate this 3.5, but left a 4 here as we needed full star ratings.
- It is very private, secluded, intimate, and cozy. You don’t see or hear the neighbors at all. We recommend Lemoncello for romantic getaways for nature lovers.
- It comes with an equipped kitchen, so you can cook your own meals if you want. Great for people with food allergies or special diets.
- It is much less expensive than a hotel, and you get more room, and more supplies than soap and shampoo. (There’s a good selection of DVDs available, but no wi-fi. We were able to get on Verizon and T-Mobile cellular no problem.)
- It’s on a dirt road that’s half a mile from the paved road, which is 3.5 miles from the main highway. Once at the highway you’re not in a town; Hilo is about half an hour away from the house.
Other items of note:
- There is no actual bedroom door, only a curtain. If you’re a couple alone, this is fine. If you’re traveling with someone else who’s staying on the couch, be aware of privacy issues.
- If you’re going to stay anywhere in this part of Hawaii, you need to like nature. We happened to like the koki frogs and bird calls, but others find it irritating. If your plane lands at night the frogs are the first thing you’ll hear loudly greeting you.
- If you’re going to Hawaii for the beaches, you’re completely in the wrong place.
- If you’re going to Hawaii for the active volcano, this is a good place, as it is sort of central to the volcano and to Hilo.
- It rains a lot. Mostly at night, but sometimes in the morning. It can also be cool outside, especially up the volcano. We were glad we brought sweatshirts.
Overall we were pleased with all the amenities and saved a lot - thank you!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay