Complete Privacy, Tranquil Waterfront in the Litchfield Hills
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Step back in time in this peaceful, spacious, lakefront rental. Charming four bedroom 1920’s Craftsman style retreat in the Litchfield Hills A direct lakefront home on beautiful Westside Pond in Goshen CT, this home offers serene privacy with over 200 feet of waterfront on a 45 acre lake with only a handful of houses. Your own swimmable private waterfront, boating dock, and float for diving and sunbathing. Canoes, rowboat with electric motor, Standup paddle board, kayak, and Sunfish Sailboat are included.
* 4 bedroom, 3.5 baths, 3200 sq ft., sleeps 8-9
* Great ski house 5 minutes from Mohawk Mountain Ski area
* Comfortably decorated with period antiques
* Fully equipped modern kitchen and laundry
* Wi-fi internet connectio , Bose system,smart TV
* Reliable cell service
* 1.2 acres, roomy decks with deluxe gas grill.
* Spacious lakefront screen house, lounge chairs
* Gorgeous stonewalls on the property
* Look out at the stars at night over vast expanses of forest across the pond.
* Excellent lake fishing, stocked Brown, Brook, and Rainbow trout, plus native Bass, Pickerel, Perch, Calico.
* Nearby fly fishing in the nearby Housatonic River fly fishing area.
* Extensive walking trails in nearby Mohawk State Park, White Memorial Nature Preserve
* 5 minutes to Mohawk State Park
* 45 minutes to Tanglewood, Summer home of Boston Symphony
* 10 mins to Litchfield restaurants and antiques
* 20 mins Lime Rock Racing Park
Member since: 2014
- 3200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- hardwood floors, all new mattresses and bedding
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Fishing/Ice Fishing instruction available.
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
- Mountain View:
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 10 - Nov 1, 2016
2 night min stay
Off Peak/Ski 2015
Nov 3 - May 25, 2017
3 night min stay
Early Summer 2017
May 26 - Jun 22, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 23 - Sep 4, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $250
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Goshen is a secluded rural community in the heart of the Litchfield Hills. 5 minutes to skiing, 40 mins to Tanglewood the Summer home of the Boston Symphony, Antiquing, legendary car racing at Lime Rock Park, great restaurants, minutes to the Housatonic and Farmington fly fishing areas, whitewater canoing, the BEST Fall leaves. minutes to Mohawk State Park and Ski area, minutes to White Memorial Nature preserve.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: The owners grew up in the Connecticut area, enjoy travel, skiing, watersports, and are currently living internationally, but expect to return to this property full time, someday. Frequent users of VRBO for vacation rentals.
Why the Owner Chose Goshen, CT, USA:
Knowing this lake well, when we became aware that this property was available we contracted for it even before being able to see it in person. It is the oldest of very few houses built on this lake.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This lake has only ten houses on it. The shoreline on the opposite side is unoccupied and is protected from development by a historic boy scout camp and woodlands. One of few places in the world that it gets dark enough to really enjoy the stars.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Craftsman American Bungalow style
Shoreline and screenhouse
Dock and Swim raft
Modern, spacious Kitchen
View from the deck
En-suite bath, queen bedroom 1, Roomy multi source travertine Shower
En Suite Bath to Queen bedroom 2, two sinks, large shower, separate WC
Twin Bedroom, Lakeview
Sunfish (included), swim float and lakefront.
View of house, swim raft, dock and screenhouse from lake
Shoreline right side
Seen from the lake, garage in right background.
Granite countertops with plenty of cooking and serving space
Queen bedroom 1, lakeview with en Suite
Queen Bedroom 2, country view with en-suite bath
Full Bedroom, lake view
Full Bathroom 3, shower/tub
Inviting comfortable living room.
Full moon rising over an unspoiled forest shoreline.
Kayaking in the inlet at the far end of lake
Shoreline and lake bottom
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 27, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM