Historical Villa (1920 a.D.) with Lemon and Palm Tree-Garden Overlooking the Sea(3 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Villa for max 13 persons. It can be rented in small2/ 5p) or large (7/9p) units.
The apartments are all equipped with Air-Conditioning (in every bedroom), WIFI and cable TV. You can have lunch and dinner in the garden on a big table sitting 10-12 people. In the evening the incredibile scent and colours of jasmine, bougainvilles and plumbago surrounds you and transforms this in a real magical place. On request is possible to organise, at extra cost, daily cleaning/ cooking service.
The Villa can be rented in different solutions, and the prices vary in the different Seasons. High season starts in May. You can rent either part of it, or the whole Villa.You can rent:
(1) the SMALL FLAT (ground floor): sleeping 5 persons; 1 double bedroom and 3 sofabeds in the livingroom, 1 bathroom (shower) and kitchen. Price range € 1000-1600 / week
(2) the LARGE FLAT (1st and 2nd floor): sleeping 7 persons; 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, price range €2500-3000/week .
To this can be added another fascinating bed- and bathroom which is in the garden like a dependance (the old cistern) and sleeps 2 persons. This fascinating room in the rocks costs 800 € per week.
(3) the ENTIRE VILLA , sleeping 14 persons, price range €4500-5000 /week.
Many interesting places can be the goal of your adventurous trips around Capri, like the ancient Roman Villa of Emperor Tiberio, the light house of Anacapri, the Migliara walk , or the mythical sweem of “I faraglioni” or at Marina Piccola of the rock of Mermaid (Le Sirene). You can also hire a boat and organize wonderful day-trips around the Island stopping in every corner of the coast to swim in the crystal like water, or at the Famous Grotta Azzurra (Blue Grotto), at the Grotta Bianca (White Grotto) or at the Grotta Verde. Also the little Grotta Champagne is tiny but extraordinary.
To arrive to our Villa, you need to take the bus or a taxi from the harbour (“Marina Grande”) direction Capri center. If you take the bus, get off at “Due Golfi” and walk 4 minutes to our home. If you want, at the exit of the boat there is a luggage service which can deliver your suitcases directly at the Villa in one hour. Also the supermarket at “Due Golfi” delivers all the shopping at home.
Member since: 2014
- 240 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoking Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 7-14
- #2.-master bedroom on the top floor with access on terrace with amazing view ont see of Marina Piccola , Monte Solaro, and Naples Gulf . A small SAFE with key is provided. En-suite bathroom with standing shower , WC, Bidet. Wardrobe #3- same terrace as the master bedroom and his own bath tub, WC, Bidet. but not en-suite #1- double-bedroom 1 floor with ensuite SHOWER bath WC BIDET #4- double bed + en suite large bathroom with shower and WC/bidet call DEPANDENCE IN THE GARDEN AT THE LEVEL OF THE 2 FLOOR, usualy rented in association of the LARGE UNIT with air.Co. #5- double bedroom on the Ground Floor SMALL UNIT to be rented separated or joined to LARGE Unit. the passage from different floor is outside through the garden ...moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- main attraction is the amazing view of the villa surrounded from the vast garden, and the direct path to Via Mulo for descending to the famous stone beach of Marina Piccola, Torre Saracena stone beach, and Via Krupp amazing pathway to Capri August Garden and point view. The Faraglioni famous rock, are visible not from the RED HOUSE but from the beaches. other places can be the goal of your adventurous trip to Capri, like walk to the light house of Anacapri, or doing la Migliara walk , asgoing to the mythical sweem of I faraglioni: da Luigi or alle Fontelline can be choose ones you arrive to I Faraglioni. Both are fantastic restaurant , as the same DA GIOIA to Marina PICCOLA . coming back you can walk or take a taxi boat that bring you back to Marina Piccola from were you take a Taxi, Bus or come back home by steps (it take just 15' coming back, and 10' going down). Piazzetta is 5' walk were you can take a drink on the 4 bars surrounding the Square. is a show-off and meeting point........moreless
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Seating for 12 people
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $63 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until confirmation is arrived. The RED HOUSE is an independent villa on his vast step garden with scenic view, Can be rented as a LARGE UNIT(1 and 2 floor) or SMALL UNIT on the Ground floor.
So prices are taylor made on request , depending the number of people.For longer period different price.
Ask the owner for any inquiry. Cold season heating at extra cost by meter readingand hot season Air Co. at extra cost . price of electricity is €0.70/Kwh
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1935
About the owner: I got this property from 50 years. This historic House is a dependance of the large Villa built by NORMAN DOUGLAS pioneer of Tourism in Capri during the 1920. Soon after he built it, he was called back in the UK by his family because of the industrial crisis and the bankruptancy of the Foster family. After several refurbishments, the RED HOUSE got enlarged and the garden became mature. So I keep on spending money on this jewel. My passion!
Why the Owner Chose Capri:
It is a UNIQUE and HISTORIC site since the beginning of the tourism in the island of Capri in the 1920. Great location and beautifull view and large mature garden.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Stunning View, vast Mediterranean mature garden , central but also away from the crowds. Close to Marina Piccola Beach, characteristic in style and beauty. The typical Pompeian red on the walls alternated to the white columns, the Patio and the Pergolato has always characterized this Classic house, that's why it is called RED HOUSE. Come to enjoy and relax in this magical historial site!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
red house positioned at the same hight of PIAZZETTA 7'walk see the SOLAROmounta
view from the garden
entratypical neapolitan architecture view of the RED HOUSE from the entrance gat
amazing view of 2 floor bedrooms of LARGE UNIT
same photo but different time noon or after precicely
from TV studio to dining room and last door going to kitchen
bathroom #3 complete with WC,tub, shower and bidet belonging to twins triple BR
in-door dining room, table can be enlarged /12 people, the outdoor is the patio
#2 Master bedroom LARGE Un. of, 2 floor share terrace with #3 amazing view M P.
#4 depandance on the garden double bed with en suite bath showercarved on rocks
pergola dining table for 8, an other table bigger is facing on internal dining r
living of small flat with double sofabed and pouff pull out bed. night curtains
amazing garden and position of the RED HOUSE
amazing view from top terrace master bedroom:the private garden and see Marina P
1 floor with his Patio with marble dining table for the summer
view of villa from ground floor were is the small unit
extension of living roomwith view on Marina Piccola see-side
dining room from the kitchen looking in the TV-studio
#1-double bedroom 1 floor close to the dining room and kitchen
#3 Bedroom on 2 floor LARGE UNIT twins bed on triple bedroom,terrace, view M Pic
#4 depandance doble bed carved in rock
en suite bath carved on rock of the #4 depandence in the garden
double bedroom #5 on small flat ground floor with Air C. on the terrace and gard
dining area of small flat on ground floor on the rigt the small kitchen.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.