|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This Villa Catalina Townhome is located on a hill with fabulous ocean and sunset views. The shared infinity swimming pool is located on the upper terrace and has incredible breath-taking ocean vistas and sunsets and views of Flamingo and the Catalina Islands. The location is great not only for views, but also for fabulous easily accessible beaches within walking distance. Playa Prieta, a secluded beach, and Playa Potrero are just a short walk from the property. Playa Penca, which can be seen from the balconies, another popular beach, is in walking distance. Sugar Beach and Playa Danta are a short drive away. Flamingo Beach is a prime location for those wishing to enjoy diving, deep-sea fishing, surfing, etc.
This gated development with full-time security is small enough to feel private. There are many restaurants with a variety of cuisine to suit your palate local conveniently located within driving distance.
Grocery stores and mini markets are located within walking distance from the property. Supermarkets are located within driving distance, the closet one is about 5 minutes drive from the property.
The title says it all, but I'll add a few other things.
1) The 3 min walk to the beach is lovely after you get down a steep paved hill to the main road. From there, it is a more gently sloping dirt road to Playa Prieta which is visited by a few locals and howler monkeys (in the trees) during the week and more Ticos on weekends. You can walk to the north end of Playa Prieta around the rocky point and visit Sugar Beach as well. We had a couple drinks at the hotel restaurant one evening and really enjoyed the sunset view from their terrace. Playa Penca can also be accessed down the dirt road with a jog to the left/south through a nice, nature-filled dirt path. Either way, the walk back to the villa is all uphill and a struggle on hot/muggy afternoons. And the additional 100 steps up to the infinity pool to cool off after the walk are taxing, but well worth it in my opinion considering you get the most beautiful view overlooking the off-shore islands and beaches. On a side note, we almost always had the infinity pool to ourselves which was great for watching the sunset and stars later in the evening.
2) Jorge (property mgr) was very helpful and cheerful and the house was immaculate with wonderful breezy patios and high-end amenities/decorations, but the internet was iffy and often went on the fritz! Even when it was working the speed was slow (~1MB/sec per Speed Test app). For such a beautiful home with a well appointed kitchen (especially compared to the next property that we stayed at), I urge the owner to upgrade the internet service for future guests.
3) I'd also highly recommend Michael (Potrero taxi driver; Jorge can provide his number) for his local knowledge and great English speaking skills.
4) The maid came in the middle of our stay which was nice, did dishes, laundry, and other unrequested tasks, but seemed to stay forever and unexpectedly came back two days later as well... still not sure why ;-)
My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at this condominium for about 10 days in April. The location is perfect, with an amazing view of the ocean from the upstairs balconies - lovely seaside views also from the lower balconies but not as impressive. The condominium is equipped with modern and fairly new appliances and the air conditioning was more than adequate, even during what turned out to be a very, very hot April. The condo is in a fenced in compound with about 15 other condos, with well maintained grounds and gardens and reassuring security.
For the best view, go up to the lovely infinity swimming pool, which also has a jacuzzi and barbecue and shower & toilet facilites- the view from up here is breathtaking, especially as the sun sets over the Pacific ocean.
One of the prettiest nearby beaches (Prieta) is within walking distance - just 200 meters away from the property. There are other gorgeous, also within walking distance, but you would need about 15 minutes to get to them. These beaches are always clean and uncrowded with palm trees and howler monkeys close by - but bring your own drinks as these close by beaches do not have any vendors/shops.
Although there are quite a few well stocked shops in Potrero, you should definitely visit Tamarindo which has bigger department stores and grocery shops, with most everything available. Also, Tamarindo is a popular surfing destination, so there is a good energetic vibe to this town, which boasts quite a few good restaurants, bars and night clubs.
The owner (offsite) and onsite manager were very helpful and cooperative, providing information, recommendations and guidance, when needed. The condo was spotlessly clean when we arrived, but we wanted it cleaned midweek, and the owner arranged this without a problem.
I very much look forward to staying in this condo again, and recommend this condo/villa to all of you without any hesitation.
We were 1 of 3 couples that stayed in the condo for 8 days in early March. the condo was very nice, roomy and clean. we traveled with a couple who were in their mid 70's-it is not a condo for the elderly. you have to be in pretty good physical condition to even walk to the pool as there are several steps up to get there. by the pictures i saw before i booked, it appeared the pool was ground level, but its not. you pretty much have to have a car to get from the road to the condo itseslf, unless you are in goood physical coondition. the beaches that are within walking distance, are nice but bare. bring your own chairs (we didnt have any so we either cabbed it or rented a golf cart to get around to other beaches that had chairs) costa rica itself is beautiful, we will definitely go back. the manager, Jorge, was a highlight! very nice. i will give this a 4 star-cant give 5 as the condo just wasnt as convenient as i was hoping.
I was in this condo on early Easter 2015 with my family.
We were all very happy with the place. Location was great and it was much bigger than expected. The condo had all the appliances & furniture as described on the web, everything worked well. Both the owner and the manager were extremely helpful and available for any inquiry.
You can easily walk to the beautiful beach and if you have a car you can explore the coast close by driving to secluded beaches close by (e.g. Pietra, Sugar Beach, Danta).
We hope to be back!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 25 2016 - Dec 31 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Sales taxes are not applicable for long term rentals. Long term rates are negotiable with client paying for utilities directly. This property is located about 50 minutes south along the coast from the Liberia International Airport in Guanacaste region of Costa Rica that is known for its tourism.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.