|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Location, Location, Location-Frank Sinatra Style in Joshua Tree!
Classic 1960’s 2 Bedroom Bungalow on a very private large lot, incredible desert vistas and beautiful views of the colorful rock walls that surround Joshua Tree. The stylish house has been recently redecorated with two wonderful bedrooms, a fabulous living room with views of the front yard and a “groovy” wood burning fireplace.
There are two flat screen TV’s, one in the Living Room and the other in the Master Bedroom. You will have non stop entertainment while spending time in a private and serene environment.
The house is positioned on the lot with large open spaces in the front and back yards with incredible views toward the park. There are large open spaces to enjoy your time outside and watch the sunset and stars.
This unique house is extremely close to good dining and the town of Joshua Tree. It is also conveniently located off the road that enters into Joshua Tree Park Blvd and we are located 4 miles to Joshua Tree Park Entrance
It’s a fantastic spot to spend your time while visiting Joshua Tree
We love Rock Climbing and enjoying the nice weather, great sunsets and beautiful clear and starry nights!
Fantastic location, large private lot, great views, recently redecorated and close to the entrance to the park, close to restaurants, shopping and all amenitites!
- Contract: owner wanted me to sign a contract that said payment was due when I’d paid in full. Back and forth emails to get an appropriate contract.
- Arrived after dark, fortunately, with a flashlight. Motion sensors worked intermittently and did not work when we arrived. Very dark. Key box system worked.
- Tried to connect to internet - no obvious password instructions. Contacted emergency folks (because owners were out of the country). Looked at the instructions and emails for the password. Not there. Both contact people were really nice but didn’t know the password. I finally found it in the back of the Time Warner booklet and sent it to one of the emergency contact people who asked to have it for future reference.
- Bedrooms and beds were fine and heat from living room heater kept place warm as it was in the low 30s outside.
- Next morning, went to put on coffee and take a shower. No water in the house anywhere. Called the emergency people again. Again they were nice and contacted a handyman who came sometime later that day. We left to get coffee and see Joshua Tree - without a shower.
- Returned home, water was on and worked. Then tried to turn on TV. Didn’t work. Worked at it, called the nice emergency people who weren’t able to get it on. Called Time Warner, worked with a tech on the phone for an hour. Rebooted three times. No go. The nice contact people called the handyman again. He came and got it on. There were no instructions and the Time Warner people couldn’t get it on, the contact people couldn’t get it on and we couldn’t get it on. The handyman was handy that day - water and the TV.
- Last day we left the place spotless and took the garbage. When I wrote the owner to ask for the deposit she explained she’d do me a favor and not take the contract allowed 15 days but get it to me in a week.
Recommendation - There have to be easier places to stay.
When I checked previous reviews for this property they were all favorable but I was very disappointed. Some issues I had were just bad luck and not necessarily things that could have been avoided, but here’s my story. I arrived for a four night stay on a Thursday afternoon. Upon arrival I found the house to be extremely hot, as it was around 90 degrees outside. Not a big deal, but I couldn’t find an air-conditioner or get the swamp cooler to turn on. I called the owners who seemed very nice and they said they had a swamp cooler that wasn’t turned on yet for the season. If they knew I was checking in that day, why wasn’t it on? They said they would send someone out that evening to activate it. In the meantime, it wasn’t very comfortable sitting around in the heat waiting for the handyman. He eventually showed up within a couple hours and got it running.
They only have basic TV which is 15 or 20 channels with just local news and there aren’t any movie or cable channels for national or international news. They have no internet service and my cell phone (Sprint) didn’t work well, as the property seemed to be just over the hill from the cell towers. I had to drive to a local Starbucks which was about 6 miles away to use the internet. These may not be issues or concerns for some or most renters, but they definitely were for me as this was a business trip, not playtime.
The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was very nice and the home was very clean. After requiring a $100 cleaning fee they had said I had to remove all my trash from the property upon leaving, which was a first for me. It has been my experience that trash removal is part of the cleaning service. Living room furniture was very uncomfortable. Seemed more like doll house furniture. I’ll cut them some slack as I’m 6’5” and 250 lbs., but my business partner agreed it wasn’t comfortable for him either. Needless to say, we didn’t enjoy hanging out relaxing at the home. Water heater went out on the 3rd day of our stay (Sunday morning). Asked the owner if he’d refund us one of the four night’s rent for $110 per. They only offered and credited me back $50.
Even if I hadn’t had any bad luck with the mechanical issues, I feel the rental rate per night was overpriced for what you get. Of course, everyone’s expectations are different. Needless to say, I wouldn’t rent this unit again even if I knew everything was in working order.
My wife and are were incredibly surprised when we reached the house to see how private this property is and how wonderful the views are. It is on a huge lot with fantastic views of the Park and the city below. It is extremely easy to find and in the perfect location close to the park and town to get food, coffee, etc! The house is decorated very nicely with flat screen TV's and a great 60's style vibe. It has a cozy fireplace and again views, views, views.
Its a great value and we highly recommend it to anyone. The owners were very easy to work with and had a lot of information about things to do in the Park.
My wife and I recently stayed for two nights at this perfect little getaway. It was clean, comfortable, and had good views of the surrounding desert. The yard is home to Yuccas, Barrel, and other cacti that make it like a botanical garden. The easy to find location is ideal since shopping and restaurants are just a mile down the hill, and the National Park is , like, 5 minutes up the hill. As a couple, it was easily affordable, and we especially enjoyed watching movies on the wide screen TV while a windstorm raged outside. We had been thinking about
camping out and we were glad we didn't. The owners were especially helpful with information about the Park and where to go hiking and exploring. We would totally recommend this rental home to our family and friends.
We had a wonderful time. The house is so close to the entrance to the park that you can almost walk. Really fun decor. All mid century! Very quiet and private. We can't wait to go back. Owners were really easy to work with!
Joshua Tree National Park
Bouldering, National Park, Hiking, biking, sunsets.
Great Food. Lots Of Art. Meditation Center.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$100 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
|Pet Fee||$50 + Tax|
|On Line Payment Charges||$20 + Tax|
Check in is 4:00 PM
Check Out is 11:00 AM
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.