About the property
- House1100 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
2-3 Bedrooms, 1 Bath - Newly Remodeled by Downtown, Convention Center and Lake.
Newly remodeled with all new appliances and new furniture and beds. The house has been updated while keeping the warmth and charm of original features.
All the amenities you will need for a comfortable stay are provided.
- 2-3 bedrooms (the living room may be closed off to make a 3rd, private bedroom)
- Central AC and Heat - important in Texas!
- 2 Queen beds with memory foam mattresses
- Living room has couch which is large enough for sleeping
- High quality linens and towels provided
- 1 full bathroom with walk-in shower
- Large Kitchen with new appliances
- Coffee-maker and coffee is provided
- Free WiFi
- Television in living room and one bedroom
- Private, fenced backyard with patio
- Washer and Dryer
- No need to keep up with a key - you will have access to the house via a personalized code
- Off street parking in the driveway and free street parking
- Air Mattress available upon request
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 5, 2018
About Julie Alexander
We have lived in Austin for over 20 years. We love showing our visiting friends and family all that Austin has to offer. Our goal with the house was to protect a piece of Austin history, while providing a unique and comfortable place for visitors to call home in Austin.
Julie Alexander purchased this House in 2014
Why Julie Alexander chose East Downtown
We have lived in the neighborhood for more than 10 years, and we remodeled this house with the intention of preserving the house and its original elements, all while making it a comfortable and welcoming launching pad for exploring all that Austin and the nearby neighborhoods have to offer.
What makes this House unique
I love that with a 5-10 minute walk from this house you may be at the Convention Center, at the lake watching the birds, at the busy East 6th Street entertainment area eating at the food trucks or bar hopping, looking at art galleries, or on Rainey Street exploring new pubs.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beautiful house in a nice neighborhood. We were here for a work conference and this was a perfect fit for the three of us. The 2 beds and convertible couch were extremely comfortable and it was great being able to decompress at the end of the day by watching some Netflix movies on the provided television. We'll defiantly be back 😊�
Great location and perfect space!
Our group of 6 girls was able to share this house very well. We really appreciated the ability to walk to various restaurants and bars. The beds and accommodations were great, especially the snack mix! I wouldn't recommend this for groups larger than 6. Thank you!
Such a cute house with great accommodations!
Everything was very easy to access. There was plenty of room for 5 girls. House was great- very clean, spacious with a large kitchen. Comfortable beds. 10 minutes at most to town. Loved it!
great place, cosy house, huge garden
we had a great time in Julie's house.
Its a great way to explore Austin, 'living' in a great neighborhood, centrally located. just around the corner at Chavez street
The house has everything you need. Including a fridge with some 'welcome home' local beers. great!
we stayed with 3 persons; all beds were good.
thanks julie for your hospitality
Fantastic house, wonderful location, lovely owners
This property is the best VRBO I've ever stayed in - and my family and I have stayed in 10+ properties over the past five years. It's an older home which the owners have meticulously renovated to reflect everything I love about Austin - charm, a nod to historicism while also being very funky and modern and eclectic. It's a large place - large enough for my husband and I and our three young kids - in a great neighborhood which is close enough to downtown to walk (or take a quick pedicab which we did a couple of times). We did rent a car for the majority of our stay, but we also took the bus very easily - there's a stop just two blocks away. There are great restaurants everywhere, and you can jog down to the river in a matter of minutes (10?). The owners live next door, and they are entirely friendly and charming. They let us borrow a stroller, and our children went over to their house to play a couple of times. Very, very nice people. I highly, highly recommend this lovely home.
Had a wonderful time last weekend for my bachelorette weekend with friends. The backyard is great for chilling and playing games. There are tons of bars and restaurants in walking distance. We greatly appreciated Julie's recommendations. The house was in great condition. The beds were all very comfortable.We had a question about the backlights switch and Julie quickly responded. We will definitely be back. Cheers!!
The house is located just east of downtown Austin. Walk to downtown, Convention Center, East 6th Street, Rainey Street, Ladybird Lake, and countless bars, restaurants, shops and boutiques.
- Ladybird Lake offers stand up paddle boarding, kayaks, canoes and boat tours.
- Food hot spots abound nearby - Franklin BBQ (voted best BBQ in the US), Qui (Paul Qui, winner of Top Chef), Buffalina Pizza, Juan in a Million, Centoe (coffee, food, beer and wine), Tamale House East, Buenos Aires Cafe, Takoba and countless more on Cesar Chavez, Rainey and E 6th.
- Check out Rainey Street for a street full of new bars and restaurant. You may easily walk here from the house.
- East 6th Street has food trucks, bars, restaurants and live music. Head up Comal for an easy walk to this hot spot.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
2 night minimum stay. No smoking in the house, and smoking outside the house only with windows and doors closed. No drugs. No events, parties, live music, or gatherings of more than 8 people without the prior written consent of the owner.