Located in the Village of East Ferry. Only minutes away from where the Phenomenal Bay of Fundy tides meet Saint Mary's Bay creating some AMAZING tidal action. This relaxing vacation home is in a 8-10 year old, 2 bedroom split level executive home with everything you need to enjoy your stay.
Things to do in the area:
- AMAZING WHALE WATCHING - The waters at the mouth of the Bay of Fundy from the ledges off Brier Island right up the Digby Neck are important feeding areas for many species of cetaceans (whales, dolphins, porpoises), seals and a wide variety of seabirds.
- AMAZING HIKING TRAILS - experience the rugged fundy coast and marine life hiking the trails on Long Island and Brier Island.
- AMAZING NATURAL BEACHES - You can find some quite, natural beaches along the Digby Neck for romantic walks, sunbathing, or even a 'cool' dip.
- AMAZING BIRD WATCHING - the area is reknowned for it's great bird watching and you will surely enjoy the variety whether you are an avid or casual birder.
- swimming and/or fishing at Lake Midway 10 minutes away (fishing rods supplied but you need to get your own worms)
- Golf - 40 Minutes away in Digby
- Eating Seafood
*** we get lots of inquiries from families and you are welcome, but please note, this is NOT a great swim in the ocean area *** (many families visit, but many are looking for that).
Day trip ideas:
Upper Clements Theme Park - Fun for the whole family
Kejimkujik National Park - Conoes, Kayaks and mountain bikes can be rented here and great hiking trails too.
Drive along the Acadian Shore and experience the hospitality of the descendants of the first settlers in Nova Scotia (early 1600's)
Visit the historic town of Annapolis Royal and Fort Anne
Just to name a few...
additional photos available if you email through the Ocean explorations.
Whale Watching info centre/ticket kiosk maybe acitve at side of property. Unfinished basement is not used by guests. Please note that the landscaping is still to be completed, though there is a patio or lawns for a barbeque and relaxing. Please contact us if you have any questions at all.
Tom & Penny
Waterfront: Minutes from the Bay of Fundy and Saint Mary's Bay
Heating: wood stove in Living room and oil furnace
Children allowed: Yes. Minutes from the Bay of Fundy and Saint Mary's Bay
Smoking: No. outside only please!
Pets allowed: Yes. Extra Fee may be required, please discuss at time of booking
Fully furnished, fully equipped kitchen including fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven - just bring your food. Indoor and outdoor games, small library, washer, dryer, clothesline and pegs. We provide fresh linens, light housekeeping once a week for stays longer than a week (upon request). Queen size bed in master bedroom, double size bed in 2nd bedroom and queen size sofa bed in livingroom. Large bathroom with 2 person soaker tub and separate shower. *** please note *** the shower may not be the one in photo (any longer, if I don't get that photos removed this edit). Note, jets in tubs may not be functional.
In order to keep costs down, we discontinued satellite TV and landline. We are prepared to offer a cell phone, if you don't have one (for safety) and we are 'negotiable' on satellite tv (surcharge) if there is enough demand (in advance) each summer.