New Log Cabin on Two Picturesque Trout Streams(34 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-5 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
5 bedroom, 3 bathroom custom cabin with rustic elegance
Cabin and adjacent guest house combined have four bedrooms, three full bathrooms and a sleeping loft. Twelve beds accommodate larger groups. Full kitchen (cooktop, oven, microwave, dishwasher, custom cabinetry, soapstone countertop), jetted tub, glass-block shower, laundry chute, central heating and air conditioning, wood stove, covered front porch and covered rear deck overlooking Little Sugar Creek, balcony off master bedroom, front-loading washer and dryer. Gorgeous wood finishes inside and out, with antique doors and windows throughout, antique heart pine flooring, hardwood and cedar paneling, and log spiral staircase. Furnished with Select Comfort Sleep Number and natural latex beds, hypo-allergenic bedding, and custom Amish furniture. Fire pit and infrared gas grill on grounds.
Many nearby recreational amenities, including beach, boat launch, picnic areas and trails at Two Mile Run Park (7-minute drive); Oil Creek and Cook Forest State Parks, Drake Well Museum, tourist railroad, Allegheny River bike trail system, and much more. For hunters, state game lands within two miles.
Perfect for families, hunters, and fishermen. Enjoy a get-away in beauty and comfort amid the scenic hills, forests, lakes and streams of northwestern Pennsylvania!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 1250 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15, Beds for 15
- Amish-built reclaimed-barnwood beds provide a perfect accent for cathedral ceilings, select hardwood paneled interior walls, cedar log exterior walls, and wide-plank cedar flooring. Five-panel doors were reclaimed from early-20th century home in Pittsburgh. Mullioned windows were reclaimed from the property's original cabin. Each bed features hotel-grade hypo-allergenic bedding, including natural latex pillows, luxurious comforters, and crisp percale sheets....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Stove:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 30 - Sep 4, 2017
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
PLEASE NOTE the following:
1. The new "service fee" (instituted early 2016) is not charged by the property owner and none of it goes to the property owner.
2. Three-night minimum for holiday weekends, trout season opening weekend, deer hunting season. Saturday to Saturday stays are required for July and August.
3. Refer to my rental agreement for my cancellation policy. The policy stated below under "Cancellation Policy" is NOT my policy, but the "no refund" option was selected from a limited menu of choices VRBO provides (all of which are more strict than my actual policy) in order to prevent automatic actions by VRBO that are not in keeping with my policy. According to my rental agreement, only the reservation deposit ($200) is not refunded, regardless of when a reservation is cancelled, and I will refund even that if I can re-book the dates.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cabin is situated on two acres, adjacent to two picturesque, stocked trout streams among rolling, wooded hills. Adjacent on one side is a hillside gentleman's farm and on the other a large tract of forested land.
Many nearby recreational amenities, including beach, boat launch, picnic areas and trails at Two Mile Run Park (7-minute drive); Oil Creek and Cook Forest State Parks, Drake Well Museum, tourist railroad, Allegheny River bike trail system, and much more. State game lands within two miles.
Perfect for families, couples, fishermen, hunters and skiers. Enjoy a get-away in beauty and comfort amid the scenic hills, forests, lakes and streams of northwestern Pennsylvania!
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: I am an educational program development consultant and my wife edits our community newspaper. We live with our three children near Washington, D.C.
Why the Owner Chose Titusville, PA, USA:
The Trouthouse is our vacation home, which we are pleased to share with you when we are not staying there. I designed the cabin and guest house to be our dream get-away, and hope that it will be yours, as well.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Today it is almost impossible to find a modern vacation home right on top of a stream bank, due to flood regulations. We were able to build our new cabin on piers on the site of an older cabin that was razed. As a result, you can dine on the back deck overlooking the stream as well as fall asleep at night listening to its music.
- Primary: +1 3016334439
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Snowball tree next to 1930 garage (last original structure on the property)
Built-in seating on covered back deck, overlooking the creek
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, February 17, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.