The Outdoors Are Calling So Stay at the Acorn Cottage!(41 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 6
The gated community has a playground, lake for non-motorized boats and a pool that is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we no longer provide the following in order to help keeps costs down due to loss: You must provide your own linens, blankets, pillows, tea towels and towels. Please note the bed sizes in the description.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 785 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Once full payment is made and approximately two weeks from your stay, You will receive and email from VRBO/Homeaway which will give you access to the directions on how to access the keys, directions, information for security, recommendations of things to see from other renters and a list of beds, sizes, etc. Please note: By agreeing to rent, you acknowledge that you understand that you need to provide your own linens, sheets, pillows, blankets, and tea towels. You also acknowledge that you will dispose of trash properly at the dumpster at the end of the road, you will clean the cabin before you leave utilizing the check-off list on the refrigerator, you will notify the owner if something breaks to work out replacement, and you will NOT shut off the pilot light on the gas fireplace. Please understand, we welcome you as our guest and want you to enjoy our family cabin, but by agreeing to rent, you also agree to do your part. Thanks for considering staying at the Acorn Cottage....moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 - Apr 2, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 3 - Sep 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Oct 1 - Apr 2, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $75
- Tax Rate 11%
By submitting your payment you agree to the attached rental agreement. Print or Request a copy by emailing owner. Damage/cleaning fee is returned upon verification cabin is clean and nothing is missing or broken. There is no "maid service". As part of the rental, you are expected to clean before you leave - this is how we keep our rental costs low. Cleaning supplies and a vacuum are provided. This includes disposing of your trash in the dumpster at the end of the road. There will be a walk through after you leave. Please note: You need to provide your own linens, towels, tea towels, blankets and pillows.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
This area is known for white water rafting. There are dam releases most weekends. Jim Thorpe is a nearby town with tourist attractions. Lehigh Gorge State Park and Hickory Run State Park are very close with sight seeing, 4-wheeling, hiking, canoeing, fishing, swimming and more. The closest ski resort is Jack Frost. Pocono Downs is a racino along with Mount Airy Resort Casino. Camelback is a 30 minute drive for both winter and summer activities.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We reside in southeastern PA and use our cabin as a family get away. This is a family treasure that we want to share. When we decided to rent the cabin out we wanted to provide others with a get away that isn't going to break their bank and to help cover our costs.
Why the Owner Chose White Haven, PA, USA:
We purchased this property in 2005 and put a lot of heart into it. It has been completely gutted and renovated. Please be respectful of the property and the surrounding nature.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We are close to many attractions and are an escape from the hustle and bustle of life. Come visit to reconnect with nature and to get a much needed rest.
- Primary: 7172906044
This is the main entrance.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.