NOTE: From Nov 19, 2016 until Dec 31, 2017, I am only taking monthly reservations with a minimum stay of 3 months, by month by month lease agreement. The sunrise and sunset views to the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains is simply beautiful from this ridge top retreat. This house is only a 5 minute walk to Highlands Brewery. The house is shaded by large Oaks and the back yard is bordered by hardwood forest and a beautiful duck pond beyond. This home has country charm but is convenient to everything in Asheville. The yard is a bird watching paradise and is professionally landscaped. We provide a brochure with listings of world class restaurants, the art gallery scene, sporting events, night life, local breweries, many events and attractions all within minutes of your home away. This home is well furnished and has ample room for 4 couples or a party of 10 including children. The neighborhood is safe and quiet and is located on a no-outlet street. There is off-street driveway parking for 4 or more cars or a large RV (50 ft). There are 3 HD-TV’s with cable hookup and free Wi-Fi, stereo, VCR, CD. The book shelves are fully stocked with books and some magazines for your reading pleasure. We are certain you will feel right at home in this comfortable and convenient cabin nestled in the Appalachian Mountains.
The owners are experienced apartment owners and property managers and are available with maintenance needs at a moment’s notice. This home has been recently remodeled with tender loving care and is now our second home. This cabin is within 5-minutes walking distance to the Highland Brewery, NC Nature Center and Asheville’s Azalea Park's picnic shelters, swimming pool; volley ball courts, basketball courts, soccer field complex, hiking trails, and the trout stocked Swannanoa River. Watch your child compete in a soccer game and walk home to a great meal and a great evening afterwards. The Highland Brewery hosts the local “Brewery Bus Tour” and has many musical events. The cabin is located in East Asheville and is located near two major cross roads making it convenient to many other local attractions just minutes away.
This home is recommended for: Age 55+with Grandchildren, anyone with a physical disability, honeymoon or a romantic getaway, adventure seekers, outdoor enthusiasts, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers, group couples party with all adults. Great for businessmen on temporary duty in the area, loved ones visiting patients at the Veterans or St. Joseph’s hospital, or Grandparents/parents attending soccer events at Azalea Park.
Reservations: We prefer to make reservations at minimal of two weeks in advance of daily or weekly reservations, and more than one month advance for monthly reservations.
WANT TO COME IN TOMORROW, and the CALENDAR SHOWS NO LISTINGS ... CALL US!
We do not sit in front of our computer 24/7/365
We do not operate this business like a hotel
We have a house, family, family obligations/work obligations besides this vacation rental so please respect that I operate this business during respectable daytime hours.
Special House and Yard Features
• Authentic log home with hardwood floors throughout, heart pine walls, and hardwood logs. The house is well situated on a ridge top with awesome sunrise and sunset views to Blue Ridge Mountains as depicted in photos.
• Oak tree shaded front yard and ridge top provides almost continual cool summer breezes
• Off Street parking for 4 or more vehicles. Driveway is large enough to park up to a 50 foot RV. On street parking available with an overnight parking area just down the street.
• Large 400 square foot deck with bench seating and gorgeous panoramic views.
• Professionally landscaped yard is a bird watchers paradise
• No pets allowed as yard is not fenced in.
• The garage is not for rent as the owner keep maintenance equipment within it to upkeep the property
• There is a tear drop camper available for extra child or adult sleeping room that can be placed in the yard if ample notice is given. The camper has a full size inflatable and I must say comfortable mattress with electrical hookup for entertainment.
Handicap Accessible Amenities
• This home is entirely on one floor and has an accessible ramp at the front door
• Central bathroom has grab bars for toilet with plenty of extra medicine cabinet space
• Central bath has tub with handicap seat, and tiled shower with grab bars
• Master Bath has walk-in jet message heated tub
• Kitchen was designed for the handicapped with pull-out pan drawers for easy access
Kitchen & Dining Amenities
• Dining: Indoor dining room and outdoor on deck with convenient access to kitchen
• Dining Area Seats: 8
• Refrigerator with ice maker
• Single and multi-cup coffee makers
• Gas Counter Top Stove
• Conventional and convection Oven
• Toaster and toaster oven
• Blender for making smoothies
• Dishes, glass, cups & Utensils
• Cooking Utensils including all pots, pans, wok
• Since and multi-cup Coffee Maker
• Luxurious dinner ware from our China Cabinet for that special dinner occasion.
Bedding and Laundry Amenities
• Master has queen sleigh bed with memory foam mattress. Two guest bedrooms each have single to queen trundle beds with memory foam mattresses
• High Capacity Steam Clothes Washer and Clothes Dryer: Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener provided.
• One of the extra bedrooms was the owner’s art studio and has large open windows on three walls to view the colorful surrounding landscape.
• Upon request, a tear drop camper can be provided in the yard for additional kid approved sleeping accommodations on a double wide air mattress within the camper. Great Spring-Fall camping in the yard. However, the teardrop camper is not to be moved from the yard.
• The garage on the property is not included in the rental, as the garage is used for maintenance equipment storage by the owners.
• deck room has double futon and living room has comfortable sofa
• Each bedroom has adequate hanging closet space
• Each bedroom has more than one dresser
• Ironing Board and steam Iron is provided
• Bed Linens for all beds is provided
• Clean Towels are provided
• Hair dryer is provided
• Extra linens, blankets, pillows provided
• Fireplace with firewood stove insert, firewood is provided
• Central heat and air conditioning
• Ceiling fans in almost every room
• Three Hi Def Televisions with Cable Hookup
• Free WiFi, CD, Stereo, VCR
• Living room has recliner and two additional easy chairs with excellent lighting
• Exercise bicycle is provided
• Gas Grill on deck
• Stone Grill large enough to grill half a pig if so inclined. Can be used as outdoor fireplace
• Deck dining table with umbrella seats 4, wit
• Deck has bench and easy chair seating for 10 or more guests
• Professionally landscaped yard
• Incredible sunset and sunrise views from the house and deck to the surrounding mountains
• Shaded Front Yard and Sunny back yard, with cool breezes along this ridge top in summer
• Easy access in Winter as street is one of the first plowed to insure access to the Nature Center
• Numerous books for your entertainment
A list of area activities and there proximity to the house if provided following:
• Hiking: Azalea Nature Park and along Blue Ridge Parkway within walking distance
• Picnicking/Group Picnic Shelter: Walking Distance to Azalea Park
• Swimming: Asheville community pool is walking distance
• Rafting/Kayaking: Many local streams, area vendors provided
• Wildlife Viewing: North Carolina Nature Center is within walking distance
• Horseback Riding: List of area farms provided
• Basketball Court: Azalea park basketball courts are within walking distance
• Soccer: Azalea park soccer fields are Asheville’s most popular and are within walking distance
• Volley Ball: Azalea park is within walking distance
• Golf: Asheville community course is within walking distance
• Road bicycling: Azalea Road and Blue Ridge Parkway are the areas most popular and are within bicycling distance
• Shopping: Asheville Mall, Downtown and the Commercial District are all less than 10 minute drive
• Downtown Asheville: Less than 10 minutes
• Local Breweries: The Highlands Brewery, Voted best in Asheville several times is walking distance away. Highlands Brewery is host to the local Brews Cruise tours the only vendor of this type available.
• Art Galleries: Many are within 5 to 10 minute drive
• Mountain bicycling: Area trails are within cycling distance. Biltmore Estate or the Bent Creek Trails are within 10 minutes.
• Winery Tours: Biltmore Estate is within a 10 minute drive
• Arboretum/Botanical Garden: Asheville Arboretum or Biltmore Estate gardens are within a 10 minute drive
• Playground: Azalea park has two playgrounds and both are within walking distance
• Gambling Casino: The Cherokee Casino is with a 1-hour drive
• Blue Ridge Parkway: Less than 5 minute drive to Parkway headquarters and visitor center
• Hot Air Ballooning: Two locations in Asheville
• Fishing/Fly Fishing: The trout stalked Swannanoa River, or the Azalea park fishing pond is within walking distance. A list of local lakes and fishing streams is provided.
• Live Theater: Asheville Community Theater and other area information provided
• Restaurants: A complete listing with contact information of local and world class Asheville Restaurants is provided. Many are within a 5 minute drive
• Museums: Asheville Art Museum is downtown
• Antiquing: Several very large warehouse establishments are within a 5-minute drive along Swannanoa River Drive
• Sledding/skiing: Wolf Creek and Maggie Valley ski areas are within 30 minute drive
• Cinemas: Two are within 5 minute drive
• Sight Seeing: The Blue Ridge Parkway visitor center is within 5 minute drive
Brewery tours are available at the Highland Brewery, within walking distance of the