Beautiful Private House Situated on One of Africa's Most Beautiful Beaches,(4 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms + 1 seperate toilet downstairs. Can sleep 8.
The house was built in late 2004 and has been furnished with Swahili furniture from Lamu and Zanzibar. It is set in lush tropical gardens with green lawns and palms trees. The property is fully walled and very secure with its own private gate opening directly onto one of the most beautiful beaches in Africa. Downstairs there's a large dining room where 10 people can eat in comfort. A large, airy lounge opens onto the veranda - - ideal for relaxing during the heat of the day.
Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms with shower and toilets. The top terrace has a Lamu bed and deck chairs, ideal for reading or simply admiring the incredible view of the ocean.
Things to do: •Water sports: H2O Extreme offers; kite surfing (by an IKO certified kite instructor), Windsurfing (lessons and rentals), Kayaks, Boogie Boards and Skim boards.
•Golf: 18 hole golf course situated at Leisure Lodge (a 15 minute car ride from the house). Its open to non guests for $30 per day, and clubs and caddies can be hired for $20 for 18 holes.
•Deep sea Fishing: Pemba Channel is famous for deep-sea fishing, and holds 70% of the country’s marlin fishing records. Boats cost $450 for 9 hours (valid for up to 4 fishermen)
•Snorkeling: The reef in front of the house is ideal for snorkel ling.
•Camel rides: Are available on the beach in front of the house for about $5 an hour
•Colobus Trust: Guided walks to see the Colobus monkeys in their natural habitat. (5 minute car drive from the house).
Entertainment: ·Restaurants: You can find several good restaurants along the beach, including Italian, Seafood, Indian, African and Chinese restaurants.
·Forty Thieves Beach Bar: The best beach bar, open till the last guest leaves. Fantastic view. Nomads and Leopard Beach hotel also have a nice Beach bar atmosphere in the evenings.
·Casino: Leisure Lodge hotel has a small Casino if you feel lucky.
Weather: Hot and humid year round. The cooler months are June – August, and the warmer months are between December and March. Maximum Temperatures vary between 36 – 28 centigrade between summer and winter. In the evening in winter the temperature does not usually drop below 20. The sea temperature varies between 29 – 24 between summer and winter. The rainy season is usually around the month of May and November.
Member since: 2006
- 2 story
- 240 m²
- Max. occupancy 8
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms with shower and toilets, plus an extra toilet downstairs. 2 bedrooms have a double bed + in suite bathrooms. 2 bedrooms have two single beds. All beds have mosquito nets and every window of the house has mosquito netting. Hot water is through a solar system. There is no air conditioning, but there are fans in every room, and being so close to the beach there is usually a constant sea breeze in the evening...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- This is the perfect place to go on holiday with your family or with a group of friends. With a full time cook and maid, you get the same service as in a hotel but you decide the pace and timetable. You will wake up to a prepared breakfast of tropical fruits, eggs, coffee/tea, etc, and while you are eating your mango watching the fishermen coming back from sea, the maid is cleaning the rooms/bathrooms and making the beds. You then decide the menu for the day (fish, crab, shrimp, lobster, etc) and the cook will buy the catch of the day on the beach in front of the house, and at €1.20 the kilo of fresh fish or €6 the kilo of shrimp, you are in for a good diet of seafood. The rest of the day can then be spend laying around on the beach or on the terrace, swimming, jogging or taking part in some water sport activities such as Diving, Deep sea fishing, Kite surfing, Windsurfing. Please be aware that the house is situated on a plot that has 3 very friendly (and child friendly) dogs....moreless
- Away From It All
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Porch / Veranda
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 15 - Apr 30, 2017
4 night min stay
May 1 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 1 - Dec 15, 2017
4 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 7, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
Rates are all inclusive. No extra charge.
Rates are inclusive of House Maid and Cook.
The house is self-catering (no drinks or food included in the rate)
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Galu Kinondo beach is located on Kenya’s South coast, just after Diani beach. Perfect empty white and natural tropical beaches, palm trees and coral reefs are what Galu is known for. This 10km stretch of beach has often been described as the most beautiful beach in Africa.
Only 50 minutes from Moi International airport, Mombasa, which offers daily flights to Europe and with only a 1 to 2 hour time difference with Western Europe, this place is a perfect paradise escape all year.
Apart from great beaches with warm temperatures all year (sea temperature vary between 30 & 24 degrees centigrade between summer and winter), Kenya is unique as it also offers incredible safari’s only a 3 hour car drive from the Indian Ocean, which allows you to personalize your vacation to your taste (adventurous to totally laid back).
When you awake to the noise of monkeys jumping in the trees, you really feel like you have hit the end of the world on Galu beach.
Other Activities: Kite Surfing
Year Purchased: 2006
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This property is a private holiday home for the family, so it has a personal feel to it. It is our little paradise, as its location and situation is ideal for realxing vacations.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from interior
Terrace swahili door
Aerial view of the plot
more beach images
View of the house from the beach
Interior... reading room
Dining room / Living room
Front of the house
Beach outside gate
North view from terrace
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.