|Space||2,800 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
BOOK JUNE 22-25 FOR ONLY $325/NIGHT!
Check-in is at 5PM.
Check-out is at 11AM.
Please contact us if you'd like an earlier/later time. We are relatively flexible.
- The CLOSEST vacation home to Universal Studios--only a 15-minute walk!
- A private 3-bed, 2-bath oasis w/ heatable pool, hot tub, kitchen, garage, driveway
- 15-minute walk to Metro station
- 10-minute drive to Warner Bros. and Disney Studios, Studio City's Ventura Boulevard shopping district
- One Metro stop to Heart of Hollywood at Hollywood/Highland (Dolby & Mann's Chinese Theaters, Walk of Fame, Jimmy Kimmel)
- Heatable pool and hot tub underneath jungle foliage
- Charcoal grill on pool deck, with lighter fluid provided
- 2-car, remote-controlled garage and 1-car driveway
- 3 flatscreen televisions, all with DirecTV (no DVR)
- DVD players in living room and master bedroom
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Bose Soundtouch wireless speaker system
- Romantic loft master bedroom with gas fireplace and memory foam-topped king bed
- Luxurious master bathroom with full bathtub, dark grey marble flooring and shower, walk-in closet
- Queen memory foam bed and pillows in second bedroom
- Memory foam couch and chaise sleeps 1-2
- Cushioned seat and ottoman sleeps 1
- Pack 'n play/playard, car seat, and two high chairs
- Lounge area with gas fireplace, workspace, board games
- Fully equipped kitchen for complete food preparation
- White vintage 6-burner stove, oven, and broiler with vent
- Dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, teapot
- Refrigerator and freezer with ice maker and water filter
- Extra linens, pillows, and beach towels
- Ample shelving and closet space in all bedrooms
- Thermostat for both heating and A/C
- Washer and dryer with detergent provided
- Library of travel, cooking, science fiction, and children's books
- Stone's throw from Weddington Park with running track and baseball diamonds
- 5-minute drive to supermarkets, pharmacy, Starbucks, restaurants, Toluca Lake's Riverside Drive shopping district, junction of 101, 134, and 170 Freeways
- 15-minute drive to Burbank Bob Hope International Airport
- Cleaning supplies, paper towels, and trash bags
- Iron, ironing board, hangers, and cleared closets
- Hair dryer, hand soap, air freshener, and toilet paper
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire extinguisher and first aid kit
- Street parking available nights and weekends
- Weekly gardener and pool service
- Property managers exclusively assigned to this house
- Secluded neighborhood, yet close to everything
My property managers Jason and Amie will greet you upon check-in to grant you access, give you keys and a garage door opener, and provide you with an in-depth tour of the house.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
My property managers Jason and Amie live 5 miles away in Hollywood. They can be reached via text or phone, and can come to the property with 30 minutes notice to attend to any urgent matters.
My company has offices in nearby Sherman Oaks, and my assistants are also available to attend to urgent matters. I live in Europe, and can be reached via phone or email.
In the early 60s, the Los Angeles River, which provides the north border of the neighborhood, flooded. For weeks, residents could only access their homes by boat, bringing about the neighborhood's name: The Island.
Though a risk of the river flooding no longer exists, The Island maintains a secluded, private feel for its residents. While a convenient 15-minute walk to Universal Studios and the Universal City Metro Station, and a short drive to the junction of the 101, 134, and 170 freeways, The Island is made secluded by the river bordering it to the north and the ample-sized South Weddington Park to the south and west.
Many of our neighbors are in the entertainment industry, and enjoy The Island for both its tranquil atmosphere and convenience to all LA has to offer.
The Universal City/Studio City Red Line Metro station is a 15-minute walk from the house.
The Metro station is one stop from the Heart of Hollywood at Hollywood/Highland, home to the Dolby Theater, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, El Capitan Theater, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and much more.
The Metro station also provides a gateway to Downtown L.A. (Staples Center), Santa Monica (Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach), Wilshire Boulevard, LAX, and much more.
The house is less than 5 minutes driving from the junction of the 101, 134, and 170 freeways.
The house is a 5-minute drive from the nearest supermarket and shopping center, as well as the Toluca Lake shopping district on Riverside Drive.
The house is a 10-minute drive from Warner Brothers and Disney Studios, as well as Studio City's shopping district on Ventura Boulevard.
The house is a 15-minute drive from Burbank Bob Hope International Airport.
Quiet hours at the property are as follows: Sunday-Thursday, 10PM - 7AM; Friday-Saturday, 11PM - 7AM.
Once these hours begin, please bring all outside activities indoors (including all activity in, by, or around the pool) and refrain from excessively loud music or noises that may permeate beyond the walls of the house.
We live in the suburbs, and share walls with the homes of several families, and a woman in a guest house with very thin walls. WE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR VIOLATION OF OUR QUIET HOURS. Any noise complaint we receive is grounds for immediate eviction and a refund on the remaining nights on your reservation.
As many as two cars fit in the garage, and as many as one fit on the driveway. Please do not break anything in the garage or block the sidewalk in parking; the latter is subject to a ticket from the city.
Per city rules, parking on our street is not allowed Monday-Friday 8AM - 6PM. Additional parking is available at South Weddington Park, just south of the property.
3) POOL OPERATION
Please turn off the pool heater and jets after usage. Leaving the heater on causes the pool's chlorine to dissipate much more rapidly, resulting in water that's murky, filmy, and unfit for swimming. Leaving on the jets can cause the pool and spa to drain completely overnight!
Any party that leaves the pool in a condition unsafe for swimming will be assessed a $100 post-stay fee.
Though smoking is allowed on the pool deck and front patio, it is NOT allowed at any time inside the house.
Any party leaving behind odors from smoking will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
Though pets are permitted to stay at the house, we ask that you pick up after them. A dog bed in the lounge area is available for use.
Any party leaving behind odors or stains from pets or any other pet-related damage will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
Please find alternative methods of disposing your excess trash and recyclables if it exceeds the capacity of our black trash and blue recycling bins.
Please do not dispose of trash or recycling in the green yard waste bin.
Any party leaving behind trash and/or recyclables that exceeds the capacity of our bins will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
7) LAST NOTE
As long as our neighbors don't hear you, nothing is broken or damaged, and nothing illegal occurs on the property, you'll generally be okay. Have fun, relax, and make yourself at home. :)
I live in Bulgaria where I have a movie studio where I produce films for Sony, Universal, Fox, Lifetime Channel and many other channels and companies around the world. If you look up my name in under Phillip J. Roth you can see the list of over the 100 movies I have produced, directed and written to date. My passion is skiing and I still compete on an international level in Eastern Europe where I am the only American racing and representing the United States in Eastern zero percent. Some of these ski races have taken me to Serbia, Turkey, Bosnia, Greece, Romania and I was even invited to compete in Iran but was prevented to attend because the Iranians wouldn't give me a visa, but my team did go and had a very interesting time skiing some very challenging mountains. My other passion Is wake-boarding in which I do mainly on a local lake called Iskra near Sofia, a local cable park or in the Greek isles. I am married to Ekaterina Roth, a former model and is a 3x winner of Mrs. Bulgaria, representing Bulgaria in various international contests in Orlando, Palm Springs and The Domican Republic. We have 2 girls 8 and 3 and I have a son and daughter 16 and 25. All were raised and went to high school here in Bulgaria. We rarely get back to the states so I hope you enjoy the house. We have a lot of great memories.
Phillip Roth purchased this house in 1994
This is the closest vacation home to the entrance of Universal Studios. It's in the center of all LA has to offer, being walking distance from the Metro Station, 5 minutes from the junction of the 101, 134, and 170, and 10 minutes from Warner Brothers and Disney Studios.
In addition, It's an open, airy home that still maintains a cozy, family-friendly feel in a safe, secluded neighborhood. The pool, hot tub, lounge area, gas fireplaces, loft bedroom and hundreds of reading and entertainment options combine to make this the perfect den for groups of all sorts and sizes.
Did we mention we're the closest vacation home to Universal Studios? All the same, you won't find three-bedroom house with a pool and hot tub (not to mention all the other amenities) this affordable anywhere else in LA.
House was beautiful and outdoor area was very nice! Amie was a pleasure to deal with.
We loved this property for our family of 6. It was in a great location with easy access to Universal as well as the 101. Plenty of space for everyone to sleep and relax. The pool isn't huge but the kids enjoyed using it and the hottub every night. Perfect for after a long day of sightseeing. Jason was great - he met us there and showed us around the property and checked on us routinely to see if we needed anything. We would definitely stay here again.
Slightly "rough and ready" feel to the property. Perhaps more suitable for families/groups rather than couples. Manager very helpful.
This was the perfect house for our recent Family Vacation. Pros: 3 bedrooms, awesome outside area including pool, close to grocery stores and Universal, quite neighborhood, great vintage kitchen.Cons: needs a few more mirrors in the bedrooms (but not a big deal).
The house was beyond great for our family vacation. We were able to enjoy the pool, visit with family members who live in the LA area. The management was very easy to work with throughout the whole process.
We had a wonderful time staying at this beautiful home. The heated pool was a terrific feature considering 2 days we were there it was 60 degrees. Plenty of room for our family of 5 with 3 teenagers. Was walking distance to Universal and close to downtown attractions. We also took a drive to Santa Monica pier which was just under 30 minutes. Property manager was so gracious and available to answer any questions. Nice quiet neighborhood with a park down the street. Highly recommend this home.
We stayed in Denny Avenue for four nights whilst in LA. The property is in a great location for visiting Universal Studios, and is in walking distance for using the Metro enabling easy access into central LA or out to the coast.
The house is located in a quiet residential street is well equipped and has everything you need for a family stay.
The pool and hot tub are a perfect addition to use after being out all day!
The house manager Jason is very helpful,and is always available should there be any problems.
Would definitely recommend the house to friends and family!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Book Now! Discount
Jun 22 2017 - Jun 25 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning and maid fee||$135|
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.