ALL RESERVATIONS AUGUST 22 - SEPTEMBER 14 ONLY $315/NIGHT!
ALL RESERVATIONS SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 18 ONLY $359/NIGHT!
Check-in is at 5PM.
Check-out is firmly at or before 11AM.
If you'd like to check in or check out at an earlier or later time, please contact us.
- The CLOSEST vacation home to Universal Studios--only a 15-minute walk!
- A private 3-bed, 2-bath oasis w/ heatable pool, hot tub, kitchen, garage, driveway
- 15-minute walk to Metro station
- 10-minute drive to Warner Bros. and Disney Studios, Studio City's Ventura Boulevard shopping district
- One Metro stop to Heart of Hollywood at Hollywood/Highland (Dolby & Mann's Chinese Theaters, Walk of Fame, Jimmy Kimmel)
- Heatable pool and hot tub underneath jungle foliage
- Charcoal grill on pool deck, with lighter fluid provided
- 1-car remote-controlled garage and 1-car driveway
- 3 flatscreen televisions, all with DirecTV (no DVR)
- DVD players in living room and master bedroom
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Bose Soundtouch wireless speaker system
- Romantic loft master bedroom with gas fireplace and memory foam-topped king bed
- Luxurious master bathroom with full bathtub, dark grey marble flooring and shower, walk-in closet
- Queen memory foam bed and pillows in second bedroom
- Memory foam couch and chaise sleeps 1-2
- Cushioned seat and ottoman sleeps 1
- Pack 'n play/playard, car seat, and two high chairs
- Lounge area with gas fireplace, workspace, board games
- Fully equipped kitchen for complete food preparation
- White vintage 6-burner stove, oven, and broiler with vent
- Dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, teapot
- Refrigerator and freezer with ice maker and water filter
- Extra linens, pillows, and beach towels
- Ample shelving and closet space in all bedrooms
- Thermostat for both heating and A/C
- Washer and dryer available
- Library of travel, cooking, science fiction, and children's books
- Stone's throw from Weddington Park with running track and baseball diamonds
- 5-minute drive to supermarkets, pharmacy, Starbucks, restaurants, Toluca Lake's Riverside Drive shopping district, junction of 101, 134, and 170 Freeways
- 15-minute drive to Burbank Bob Hope International Airport
- Cleaning supplies, paper towels, and trash bags
- Iron, ironing board, hangers, and cleared closets
- Hair dryer, hand soap, and toilet paper
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire extinguisher and first aid kit
- Street parking available nights and weekends
- Weekly gardener and pool service
- Property managers exclusively assigned to this house
- Secluded neighborhood, yet close to everything
My property managers Jason and Amie will greet you upon check-in to grant you access, give you keys and a garage door opener, and provide you with an in-depth tour of the house.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
My property managers Jason and Amie live 5 miles away in Hollywood. They can be reached via text or phone, and can come to the property with 30 minutes notice to attend to any urgent matters.
My company has offices in nearby Sherman Oaks, and my assistants are also available to attend to urgent matters. I live in Europe, and can be reached via phone or email.
In the early 60s, the Los Angeles River, which provides the north border of the neighborhood, flooded. For weeks, residents could only access their homes by boat, bringing about the neighborhood's name: The Island.
Though a risk of the river flooding no longer exists, The Island maintains a secluded, private feel for its residents. While a convenient 15-minute walk to Universal Studios and the Universal City Metro Station, and a short drive to the junction of the 101, 134, and 170 freeways, The Island is made secluded by the river bordering it to the north and the ample-sized South Weddington Park to the south and west.
Many of our neighbors are in the entertainment industry, and enjoy The Island for both its tranquil atmosphere and convenience to all LA has to offer.
The Universal City/Studio City Red Line Metro station is a 15-minute walk from the house.
The Metro station is one stop from the Heart of Hollywood at Hollywood/Highland, home to the Dolby Theater, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, El Capitan Theater, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and much more.
The Metro station also provides a gateway to Downtown L.A. (Staples Center), Santa Monica (Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach), Wilshire Boulevard, LAX, and much more.
The house is less than 5 minutes driving from the junction of the 101, 134, and 170 freeways.
The house is a 5-minute drive from the nearest supermarket and shopping center, as well as the Toluca Lake shopping district on Riverside Drive.
The house is a 10-minute drive from Warner Brothers and Disney Studios, as well as Studio City's shopping district on Ventura Boulevard.
The house is a 15-minute drive from Burbank Bob Hope International Airport.
Please note that we hold the person who books the property solely responsible for communicating to their invitees any important information pertaining to their stay, including but not limited to these rules and instructions on operating our amenities.
Quiet hours at the property are Sunday-Thursday, 10PM - 7AM; and Friday-Saturday, 11PM - 7AM. Once these hours begin, please bring all outside activities indoors (including all activity in, by, or around the pool) and refrain from excessively loud music or noises that permeates the walls of the house.
We live in the suburbs and live very close to other homes, including a neighbor who lives in the guest house by the pool. We have zero tolerance for violation of our quiet hours. Any noise complaint we receive is grounds for immediate eviction and a refund on the remaining nights on your reservation.
One car fits comfortably in the garage, and one car fits comfortably in the driveway. Please do not break anything in the garage or block the sidewalk in parking; the latter is subject to a ticket from the city.
Per city rules, parking on our street is not allowed Monday-Friday 8AM - 6PM. Additional parking is available in the lot behind the baseball field at South Weddington Park, just south of the property.
4) POOL OPERATION
Please turn off the pool heater and jets after usage. Leaving the heater on causes the pool's chlorine to dissipate much more rapidly, resulting in water that's murky, filmy, and unfit for swimming. Leaving on the jets can cause the pool and spa to drain completely overnight!
Any party that leaves the pool in a condition unsafe for swimming will be subject to a $100 post-stay fee.
Though smoking is allowed on the pool deck and front patio, it is NOT allowed at any time inside the house. Any party leaving behind odors from smoking will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
Pets are permitted to stay at the house; we only ask that you pick up after them. A dog bed in the lounge area is available for use.
Any party leaving behind odors or stains from pets or any other pet-related damage will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
Please find alternative methods of disposing your excess trash and recyclables if it exceeds the capacity of our black trash and blue recycling bins. Please do not dispose of trash or recycling in the green yard waste bin.
Any party leaving behind trash and/or recyclables that exceeds the capacity of our bins will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
Please do not take any of our towels. You will be charged the cost of replacing any towels missing after your check-out.
Please ensure that no considerable odors are left in the house upon your check-out, including odors from highly fragrant foods.
Any party leaving behind considerable odors will be subject to a post-stay cleaning fee not already included in the rental rate and pre-paid cleaning fee.
No products containing glitter can be used on the property. Any party leaving glitter on the property upon checking out will be subject to a $100 post-stay fee.
We need to begin cleaning and preparing the property immediately at 11AM so the property can be fully ready for our next guests’ arrival. Please have your entire party checked out and off the property by 11AM so we can do this. We are sometimes able to grant a later check-out time if such is requested in advance.
12) LAST NOTE
As long as our neighbors don't hear you, nothing is broken or damaged, nothing illegal occurs on the property, and your party is off the property by your check-out time, you'll generally be OK. Have fun, relax, and make yourself at home! :)
Amie, Jason, and Phil