Waterfront Relaxation with Dock for Fishing, Boating(4 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths (Sleeps 6)
• Three bedroom, two and a half baths
• Sleeps 6 with two queens and a bunk room with full/twin bunk and a twin
• Wireless Internet and satellite TV service, DVD and BlueRay
• Hardwood floors on first floor and master
• Heating and central air
• Fully-equipped kitchen: dishwasher, refrigerator with ice maker, built in microwave, stove/oven, coffee maker, toaster
• Clothes washer and drier
• Dock with boat slip for up to a 20’ foot boat. 3 ft MLW
• Easy boat access to the Piankatank River, the Hole in the Wall and the Chesapeake Bay
• Guests must provide linens.
• Dogs welcome!
-Crabbing off of you Private Dock
- Restaurant (2 miles)
- Bicycling (Community)
- Boating (Bay)
- Water Skiing
- Canoeing and Kayaking (Local Trails),
- Golf (20 minutes away) – Piankatank River Golf Club
- Tennis (in town 7 miles away – Parks & Rec.)
- Convenience Store (5 miles) with Red Box Rentals
- Gym/Fitness Center/YMCA (8 miles)
- Walking (Starts at Doorstep)
- Entertainment (5 miles) Donk's Theatre
- Playground (7 miles – Parks & Rec.)
- Bowling (adjacent county, 17 miles)
- Jet Skiing (Bay)
- Shopping Area (8 miles)
- Beach (2/3 mile)
- Amusement Park (35 miles) Williamsburg Busch Gardens and Water Country
- Movie Theatre nearby at Gloucester.
A great location to enjoy local events:
• Gloucester Daffodil Festival (April)
• Bay, Bikes and Bands Festival, Tour de Chesapeake (May)
• Eastfields Farm U-Pick Blueberry (July to Mid August).
• Mathews Market Days (September)
• Rock Fish Tournament (December)
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 1700 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $200
- Key Deposit $250
Weekly rental is $1,200. Call or email for rates for long weekends and monthly rental.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2008
Why Grimstead, Gwynn, VA, USA:
The Barking Dog Cottage was built in 2008. We were looking for a get away to relax and grow great family memories. Just crossing over the bridge to the island drops our stress level! We enjoy the tidal water and wildlife. As avid kayakers we visit the sand bar reef on the east side of the island and follow the activities of 'Stick Legs', the great blue heron who frequently hunts nearby. We hope you, too, can enjoy this getaway!
- Primary: +1 804.725.1951 804.725.1951
- Fax: +1 8047251953
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The house overlooks Barn Creek with easy access to Milford Haven & Ches. Bay.
Dining area comfortably seats 6.
Sitting room - a second common area
Master Bedroom with queen size bed, bath, and door to upper deck.
The bunk room has 2 twins and one full size bed.
The dock has a boat slip and floating dock great for jet skis and kayaks.
Located on Gwynn's Island, One of three islands in the Ches. bay
Catch crabs off the dock.
kayak to the tail of Gwynn's island to wade in the bay
Fun for the whole family!
Lower front porch which usually has a breeze.
Living Room with sectional sofa, gas fireplace and water view.
Fully equipped kitchen
Second bedroom with queen bed. Late sleepers like this room - no morning sun.
The front decks have something for everyone - sun bathing, shady porch swing.
Private 1 acre lot.
Enjoy the shady lower deck and a cool breeze.
Beach is a short walk away (2/3 mile)
Enjoy local seafood.
Enjoy bird watching on land or at sea.
The local You-Pick Blueberry Farm is a great day trip in July/Aug.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.