An Artist's French Colonial Townhome in the Energy Corridor(1 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Townhome
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Charming 2100 Sq Ft 2-story Townhome.
A charming, eclectically designed townhome tucked in a gem of a small community within the Energy Corridor! Enjoy your Houston vacation or business trip wrapped in the arms of my charming town home. Nestled on a tree-lined street, a warm, welcoming feeling and positive energy is felt upon entering. The layout is wonderful as all bedrooms are upstairs and separated for privacy/no shared walls. The master bedroom balcony is complete with two wrought-iron dolphin chairs, tea table, and flower boxes - an idyllic space for sipping coffee, tea or wine. The washer/dryer room is also upstairs for easy access. The master bathroom touts a brand new, gorgeous, oversized, marble, trough sink meeting the needs of two people. Beauty meets practicality as just below the sink resides easily accessible storage space for travel necessities and luxuries. Beautiful hardwoods run throughout the second story providing a warm inviting feel.
The living area embraces a vibrant white palette with pops of cobalt blue, a gorgeous hand-carved mirror, modern art, and globally eclectic furnishings. The beautiful marble counter tops coupled with tumbled marble back splash provide a natural, textural, and homey kitchen feel. Formality is not the key here. Feeling at home is my wish for you and yours. The antique hardware, and wonderfully aged, imperfectly perfect, turquoise, pantry doors with the whimsical kitchen chickens are sure to make you smile, kick off your shoes and indulge your senses.
The comfortably old is masterfully balanced with the new and unique via high ceilings, white architectural beams, beautifully ornate crown molding, creatively paired furnishings, and expansive doors that open to a magical little backyard. If you are lucky, sweet little creatures might be seen visiting the outdoor bubbling fountain for a cool drink on a warm Houston night. The town home backs up to a quiet, exclusive neighborhood with trees galore. My neighbors are wonderful and here to help if you need it. Super quiet and as quoted by everyone who's been here, 'so serene, peaceful and pretty!' Enjoy nature in the city! A 4-minute walk to Terry Hershey Park and the Kendall Library, and just a 6 minute drive to Memorial Hermann Hospital and the popular Memorial City Centre for tons of shopping, dining, theater and nightlife. Private drive, community pool, all bills paid, WIFI, and neighborhood friendly home. My home is yours while you enjoy the wonderful city of Houston! Come visit soon!
Check-in: 2pm Check-out: 11am
"It looks amazing! Thanks for everything!" -Green Travelers
"We like what you did with the remodeling. Kitchen looks great! Like the shelving, Pammy. The half bath updates, master bath modern trough sink, and new master flooring look smashing! Back from London in a few, see you at that time. Kiss the family." -Tommy and Jasper Travelers
"It looks absolutely wonderful and welcoming! My mom and I enjoy it a lot. :)) Also, thank you so much for the thoughtful shopping info., I am sure we will be doing a lot of that!" -Xia Travelers
"Nothing wrong with the house. We had no problems. Your artwork was fantastic! We enjoyed our stay and will be back. The highlight of our trip was watching the raccoons play in the fountain! Everyone enjoyed their entertainment. Thanks again." -Kornguth Travelers
"Wonderful! Big help for us that you provided breakfast since the travel times were unique. Thanks for the other recommendations." -Cali Travelers
'We had a great time! Thanks for speaking with us since it was our first time to use vrbo/home away. We were nervous and appreciated the time you took to answer all our questions. Thank you for your honesty about the maintenance man needing to come install batteries in two of many fire alarms. It was your first time to rent, equally nervous for you since we were your first guests, so we understood. Thanks for having us! Our friends had a super time.' -Srikanth Travelers
'Awesome! Thanks for accommodating our extra requests. The 'Diva's' enjoyed it during their tradeshow stay.' -Riley Travelers
'This is exactly what we were looking for. It's spotless and very nice. You must be an artist and travel a lot with your interesting artwork and global furniture.' 'Thank you for promptly getting the internet service provider here to fix the WiFi issue, and also the Geek Squad out to install a second computer for our use... especially since our international/Bahrain cords were troublesome.' 'Pretty. We enjoyed it and our family enjoyed staying there!' -Boyd Travelers
'It smells so fresh!' 'We loved the mediterranean fig cleaning supplies. New fans of that stuff! And we love the cheery living room with the little garden view. Such a cool and different design. Can we hire you to decorate our Austin casita for a trade? Thanks, Pammy. We felt pampered, and you were fun and easy to deal with! See you next time.' -King Travelers
Member since: 2014
- 2100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Non Smoking Only:
Not Suitable For Children:
Sorry, but art throughout and open loft in third bedroom. Love kiddos (Masters Degree in Education here), but first and only group with kids stained marble countertops via most likely a craft project. Accidents happen, so I encourage you to purchase the wonderful $89 insurance coverage plan. I appreciate accountability not perfection, and a good insurance plan gives everyone peace of mind. ...moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- -Large master bedroom with lovely port window and wonderful New Orleans inspired balcony. You will feel as if you live in your personal treehouse! Oversized closet with built in shelf for neatly storing travel gear. Beautifully furnished space for peaceful sleep. Accent wall of lovely Moroccan inspired wallpaper, and pretty French Doors frame the large bathroom. 48' tv. -Bedroom 2 is a large size with an eclectic, Asian inspired feel. Chinese artwork and a Ming Chair face the comfy queen bed with Asian bench. Two floor to ceiling windows overlook the Southern charmer---a Magnolia tree. Open the windows on a cool night, and you might smell a hint of jasmine in the breeze. Cheery and peaceful! -Bedroom 3 is equally beautiful with a view of it's own Magnolia tree. Incredibly beautiful hardwoods run throughout into surrounding areas. It has an open loft view of stairs. Global furnishings embrace a masterfully balanced blend of Indian, Peruvian, antique and modern elements....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- -Double sink, granite countertops, brushed nickel hardware and cute port window in one bathroom. It includes two beautiful, French script mirrors, glass tiled backsplash, and a basic tub/shower with crisp, white, 4x4 tiles and brand new, brushed nickel, shower hardware. -Spacious master bath with cheery, bright white, 12x12 floor tiles and 4x4 white tiles surround the shower/tub combination also with brand new, brushed nickel, shower hardware. Playful yet glamorous, a modern, sunburst mirror with an antiqued silver finish tops the charming, white, pedestal sink. -Downstairs, you will find a convenient half bath with cream colored pedestal sink and lovely, gold, sunburst mirror. (3) Bathrooms total...moreless
- If you use the supplied iron, please also use the supplied ironing board and do not iron on the carpet. No hairdryer supplied due to frequently disappearing hairdryers. READ listing offerings, contractual agreement and policies before signing. A signature means you accept homeowner policies and respect the property and it's contents. Please be kind and respectful of wildlife. Houston is the Bayou City. Many of these beautiful creatures have visited my home for years. The possums are beneficial as they eat aphids and creepy bugs, and the two raccoons regard the local trees and 10 ft fence as a safe haven. Treats are welcome, but no petting, picking up or taunting, please. Live in harmony with nature, be respectful, logical, and enjoy their natural beauty. Animal cruelty will result in deposit forfeiture and a report to City of Houston animal organizations....moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Roller Blading
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
Thoughtful care taken in providing a beautiful space for luxurious sleeping and comfortable lounging that comes only with gorgeously soft fabrics, quality mattress padding, and pretty linens....moreless
- Living Room:
Thoughtful care taken to provide luxurious quality towels for fast-dry needs and those seeking even softer drying towels. High quality towels (and high quality pillows for bedrooms) are here....moreless
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker:
Dishes & Utensils:
Dinnerware for approx 8 guests, cookware, bowls, utensils, can opener, melon/fruit scooper, blender, rolling pin, corkscrew, salad tongs, potato peeler, garlic press, etc. DO NOT leave dirty dishes....moreless
Lovely kitchen! Upscale and unique without being boring, predictable or cold. Provided for guests - salt/pepper/spices, cooking oil, vinegar, foil, clingwrap, wonderful teas, coffee, filters, etc......moreless
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning $135 per week $135
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Pool Key $40
- Property Damage Protection $99
Rates are subject to change until reservation occurs. Early emergency departures due to illness/death/business will not be refunded, but will be comparably credited for a future booked stay. Deposit required for renters staying one week or more. Deposits vary based on term of stay. Your payment reflects your agreement with the policies set by homeowner as it relates to the property and contents.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Wonderful library, and park within walking distance including excellent restaurants with outdoor dining. Close to Memorial City Mall, City Centre nightlife, live theatre, movie theaters, shopping, etc... and equally close to West Oaks Mall.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: Please check out my blog for an overview about me.
Why the Owner Chose Memorial City, Houston, TX, USA:
So many reasons to enjoy my home in Houston. It's in the heart of the Energy Corridor for business travelers and those seeking employment within walking distance of the businesses in the Energy Corridor, those looking to relocate to a fantastically booming area of Houston or for those travelers desiring to be just 15 minutes from busy downtown or 10 minutes from the Galleria area. It's a mere 2 minute access to I10, and 5 minute access to Beltway 8/Sam Houston Tollway. It's a 2 minute - 15 minute drive to the following: Enterprise Car Rental, Liebmann's Deli, Fadi's Mediterranean Grill, Ruggles On The Green, Molina's, Hungry's Café, Pappadeaux's, Pappacito's, Whole Foods, Phoenicia Grocery Store, Half Price Books, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, Target, HEB, Randalls, Lowes, Home Depot, Cornelius Garden Center, Starbucks and more! My home is perfectly situated and just close enough to the fun city buzz with the above mentioned shopping options, grocery stores, restaurants, park, malls, but still within a quiet neighborhood. Houston is a friendly, unpretentious, cultural melting pot city with a plethora of cultural activities. While it's the 4th largest US city, it maintains a small town feel as evidenced by my charming and friendly neighborhood.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
Nature in the city. Warm + inviting + peaceful + natural charm + a pinch of whimsy with unconventional style.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Imperfectly perfect backyard 35' l x 16' w Table chairs umbrella seats 5.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.