Sleeps ten:king,queen, two bunk beds, and pull out sleeper queen. Bed linens and bath towels provided for 2015 guests. WIFI! Hot Tub!!! Corn Hole Boards!! Stone's throw to beach! Direct beach access from deck. Oceanfront!! Views to die for! BRAND NEW WINDOWS and DECK May 2016!!Total remodel in kitchen and great room in 2013. Upgraded cabinets and quartz countertops. Ceramic tile in kitchen and half bath upstairs. Hardwood floors in great room. Carpeted bedrooms. Full sized washer and dryer. Outside deck. Charcoal park grill. Outside shower!!! Hot tub!! path to oceanfront is accessed from lower deck. Driveway has ample parking and parking for one car under house. Great restaurants nearby, cinemas, miniature golf and many other activities right around the house.
- House1700 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Min Stay1 - 7 nights
3 bedroom two and one half baths oceanfront home with magnificent ocean views!
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 20, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great location but property could use updating
The house is in a great location with beautiful views and direct beach access. We sat out on the deck every evening and just watched the waves come in. The kitchen was well stocked and had everything we needed. There are a few faults however. There are no wash clothes in the house. While searching for them, I noticed that the furnace filter was completely clogged with dust. The master bedroom shower curtain had mold along the bottom, seats for the dining room table were pretty stained, our king bed sheet had stains, and when it rained, water leaked from the ceiling onto the upstairs toilet.
Great property right on the beach!
Property is well keep and right on a gorgeous beach. The house has all of the essentials plus cable TV and high speed internet. Will certainly stay here again if out travels take is back to that region.
Absolutely GORGEOUS view/location!!!
Beautiful location and set up! Issues/complaints we had:
Never received the door code a few days prior like we were told. I messaged the property manager and asked for it. In addition I requested an early check in if possible as we were driving through the night to get there. NO attempt was made to implement this, in fact we had to wait for the cleaning people to get out at 4:10pm. Upon checking in we were putting the provided linens on the bed and the king sheet was stained with what looked like blood, one twin mattress cover was substantially ripped (I do have pics), the back deck had a garbage filled with empty cans/bottles as well. There are no washcloths (Which there was a comment on that website that there wasn’t) and no blow dryer. There were only three hand towels in the entire rental. In addition the hot tub was supposed to be cleaned mid week and it was not The living room couches are very faded (not the end of the world and expected with rentals). It rained pretty hard one day and the top level bathroom was leaking. We called the maintenance number in the listing and it was a non working number. The property manager was not prompt in getting back to me. Other than that these things we thoroughly enjoyed staying there, would recommend to others and would stay again!
We loved the house!
Great location, perfect size for our family. If we vacation in the Outer Banks next year we will be renting here again. Kill Devil Hills July 4 fireworks was literally in our "back yard!"
Great location and house for two families with young kids. Would return in a heart-beat!
We stayed here with two families of four for a total of 8 people (kids ages: 3, 4, 5, & 6).
Sleeping: This house was nice for our group with larger beds in two bedrooms for each couple (queen & king) and the final bedroom had two sets of bunks that sleep 4. The bedrooms are on a middle floor with the master providing views of the water, direct access to the deck & a private bathroom. The other 2 bedrooms have a shared/connected bathroom.
Living: The top (3rd) floor is open concept with really amazing views of the beach/ocean. There are no walls in this top floor (except for the half bathroom) so it feels big/airy. The kitchen was well stocked & the kitchen table easily sat 8 with an additional table for 4 on this floor. We felt there was plenty of space for us when we were inside. The house has AC which is a necessity! (it was 90+ outside). We also used the top-loading washer/dryer a few times.
Outside: The top deck has great views with fun captain's chairs. In the afternoon once the sun has sufficiently gone behind the house you can enjoy the shade and view of the surrounding areas. Loved drinking wine on this deck in the evening. The middle deck has a hammock (didn't use) & provides shade in the middle of the day. When standing you can see the beach/ocean, but when sitting you mostly see the dunes while listening to the surf nearby. On the bottom level there is an outdoor shower (under the deck), a charcoal grill (which we didn't use) & a small deck/walkway to the hot tub. The hot tub was nice in the evenings/mornings but during the day the air was too hot for us to go in. There is a hose if you want to hose off gear or if you bring a foot-tub you can use the hose to fill it for rinsing feet (although beware the water in the tub does also get hot). The pathway to the beach is sand (vs boardwalk) through the dunes.
Beach: There is a lifeguard station nearby (hrs 10am-6pm) & wasn't too crowded. The beach was nice with softer sand to shelly/rocky depending on the tide but we were ok without water shoes when in the water. Walking on the dry sand at mid-day required shoes due to the heat. The walk from the house to the ocean was fast. Good for young kids (for potty runs, naps, "forgotten" toys, etc).
Location: Close to the bridge, grocery stores, etc.
Recommendations: bring a small propane grill, beach chairs, hand towels/wash cloths, & move the hammock
We loved our vacation & would return!
Amazing vacation! A few concerns.
Let me preface this review by saying this: we really enjoyed our time at this beach house! We had a wonderful week with our toddler and her grandparents. Even a few wild and windy days (thanks to Hurricane Maria!) couldn't dampen our spirits.
Here's the run-down of stuff that was awesome:
- The view from the second floor really is spectacular. The photos don't capture it. There's something amazing about being able to glance out at the waves any time you like. Loved it.
- Having a private walkway to the beach really makes a huge difference. With a two-year-old, it made it easy to visit the water without planning a major expedition. Fair warning: the sand pathway could be difficult to negotiate for those who aren't steady on their feet. Many nearby homes had longer walkways---that would have made things easier. But fine for us.
- The house is close to great restaurants, shopping, and tourist destinations. Our daughter loved visiting the nearby pier and arcade, a ten-minute walk along the beach.
That being said, here are a few complaints:
- The master bathroom had a problem: the shower walls were coated with black mildew. For whatever reason, this wood paneling hadn't been cleaned properly---for quite a while, by its appearance. Standing in the shower was gross enough; sitting in the tub for a bath was out of the question. The first time I showered, I spent fifteen minutes scrubbing the walls down with a sponge---just so that I could relax a bit.
- The jacuzzi jets on the master bathroom tub did not seem to work.
- The master bedroom door---which opens almost directly onto the beach path---would not open. This was disappointing, since it meant that we couldn't "sneak out" for a hot tub soak or a nighttime stroll. We contacted the owner and were told that the lock had broken the week before and that the parts had not yet arrived.
- Linens: the beds were not made when we arrived, and several of the mattress pads were ripped. There were no washcloths; we bought some from a nearby store and left them behind for future guests.
- A sign posted in the house indicated that the hot tub would be maintained once before our arrival and once mid-week. The first visit happened, but it was over an hour after the specified check-in time. The second visit never occurred (as far as we could tell), and the tub was very sandy by week's end.
Again, we had a great time. We would come back again, despite these quibbles!
Matt, thank you for your well thought out words on your week vacation at the vacation house. You were able to give a lot of information for future guests. I appreciate the fact that your words stated that you would return for another vacation with us.
I'd like to apologize for such a delayed response to your review. To address the concerns, we have cleaned, sanded, and resealed the walls inside the master bathroom tub to make sure it is nothing but sparkling clean for the guests. I understand the bathtub jacuzzi jets do not work and I should have reminded you of that issue. Luckily there is a wonderful close to new hot tub outside to relax in. As far as the linens, we have added facecloths to our linen inventory as standard. I have replaced the torn mattress pads.The door to the outside from the bedroom was broken in the week before tenant's time there and when our handyman went to repair the lock, it could not be salvaged that turnover day and a new one was ordered. It had to be a special order as the Anderson doors are custom doors. The door could not be fixed while you were there. The hot tub is supposed to be maintained twice a week by our service people once on move in day and one other day during the week usually Weds or Thurs. I have checked with the company to make sure they are doing that service as in our contract.
Again, I appreciate your time in writing about our vacation house and hope that you do come back and see us another year.
Wright Brother's Memorial, Jockey's Ridge, historic lighthouses, deep sea fishing close by,