|Property type||chateau / country house|
The “Logis de Boisbreteau” is a historic and charming property furnished with antiques, which offers 6 bedrooms that can comfortably accommodate 13 people, a heated pool and a walled-in large garden. The buildings include the “Logis”, a seigniorial house of the fifteenth century, a defensive tower going back to the twelfth century and residential quarters dated from the late nineteenth century, as well as many barns surrounding the enclosed garden.
All the bedrooms have just been renovated and are very pleasantly decorated; they are fully furnished and equipped with a fan. There are two full bathrooms with tub and shower and two of the bedrooms have a water corner.
WIFI zone is located in the dining room. Two barbecues are available. For the youngest one , we have a baby bed, bathtub and highchair.
The mansion is composed of:
- A large living room (370 square ft) occupied the whole first floor of the “Logis”, it provides high ceilings, exposed beams, a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area with a large monastery table and a confortable seating corner with a flat screen TV 55 INCHES (the kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, gas stove with electrical oven, fridge, microwave , coffee maker, electric kettle ) ;
- An office (245 square feet) in the ground floor of the tower with desk and antique furniture ;
- A very spacious formal entry hall (355 square feet) with antique seating and furniture;
- A games room (295 square feet) with darts , table football, board games;
- A laundry room (135 square feet) with a washing machine and a dryer and an extra fridge ;
- A large complete bathroom (90 square feet) with a separate shower and an oversized tub , and great views overlooking the fields ;
- A independent WC;
- A garden side entrance hall (200 square feet) with more outdoor games like badminton, ping pong table ....
On 2nd floor:
- 1 oversized bedroom in the “Logis” (260 square feet) with many antique details including a monastery Queen size bed, and its full bathroom (125 square) which offers a dressing room , a tub with shower and a toilet ;
- A large square room (260 square feet) in the 2nd level of the tower with 18 feet ceiling , an armor , tapestries and a chest with a secret staircase ;
- 2 bedrooms with two beds in each (125 square feet) each, in each bedroom there are two single beds which can be converted into a King size bed;
- 1 large bedroom (215 square feet) with one Queen size bed with wrought iron canopy, antique furniture, and a water corner (sink and bidet) ;
- 1 large bed room (235 square feet) with one Queen size bed with wrought iron canopy , an extra single bed and a water corner ( sink and bidet) ;
- 1 Bedroom (180 square feet) with an antique bed ( a double bed size bed), a small office and a large dressing ;
- A large courtyard with one beautiful old adjoining well (secured) , parking , equipped for eating outside with garden furniture and 2 barbecues ;
- A one 81,000 square feet enclosed garden ;
- an heated 37.5 ft x 18 ft pool with corner stairs, with depth ranging from 3 ft to 7 ft, a jet machine making water current and incredible water massage, a surrounding oversized swimming pool deck of 2,520 square feet, with parasol and many sun deck furniture.
- An enclosed orchard in the back of the property of 2 acres and a half.
Three brothers who have spent all their youth in this property bought by their father in 1974. We live in Belgium.
Michel Natalis purchased this chateau / country house in 1974
Great living in an historical domain. It is comfortable and very well kept. Perfect place to spend an unforgettable family vacation.
Excellent restaurants nearby, in Cognac and Angouleme. Property surrounded by winery and great Cognac domains.
Nearby typical village with winery, horseback riding, petanque, municipal swimming pool
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,007|
50% is to be paid when the reservation is made. The balance and a deposit of $950.00 are to be paid 15 days before arrival. Deposit is returned one week after departure.