The Original Home with a Dome! 4BR/2BA Rustic Luxury with Amazing Views!(25 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 BR, 2 BA + a unique Dome. Luxury home + rustic, outdoor living.
* Dome tent
* Outdoor grass bed
* Outdoor bar
* In-ground hot tub
* Fire pit
* Two bbq grills (one propane, one charcoal)
* Incredible views
* 7.5 acres of rocks: hike for hours without even leaving the property!
* Secret concrete platform built up on a mountain of rocks! Overlooks the entire valley and enough space for a picnic, morning yoga session, or just sit back, relax, and enjoy the sunset.
* Bonus room with music (guitar, keyboard and amp) and art stations
* Yoga and Pilates area in the bonus room
* Three large LED HDTVs with DISH
* DVD player with a movie collection
* Vintage-style phonograph with a record collection
* Karaoke system / Bluetooth speaker to stream music
* Memory Foam mattresses
* Unique home can sleep up to 16 people in beds (including sofa beds and an air mattress), but the home feels cozy enough for just two people to enjoy as the large bonus bedroom has been repurposed as a music/art/yoga room.
* Modern kitchen with rustic decor, stainless steel appliances and quartz countertops, fully stocked with coffee, condiments, spices, cookware, utensils and plates/cups
* Hotel-style amenities including luxury towels, linens, soap, shampoo, hair dryer, and toothpaste
* Washer and dryer
* Great location, only one mile from the West entrance to the park!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2000
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: Cal king bed, Bedroom 2: Queen bed, Bedroom 3: Queen bed, Bedroom 4 (bonus room): Twin Day bed with twin trundle (twin x 2), Dome Tent: Queen bed, Additional: Sleeper sofa x 2 and a queen-size air mattress Bonus: Outdoor grass bed Horse setup includes a roomy corral with water (water buckets not provided) and easy access to miles of scenic riding trails and dirt roads perfect for exploring. Additional charges may apply for your horse or horses. Plenty of parking next to the corral for your horse trailer. ...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Monument View
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Pet Fee $25 + tax
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Tax Rate 7%
Contact owner for holiday rates and pet requirements. Children are included as additional guests.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
We are located just one mile from West Entrance to Joshua Tree National Park and all it has to offer for hiking, rock climbing, biking, horseback riding and exploring.
It is an easy drive to museums, golf, shopping, art galleries and even southern California's famous theme parks. Great local restaurants are nearby for a night out. We are only 45 minutes from Palm Springs and all it has to offer. The Desert House is an excellent vacation rental with something for everyone.
Other Activities: rock climbing, hiking
Year Purchased: 1998
About: We fell in love with this place the moment we saw it and so will you! It's so quiet and peaceful and the lovely views change as the sun moves across the sky. We never tire of visiting and we hope you won't either.
- Primary: +1 9493851594
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - "Owner's Website" - MORE INFO & PHOTOS!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Original Home with a Dome: Rustic luxury with incredible views. 7.5 acres.
Front porch at night, grass bed and seating area overlook the entire valley.
Incredible views from inside the dome tent -- overlooks the entire valley!
Completely remodeled kitchen - all stainless appliances and quartz countertops.
Newly redesigned bedrooms with memory foam mattress.
Master bedroom has a memory foam Cal King bed with ensuite bathroom.
16 foot sliding patio doors lead out to the hot tub and Dome tent.
Both bathrooms have been completely remodeled with a rustic, luxury theme.
View of the hot tub, Dome tent, and backyard bar at night.
Star gazing is a favorite pastime. Bring your own telescope, or use ours!
Book your stay now, calendar fills up fast!
Outdoor grass bed - another unique feature! Outdoor living spaces are plentiful.
Clear vinyl roof on the Dome for stargazing at night.
Formerly "The Desert House" -- come inside and see the new renovations...
Farmhouse sink and fully stocked kitchen, including locally roasted coffee.
Another large bedroom with custom design elements.
Extra large bonus room in the back, music and art stations and a 55" HDTV.
Large bonus room also has a separate yoga/pilates area.
Bonus room opens to in-ground hot tub, Dome Tent, and outdoor bar.
Fire pit and bricked-in charcoal bbq grill. Additional propane grill available.
No light pollution allows you to see the night sky as it should be seen!
The Original Home with a Dome is only 1 mile from the West entrance to the park.
This listing was first published here in 2000.
Date last modified - Monday, February 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.