Mountain Lodge at Bear Lake Reserve with Modern Comfort and Resort Amenities(22 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Property type:Lodge
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Bedrooms 2, Bathrooms 2.5, Sleeps 6
To facilitate your making an informed decision, we would like to point out the following:
1. As you can see from the many VRBO listings for Bear Lake Reserve, only a few lodges/condos are available for rent. The biggest advantage of staying in a lodge/condo is that the Bear Lake Reserve Clubhouse, where many resort amenities and activities are available (e.g. heated adult pool, heated children's pool with slides, restaurant, lounge, children's playroom & theater, occasional live music, beach, gym, kayak/pontoon/water skii etc.), is only 2 minutes away if you're driving (see picture #13 below). This is particularly important if you have children. In fact, this is why we bought a lodge/condo rather than a house. Many properties in Bear Lake Reserve are far from the Clubhouse. It's no fun to drive for 20 minutes (especially at night) just to have dinner at the Clubhouse! If you like walking, you can also walk to the Clubhouse from our lodge in about 10 minutes via a well-maintained trail.
2. The golf course and tennis courts -- both of which are located at the top of the mountain with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains -- are also nearby. You can get there in 5-10 minutes by car (depending on how fast you drive).
3. This property is approx. 1800 sq. ft. (not including the deck/balcony). The first floor master bedroom has a king bed with a private bath. The second bedroom on the second floor also has a king bed. Some owners have converted the loft on the second floor to a third bedroom. We, however, have left it as is, so that the entire second floor would feel more open and inviting. There is a full-size futon/sofa bed in the loft.
4. The first floor living room has an unusually high ceiling (see picture #4 below) . The living room has a sleep sofa that can accommodate 2 adults. The spacious, modern kitchen has plenty of cookware and dishware for you to prepare family meals.
5. The building itself has 4 units. Our unit is on the top floor (but our front door is at ground level, so there is no need for an elevator), which affords us a great mountain view. (See picture #12 below. The unit on the right with curtains is ours).
6. The property has three flat panel 3D TV's and two 3D blu-ray players. We subscribe to DISH satellite service for cable. TV reception, especially high definition, is excellent. Wireless high speed internet is reliable. The property has an extensive collection of blue ray DVDs, as well as xbox and wii consoles & games.
7. The property is clutter-free and causal-elegant. We have tried to keep the furniture and decor simple, yet tasteful.
8. If you would like to know more about Bear Lake Reserve and why it's such a special place, please visit its website for more information.
9. Let us know if you are interested in renting our property for longer than 1 month. We will give you additional discounts.
10. Lastly, please be advised that we do not allow more than 6 people at any time. The maximum number of adults is 4 (13+ count as adults). Moreover, a no-smoking and no-pet policy is in effect.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call us. We will get back to you promptly -- typically within 30 minutes. Thank you!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 1850 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 4-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 21 - Jan 4, 2017
4 night min stay
Jan 5 - May 25, 2017
3 night min stay
May 26 - Sep 4, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning fee $125
- Tax Rate 10.75%
Please note the following restrictions:
1. Maximum number of adults in the unit at any time is 4 adults. The maximum number of children in the unit at any time is 4 children.
2. No pets and pets at any time.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
view from the loft
view from balcony
bedroom #2 (2nd floor)
daybed with trundle (sleeps 2) in the loft
Clubhouse's heated adult pool, children's pool with a fun slide and hot tub.
Clubhouse's formal dining room
Clubhouse's fitness center
spectacular golf course
Aerial view of Bear Lake Reserve
kitchen with 27 inch iMac
view from the dining room
master bedroom (1st floor) with direct access to balcony
2nd floor loft
facade of our mountain lodge/condo
Clubhouse's casual dining room
Clubhouse's playroom for children.
Bear Lake's many outdoor activities. Extensive network of well-maintained trails
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM