About the property
- Condo1850 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
Bedrooms 2, Bathrooms 2.5, Sleeps 6
In late 2012, our family purchased this lovely mountain lodge, which was built in 2009, to escape to the North Carolina mountains on weekends. We renovated it recently, and when we are not using it ourselves, we make it available to VRBO/Homeaway users. Because we are relatively new to the Bear Lake rental market, for now, we are planning to keep our rates very low -- in fact, the lowest (we believe) in Bear Lake Reserve. Also, our rates include the daily resort fees charged by Bear Lake Reserve. We will pay those fees on your behalf.
To facilitate your making an informed decision, we would like to share with you the following:
1. As you can see from the many VRBO listings for Bear Lake Reserve, only a few lodges/condos are available for rent. The biggest advantage of staying in a lodge/condo is that the Bear Lake Reserve Lake Club, where many resort amenities and activities are available (e.g. adult pool, heated children's pool with slides, restaurant, lounge, children's playroom & theater, occasional live music, beach, gym, kayak/pontoon/water skii etc.), is only 2 minutes away if you're driving (see picture #13 below). This is particularly important if you have children. In fact, this is why we bought a lodge/condo rather than a house. Many properties in Bear Lake Reserve are far from Lake Club.
2. The golf course and tennis courts -- both of which are located at the top of the mountain with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains -- are also nearby. You can get there in 5 minutes by car (depending on how fast you drive).
3. This property is approx. 1800 sq. ft. (not including the deck/balcony). The first floor master bedroom has a king bed with a private bath. The second bedroom on the second floor also has a king bed. Some owners have converted the loft on the second floor to a third bedroom. We, however, have left it as is, so that the entire second floor would feel more open and inviting. There is a day bed + trundle in the loft. (for sleeping 2)
4. The first floor living room has an unusually high ceiling. The spacious, modern kitchen has plenty of cookware and dishware for you to prepare family meals.
5. The building itself has 4 units. Our unit is on the top floor (but our front door is at ground level, so there is no need for an elevator), which affords us a great mountain view. (See picture below. The unit on the right with curtains is ours).
6. The property has three big flat panel TV's and two blu-ray players. We subscribe to DISH satellite service for cable. TV reception, especially high definition, is excellent. Wireless high speed internet is reliable. The property has an extensive collection of blue ray DVDs for kids and adults, as well as xbox console & games.
7. The property is clutter-free and causal-elegant. We have tried to keep the furniture and decor simple, yet tasteful.
8. If you would like to know more about Bear Lake Reserve and why it's such a special place, please visit its website for more information.
9. Let us know if you are interested in renting our property for longer than 1 month. We will give you additional discounts.
10. Lastly, please be advised that we do not allow more than 6 people at any time. The maximum number of adults is 4 (13+ count as adults). Moreover, a no-smoking and no-pet policy is in effect.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call us. We will get back to you promptly -- typically within 30 minutes. Thank you!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
On top of the mopuntain!
The house is lovely and quite comfortable. We enjoyed the mountain views and hiking around the property. The only downside is that you are 45 - 60 minutes away from a grocery store or restaurant. (The clubhouse restaurant was not open during our stay)
Very peaceful and owner was accommodating. Great place, will book this unit again.
Awesome place. Buy groceries before you drive in, because it's a 20 min drive out of the resort and then another 15 min to an ingles. They have kayaks/canoes, a beach area for the kids to play, a park with a creek and a teepee, pool table/shuffleboard/private theater, and pools/hot tub. There is also outdoor fireplaces in a few areas, and ping pong outside the lake club. This unit is very close to the lake club, almost walking distance. We will definitely be back when the leaves are changing.
This was our 5th visit to BLR and perhaps the nicest.
Everything about the condo was as described and then some. This is our first time staying near the Lake Club. It was so nice to be 5 minutes from the club and maybe 10 mins to golf. The Lake Club was open our entire stay so we used all the facilities and ate all our meals there., food was fabulous.
In previous visits in the fall the Lake Club was open only a few days and limited hours. The new management has really made some nice changes, Especially the extended Club schedule into the fall and winter months.
We will certainly plan to return to Thomas's unit in the future.
Fred & Carlye Schramm
Luxury in the wilderness
Thomas was very accommodating and his home is beautiful. We had many lovely meals out on the back deck overlooking the woods and mountains. We so enjoyed the swims and the Bear Creek Lake off the Sandy Beach. There were at least ten different hiking trails within the community and one of them had teepees and campsites. This is a resort built in the wilderness so what could be better?
Great condo unit in beautiful resort community!
We stayed at Thomas' unit at Bear Lake Reserve for six nights and absolutely loved it! The unit itself was in great shape and had everything we needed, including plenty of entertainment (kids books, TV, books, some games) (plus we did find the beds very comfortable). Thomas was easy to reach by text and made sure we were taken care of and knew what was going on at Bear Lake. As for some previous comments that it is a somewhat long and windy drive from stores/etc., this is true and I would recommend stocking up before coming in. But the great place about Thomas' condo is that it is about three minutes to the Lake Club at Bear Lake Reserve. There you can find swimming pools (my kids love the slide!), bar, a reasonably priced and good restaurant, a sandy beach, kayak and boat rentals (or bring your own). The lake is amazing and not very crowded. We only left the property one day, otherwise there was plenty to do at the Lake Club or on the property (there are hiking trails, small fishing ponds, golf, etc.). In short, I would highly recommend it if you're looking for an amazing getaway where you can experience the mountains, the beach, and the lake all in the same trip!
Nice Place for relaxing
This condo was in a great location to enjoy all the lake activities. If you like a short hike, you can walk down to the lake club. The unit itself is very nice and equipped to make meals as needed. We really enjoyed the deck, large bathroom and open floor plan.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Please note the following restrictions: 1. Maximum number of adults in the unit at any time is 4 adults. The maximum number of children in the unit at any time is 4 children. 2. No pets and pets at any time.