In late 2012, our family purchased this lovely mountain lodge, which was built in 2009, to escape to the North Carolina mountains on weekends. We renovated it recently, and when we are not using it ourselves, we make it available to VRBO/Homeaway users. Because we are relatively new to the Bear Lake rental market, for now, we are planning to keep our rates very low -- in fact, the lowest (we believe) in Bear Lake Reserve. Also, our rates include the daily resort fees charged by Bear Lake Reserve. We will pay those fees on your behalf.
To facilitate your making an informed decision, we would like to share with you the following:
1. As you can see from the many VRBO listings for Bear Lake Reserve, only a few lodges/condos are available for rent. The biggest advantage of staying in a lodge/condo is that the Bear Lake Reserve Lake Club, where many resort amenities and activities are available (e.g. adult pool, heated children's pool with slides, restaurant, lounge, children's playroom & theater, occasional live music, beach, gym, kayak/pontoon/water skii etc.), is only 2 minutes away if you're driving (see picture #13 below). This is particularly important if you have children. In fact, this is why we bought a lodge/condo rather than a house. Many properties in Bear Lake Reserve are far from Lake Club.
2. The golf course and tennis courts -- both of which are located at the top of the mountain with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains -- are also nearby. You can get there in 5 minutes by car (depending on how fast you drive).
3. This property is approx. 1800 sq. ft. (not including the deck/balcony). The first floor master bedroom has a king bed with a private bath. The second bedroom on the second floor also has a king bed. Some owners have converted the loft on the second floor to a third bedroom. We, however, have left it as is, so that the entire second floor would feel more open and inviting. There is a day bed + trundle in the loft. (for sleeping 2)
4. The first floor living room has an unusually high ceiling. The spacious, modern kitchen has plenty of cookware and dishware for you to prepare family meals.
5. The building itself has 4 units. Our unit is on the top floor (but our front door is at ground level, so there is no need for an elevator), which affords us a great mountain view. (See picture below. The unit on the right with curtains is ours).
6. The property has three big flat panel TV's and two blu-ray players. We subscribe to DISH satellite service for cable. TV reception, especially high definition, is excellent. Wireless high speed internet is reliable. The property has an extensive collection of blue ray DVDs for kids and adults, as well as xbox console & games.
7. The property is clutter-free and causal-elegant. We have tried to keep the furniture and decor simple, yet tasteful.
8. If you would like to know more about Bear Lake Reserve and why it's such a special place, please visit its website for more information.
9. Let us know if you are interested in renting our property for longer than 1 month. We will give you additional discounts.
10. Lastly, please be advised that we do not allow more than 6 people at any time. The maximum number of adults is 4 (13+ count as adults). Moreover, a no-smoking and no-pet policy is in effect.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call us. We will get back to you promptly -- typically within 30 minutes. Thank you!