Kayaks*Dock*Peaceful Setting*Covered Wraparound Deck*Easy Access & Parking
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
LEISURE LAKEHOUSE on Lake Barkley
This 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath lake house has a peaceful and private setting with 180 degree views of water. See the sun rise and set from the extensive wrap-around deck. The large 2.5 acre point lot gives you plenty of space to unwind to the sights and sounds of nature. The private dock is easily accessible with no steps.
Call 951-551-4760 for more info.
Visit our website www.leisurelakehouse.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private dock extends to 50 feet with bench and ladder.
- Outdoor fire pit between house and dock.
- Indoor fireplace operates with gas logs.
- The upstairs is on a separate heating/cooling system with its own thermostat. The upstairs level does not get too warm (as with so many other 2 story homes).
- Upstairs bathroom totally remodeled with new vanity and tile flooring.
- Kitchen remodeled with hickory cabinets, solid surface countertops, new tile floor.
- New carpet upstairs and new flooring throughout.
- 4 kayaks (seat 6 total) included with rental agreement.
- Large U-shaped driveway with new gravel. Plenty of space for several vehicles.
- Built in speakers in dining/living room. Play your favorite music from your iPod or CDs.
- Large capacity washer and dryer on main level.
- TV with cable and Blu-ray player
- Fully stocked kitchen. Fridge with ice-maker and filtered water.
- Wrap-around deck is covered and includes plenty of seating options for 15 or more.
- Lake views from nearly every room.
- All linens provided. Portable fans available for all rooms or outdoor use.
In spring and summer/high pool Little River is a fisherman's dream; you can fish from the dock or shore. Springtime is particularly good bass and crappie fishing in our lake location. If you are the people-watcher type, you will enjoy spotting the fishing boats float by. The more adventurous will want to explore the coves, islands, and shoreline for excitement. 4 kayaks are available for your use that hold a total of 6 people.
We are just a short distance from I-24 which makes it easy to navigate to all the fun spots. Leisure Lakehouse offers easy access to marinas, Lake Barkley State Park, Land Between the Lakes, and Kentucky Lake. Antiquing in friendly Cadiz is a fun past-time, and restaurants can be found throughout the lake area. Land Between the Lakes is a family must-see with the Elk and Bison Prairie, eagle tours at the Nature Station, the Planetarium, The Homeplace (a 19th century working farm), and numerous hiking and off-road trails.There is so much to see and do that you will want to spend time exploring the many attractions, all within a short drive. If you are in the mood for music and city fun, Nashville is only a 1.5 hour drive.
Leisure Lakehouse is located on a dead end large 3-lot point with a private circular driveway and a 2 car garage. Part of the property butts up to thickly wooded government property. It's from here that you will spot deer and wild turkeys venturing out into the open grassy meadow. There is plenty of parking for vehicles, boats, and RVs. The u-shaped drive makes for easy in and out access when pulling trailers.
The house sleeps 12 total. The master bedroom, located on the main floor, has awesome views of the lake and trees that let you enjoy the outdoors and wildlife while still lying in bed. The master bedroom also opens up to the deck for a fresh morning peek of the sunrise and the strolling waterfowl. Some mornings you will sight a few deer or a flock of turkeys, and the egrets and herons are always at the water's edge.
Upstairs, the spacious landing joins 2 more bedrooms separated by a full bath. The smaller bedroom makes a wonderful kids' room, with 2 sets of bunk beds and 3 game chairs. The larger bedroom has 2 queen beds and a small sleeper sofa. Both bedrooms have beautiful views of the lake.
Bdr 1 -King bed, Twin daybed, Twin trundle
Bdr 2 - 2 Queen beds, Twin sleeper sofa
Bdr 3- 2 Bunk beds, twin on top, full on bottom
Leisure Lakehouse offers tranquility and relaxation in a location convenient to the many activities and attractions in western Kentucky.
Member since: 2014
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- The Master Bedroom is on the main floor with a large private bath, walk-in closet, large windows with relaxing views of water and trees, plus a walk-out door to the deck. The master bedroom has 1 King bed with a daybed and trundle (2 twins). This spacious room is a peaceful and romantic couple's retreat, but it also works well for a couple with 2 young children. 2 bedrooms and a full bath are located upstairs. There is also a spacious landing and lots of closet space. The dormers in each bedroom provide an interesting play area. One large bedroom has 2 queen beds, a twin sleeper sofa, and lots of space. (Linens for sleeper sofa are located in bedroom closet.) The second upstairs bedroom has 2 bunk beds. On each, the top is a twin/single, and the bottom is full/double size. This makes for a great kids' room. A sectional sofa in the living room can also function as a sleeping space. All bedrooms have ceiling fans....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The master bathroom has a luxurious wheelchair accessible walk-in shower, 2 sinks, sitting area, and walk-in closet. Also on the main level is a half bath. Upstairs the full bath is centrally located between the 2 bedrooms. Towels and hand soap are provided, and a hair dryer is located in each full bath. Remember to pack your personal toiletries. ...moreless
- Lake Barkley water levels fluctuate throughout the seasons. As a controlled lake, the water is higher in summer than winter. The water level around our dock during spring/summer pool is about 3-5 feet. Shallow draft boats are advisable if you plan to secure your boat to the dock. The water level drops significantly in the off season. This lower water level does make for some fantastic wildlife sightings, including lots of deer and wild turkeys!...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
You will see an abundance of egrets, herons, ducks, and jumping fish. The eagles and owls frequent the trees on the property. It is also common to sight many deer and wild turkeys on the property....moreless
Our property has 1)a protected woodland area that is home to a variety of animals 2)open grassy land right at water's edge (perfect for launching our kayaks) 3)a dock for fishing/boating 4)shade trees...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
Kayak / Canoe:
Four kayaks available for use (with signed release). One Kayak seats 3 people (2 adults and one child, or three teens). Three kayaks seat 1 person each. Life vests and paddles are provided....moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Water Sports Gear:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 8 - Nov 30, 2016
2 night min stay
Dec 1 - Feb 28, 2017
2 night min stay
Mar 1 - May 23, 2017
2 night min stay
May 24 - Aug 12, 2017
3 night min stay
2017 Solar Eclipse
Aug 13 - Aug 27, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $125 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 10%
4 kayaks are included in the rental rate. * Payment and Rental Agreement are required to hold your dates. * Directions and entry instructions will be provided about 1 week before check-in. * Holiday weekends are 3 night minimum stay at standard rate. * Weekly rental only for July 4th. INQUIRE ABOUT SMALL GROUP DISCOUNTS
Lake Barkley water levels are controlled by the Army Corp of Engineers. Water levels are higher during spring and summer. Water levels around the dock are affected by the Army Corp's decisions as well as the amount of rainfall.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cadiz is a clean and friendly town that is known for its antiquing and annual Ham Festival. Be sure to look for all the colorful pigs located along Main St and in front of many businesses and residences. Cadiz is where you will find your basic supplies, and it is the town that is the gateway to Land Between the Lakes. Be sure to spend time exploring all that this area has to offer, including the elk and bison reserve, the planetarium, and a variety of family friendly amusements.
Marinas are located nearby. For boat rentals, you will want to visit Prizer Point Marina or Barkley Lake State Park Resort.
Marinas: The closest marina is Moon River Marina Resort at 3025 Rockcastle Road, Cadiz. About 3 miles by boat and 8 miles by car.
Lake Barkley State Resort Park at 3500 State Park Road, Cadiz, is 5.90 miles by boat and 14.75 miles by car.
The closest public boat launch is Meschan Bridge Ramp at 3732 Kentucky 274, Cadiz. 2.5 miles by boat and 7.50 miles by car.
Prizer Point Marina is a 15 minute drive.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: We are looking forward to retirement on Lake Barkley. We have a few years to go, but we decided to try the leisure life a couple of weeks out of the year. As working folks, we don't get as much time to enjoy the property as we would like.
Why the Owner Chose Cadiz, KY, USA:
We purchased Leisure Lakehouse in Spring of 2014. Although we have family a couple of hours north, we are just getting to know the Lake area. We wanted a retirement home in a resort-like setting that was close enough for family gatherings. This spacious home and property is perfectly situated for a large number of people to have a great deal of fun. We wanted a place that was private and peaceful, but close enough to amenities and friendly faces.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
When we first saw this place, there was a big owl sitting in a tree off the deck. We knew it was a good sign. On that same day, we were awed by the multitude and variety of birds and jumping fish. This house is unique with its huge deck that puts you face to face with the singing birds in the trees. We enjoy watching the ducks and herons take their morning stroll as we sip cups of coffee. In evenings, we like to grill something juicy and watch the fading sunlight play on the water. The master bedroom is a favorite of ours for its ample space and large windows. The views are magnificent and calming. What a great way to wake up in the morning. Perhaps that's why we named our house the Leisure Lakehouse. We find that when we are here, all the stress dissipates. It is a terrific vacation spot, and for us it will be the ultimate retirement location.
- Primary: 951-551-4760 We will return your call or text within a day.
Enjoy the lake life!
Kayaking off property shoreline. 4 kayaks included with rental agreement.
Fully stocked kitchen. New hickory cabinets & solid surface counter-top
Dining room. Views to the lake. New hickory hardwood floors.
Gas log fireplace for colder weather.
Corner of covered wrap-around deck. Nice place to watch the sunrise!
Master bedroom on main level. Peaceful lake views. Convenient master bathroom.
Upstairs large bedroom. 2 queen beds, twin sleeper sofa. Views to the lake!
4 kayaks, paddles, life vests included with rental. 2 car garage w/door openers
Table settings for 12. New fridge has ice-maker & filtered water.
Upstairs full bath leading out to landing. Bath linens provided.
Large circular driveway for easy in and out. Plenty of room for several vehicles
Covered wrap-around deck is a great gathering place. Seating for 15+
50' private dock with relaxing bench. Ladder to launch kayaks or swim.
Remodeled kitchen with center island & eat-at counter/bar. Large pantry.
Lake views! Sectional can convert to sleeping space. DISH TV, Blu-ray , foosball
1 comfy reclining sofa, 1 sofa sectional, built-in speakers for your iPod.
Large master bedroom. King bed. Daybed&trundle.Walk-out door to deck. Lake views
Upstairs bedroom. 2 bunk beds. Double on bottom, twin on top. Views to the lake.
Relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature.
Side of Leisure Lakehouse. Gas BBQ grill on corner of deck. Gentle slope to lake
Spacious upstairs landing between bedrooms. A few family games & books provided.
Pelicans migrate through the area in late winter!
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, October 28, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM