Luxurious Hideaway in the Cool Appalachians(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
4/5 bedrooms, 4-1/2 baths + separate cottage. Pool (summer only), Spa
Spend a weekend or a week at Huntcliff Lodge and come away refreshed by the comfort and the cool mountain air. Enjoy the swimming pool and the spa. Cook out on the grill on the ample deck. Take a stroll on the property to see the towering pines and hardwoods. Sit and read by the clear waters of the Tesnatee River tumbling over rocks or go fishing. Take a jaunt to one of the nearby vineyards or check out the attractions of Dahlonega with its fine dining, handicrafts and country festivals. Huntcliff sparkles in spring, offers cool comfort in the summer, a spectacular fall and cozy winters, curled up by the fire.
NOTICE:: THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
SORRY, FRATERNITY PARTIES NOT ACCEPTED.
SORRY, FIREARMS AND FIREWORKS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT HUNTCLIFF
Here are some of the principal features of Huntcliff Lodge
• About 1-1/2 hours (75mi) from Atlanta
• Secluded location
• Swimming pool suitable for laps (44 feet long) Closed in winter.
• Hot tub next to pool
• 5 bedrooms – Sleeps up to 10.
• Den with fireplace
• Three fireplaces and a fire pit for the cold months
• Plenty of space for lounging, small meetings, fun + games
• 4-1/2 baths
• Wireless internet + phone service
• Air conditioning and Heating
• Close to several wineries, State Parks, Hiking trails Including Appalachian Trail.
• Stereo and satellite TV
• Exercise Equipment
• Screened-in Porch
• Gazebo by the River
• Large, sunny deck with Weber grill
• All linens, towels, dishes and cookware provided
• Gourmet kitchen with premium appliances
Consumables that we provide: toilet paper, paper towels, some spices and condiments, dishwasher detergent, hand soap, laundry detergent, matches, firewood, gas for Weber grill.
What ISN'T provided: Food
Member since: 2014
- Chateau / Country House
- 2450 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- > FIREARMS and FIREWORKS NOT PERMITTED. > NO HUNTING ON PROPERTY > KEEP PETS ON LEASH AND CLEAN UP AFTER THEM. > NO SMOKING INDOORS. > NO FRATERNITY PARTIES. Off the property, many activities (hiking, biking). Dining nearby in Dahlonega or Helen. Check www. Dahlonega.org for ideas. Several vineyards near the property have wine tasting. Many host weddings and other events. http://www.georgiawine.com/georgia-wineries or http://georgiamountainscabin.com/wineriesnorthgeorgia.htm The property is located minutes from the Chattahoochee National Forest for hiking, picnicking many hiking trails Check out this website: http://www.theblueridgehighlander.com/hiking_trails/north_georgia/index.php Whttp://www.aboutnorthgeorgia.com/ang/Waterfalls_of_North_Georgia & http://www.jjanthony.com/waterfalls http://www.theblueridgehighlander.com/waterfalls/north_georgia/index.php For scenic vistas:http://www.aboutnorthgeorgia...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 - May 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 30 - Jul 4, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 5, 2017
3 night min stay
Oct 6 - Oct 10, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 9 - Nov 13, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 29 - Jul 5, 2018
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- SERVICE CHARGE $0
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning Fee (7+ Guests) $300 + tax
- Pet Fee $40 + tax
- Cleaning Fee (up to 6) $175 + tax
- Optional Charge heated Spa $100 + tax
- Tax Rate 14%
NO FIREARMS OR FIREWORKS PERMITTED ON THE PROPERTY. VIOLATORS MAY FORFEIT ALL OR PART OF THE DAMAGE DEPOSIT.
NO SMOKING INDOORS
SORRY, NO FRATERNITY PARTIES
Cancellation Policy: 30+ days before check-in: full refund. . . . 15 - 30 days before check-in 50% refund;
Less than 15 days before check-in: no refund.
$375.00 / night
Cleaning fee: $175 (6 or fewer), $300 (7 or more guests)
SPA Use Please advise owner in advance. $100 surcharge.
$450 a night for Memorial Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, $400 Fall Foliage Season.
$2,300.00 a week for standard pricing
Contact owner for special events such as receptions. No events for which admission is charged.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Groceries and other services are available in Cleveland or Dahlonega, each about 8 miles away. The pool is closed during late fall, early spring and winter months.
Kids will love the Dahlonega railway, a gold mine roller coaster at the Six-Flags Theme Park. Helen, Georgia is about 1/2 hour away and has a Bavarian theme with many restaurants, tubing and other attractions.
Please note: Huntcliff has room to accommodate up to 10 guests comfortably. Children are counted as guests regardless of age.
Please note that firearms and fireworks are not permitted at Huntcliff and guests may forfeit the damage deposit if they use them.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: Growing up, we always loved the woods of the North Georgia Mountains. We have travelled all over the world but always come back to North Georgia. You will too.
Why the Owner Chose Cleveland, GA, USA:
We use the house ourselves and rent it to discerning, respectful guests who appreciate its beauty, charm and comfort and enjoy the privacy, peace and quiet.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Huntcliff Lodge is in a wooded hollow and is secluded and private. The Tesnatee river at your doorstep offers scenic beauty and the sound of clear, rushing water. The main house accommodates 7 guests and the adjoining 'Gingerbread House' offers privacy and room for 3 more with a kitchenette and private bath. There is room for gatherings and also to spread out for private conversations, meditation or reading.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Huntcliff by Night: House and Pool
Great Room and Dining Area
Loft w. King-size Bed & private bath.
Bedroom, Queen Bed.
The 'office.' Single bed, Private bath.
Screened Porch. Great for dining al fresco
Inside Gingerbread House. 1 Queen and 1 single bed.
Pool & Spa. Gazebo in background
Arriving: House on Left, Cottage on Right
The house by day. Pool is in foreground
Downstairs Living Area
Bedroom Queen Bed
Exercise and TV Room. (has elliptical trainer & recumbent bike)
Peeking into the Gingerbread House.
Kitchenette in Gingerbread House
Pool and Spa
Looking down at the Pool from the Deck
Tesnatee River (on the property)
Fire pit at riverside; Tell Ghost Stories & Toast Marshmellows Here
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.