|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Stay in the heart of New Orleans in this circa 1905 Uptown home. Two blocks from the Streetcar line, walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and Uptown Mardi Gras parade route!
Close to everything NOLA has to offer! Walking distance to shopping, restaurants and the streetcar line. Walkscore of 88. Please note - the room price does increase on the weekend and during local special events.
King size bed; Guests have access to private entrance, private bath, wireless internet, Direct TV
Since you have a separate entrance, our interaction will be very limited and on an as needed basis. I'm always here if you need any assistance, have questions, or want more information on our great city!
This part of Uptown is a quiet, family friendly neighborhood. We're within walking distance of bars, restaurants, and attractions.
The Saint Charles Ave streetcar is within walking distance. The Streetcar can be taken to the majority of landmarks in NOLA - the Superdome, French Quarter, And City Park to name a few!
We'll make every attempt to make your stay as comfortable as possible. As frequent travelers, we know the importance of feeling comfortable, safe, and happy when away from home. We'll furnish fresh linens, towels, washcloths, soaps, and lotions and will be happy to help with anything else that will help to make your trip a memorable one!
We were in NOLA for as wedding and wanted a vacation rental of some sort. This place is situated a couple of blocks from the St. Charles streetcar line and just a few more blocks from some good food (Manhattan Jack's for a casual breakfast and La Crêpe Nanou for dinner). We chose it partly because it was one of the few with a king bed. Charlie met us when we arrived, and he was very helpful. He provides a three-ring binder with lots of good information. I'm not a fan of humidity (a NOLA feature!), and the A/C took off the edge. Why not a fifth star?
- Most vacation rentals at which we've stayed have a kitchen of some sort. Awesome (for want of a better name) does not; there is a just coffee maker and a small fridge. Which is why I referred to it as a "room" in the title.
- The furniture consists of the bed and a couch. There is no desk. To use the laptop, I had to put it on my lap while I sat on the couch. There is a table out in the foyer; I suppose I could have used it, but I didn't.
- The house is about a hundred years old, which means that there are fewer electrical outlets than in a modern house. My wife and I both use CPAPs, and we had to get Charlie to rearrange some wires and power strips to hook them up. Once he took care of it, there was no problem. (Side note: There is only one bedside table; it would be good to have one on both sides of the bed.)
- The floors come with the house, and thus they too are almost a century old. Some of the boards sit lower than the adjacent boards, which means that there is a sharp edge to look out for. Barefoot people beware.
All of the above notwithstanding, we had a very pleasant stay at Awesome, and I'm sure you will too.
(P.S. If you're a senior, don't forget the forty-cent fare on the streetcars.)
We stayed on last weekend of Jazz Fest. Very comfortable room in beautiful neighborhood-( Lot's of construction going on nearby but we didn't feel it disturbed us) Parking available right near entrance, any questions or needs were met quickly and respectfully by owner. Easy walk to streetcar and short drive to many yummy restaurants!
We loved staying at this rental. The location was great for walking around to explore or jumping on the trolley. Highly recommend! We would love to stay here again.
The location of the apartment was perfect. We were able to leave our car parked and use the streetcar or walk everywhere we wanted to go. Charlie, the owner, made himself available to us and was extremely helpful. He has a very well organized notebook with all you need to know!
The unit was clean and had all the essentials. There was a basket of snacks and a small coffee pot. We found many great restaurants that were within walking distance. We would definitely return.
This was our first time to NOLA so first impressions are everything. Charlie was very accommodating allowing us to drop our stuff early to avoid having to haul it around the city. The place was clean, beautiful and easy walking distance to two forms of transportation. They even left a 3 ring binder with all the info you would ever want to know about whats what in the area. We will definitely recommend this location to others. Thanks for the great weekend!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 17 2017 - Feb 28 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$150|
This is a non-smoking property indoors or outside on the property non-negotiable. Guests are expected to treat the home as if it is their own. No house parties, stay is limited to two adults - children are welcome. No loud music after 10pm. Max of 2 adult guest.
Although we want to be accommodating to our wonderful guests, check in and check out times must be strictly observed. Early check in requests (prior to 3:00
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.