Historic Old Economy Village Property - from $115-$150/Night(2 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Our National Historic Register Home Provides Ideal Accomodations for Your Stay!
Our goal is to provide a comfortable, casual, homey location in our recently refurbished home, which is spotless and easy to enjoy. New central heat and air make it very comfortable. Prepare your own meals, kick back and watch TV. We provide Comcast Blast WIFI high speed internet and HBO. Grill out on the covered patio and porch and relax. Bring your own yard games to set up on the grassy lawn in back (croquet and badminton would be fun.) To enjoy all the activities offered by Old Economy Village, visit www.oldeconomyvillage.org.
We have off-street parking for two vehicles and street parking as well (ticketed fines for obstruction of Monday street sweeping.) The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove and a new fridge and microwave oven. The kitchen door leads to a covered porch and patio where a gas grill and outdoor seating are provided for your enjoyment. Back inside, our dining room seats six easily around an oval dining table. Our fully furnished kitchen includes coffee maker, toaster, flatware, dishes and glass ware for eight, as well as cooking utensils and cookware. Iron and ironing board provided too. Contact our manager, Paula, at 479 667-2368 to reserve.
Our location is handily located only 13 miles from Pittsburgh International Airport, and if you'd like to tour Pittsburgh or attend events or venues there, it isn't too far. We are only 25.7 miles from the Zoo and Aquarium, 16 miles from PNC Park for Pirates games or to see the Steelers play, or to visit the National Aviary. Coming in from OH? We're just 50 miles from Youngstown.
We welcome vacationers, as well as corporate/executive and long-term rentals. Please call for details.
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2004
- Max. occupancy 8
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Three upstairs bedrooms sleep 6. Rates based on number of bedrooms occupied. An additional two people may sleep on the sleeper sofa downstairs. No other parties will share your rental dates. Bedrooms are rented separately to help you have a budget-friendly vacation. Rent only the rooms you need from 1@$115/night, 2-3@/$150/night. There is a $150 refundable security/damage deposit. Long-term rental rate is $1,750 per month with $200 cleaning fee and a refundable $350 security/damage deposit. Long term rental includes all utilities (electric, gas, sewer, water) plus internet, cable, lawn care and access to washer and dryer facilities. We do not furnish sheets or pillowcases for the twin beds or the queen sleeper sofa, or bath linens for occupants of those sleep spaces. We furnish bed and bath linen for the four occupants of the two queen bedrooms....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- One full bath upstairs/bath linen for four guests.
- Events: small gatherings and intimate parties may be permitted with the owner's approval. We are aware that families of bridal couples may rent the home and wish to entertain there. An additional cleaning fee may be required for such events. Rates: 1 bdrm/$115/night, 2-3 bedrooms/$150/night. Bring your own linen if occupying bedroom 3 (two twins) and the queen sleeper sofa. We do not furnish sheets, pillowcases or towels for those occupants. Refundable security/damage deposit of $150. Long term rental rate is $1,750 per month, $200 cleaning fee and refundable $350 security/damage deposit. Long term rental includes all utilities (electric, gas, sewer, water) plus internet, cable, lawn care and access to washer/dryer facilities. Cancellations: cancellations 45 days before occupancy will be refunded monies paid with a deduction of $150 security and damage deposit. After 45 days from occupancy date equitable stay dates will be made available, but monies are not refundable...moreless
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Deck / Patio:
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 5 months. You can contact the manager for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Old Economy Village, established in 1824, is noted as the home of the 19th century Christian communal group, The Harmony Society. Historic reenactments of the lifestyle of the early German settlers, tours of restored properties of the Harmonists and special demonstrations and seasonal festivals and celebrations are part of the attraction here. Old Economy House is well situated to take advantage of all the village offers. Next door to the Visitor Center and Museum, we provide a great home-base from which to explore the area. We are also an ideal location for wedding parties to stay as the picturesque village is in high demand as a wedding venue. Summer day camps for the kids are another draw at this living history site.
Located about 20 miles NW of Pittsburgh and 50 miles SE of Youngstown, OH, the village makes for an easy weekend getaway just a short distance from the city. PIT International Airport is only 13 miles away. We're a convenient location for area corporations and businesses to rent as executive quarters for visits by out of town execs or consultants While you're in the area be sure to try our local eateries. Find a list of them here: http://oldeconomyvillage.org/plan-your-visit/places-to-eat/
Welcome to Old Economy House in Ambridge, PA
Next door is the Visitor Center & Museum and we have off street parking too
Gas stove and oven, micro, island, china cabinet, sink
Kitchen has plenty of work space
The Yellow Bedroom Dresser
The Twin Room - Bed A
Most of the bathroom is visible here.
Recently renovated covered patio and porch.
View of the Visitor Center and Museum from the kitchen window.
Our historic home in Ambridge
Enjoy our comfortable TV room.
Spacious dining room
Fridge, toaster oven, gas stove and oven, microwave, island
The Yellow Bedroom Queen
The Walnut Room Queen
The Twin Room - Bed B
Bathroom Tub and Toilet
The museum/visitor center is next door.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, April 28, 2017
- Response time Within 12 hours
- Response rate 90%
- Calendar last updated 11/16/2016
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.