Large Luxury Home in Carlsbad, Resort Style Backyard, Private Pool & Spa, Bbq,(7 Reviews)
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4300 sqft home near the ocean, sunset views, great pool & spa! 4 BR 3 B plus!
Living and Dining Rooms
- Formal dining room, w/table for 10, opens to outdoor patio w/pool & waterfall
Kitchen / Family Room
- Gourmet kitchen with expansive 4’ X 10’ granite bar
- Kitchen table and bar stools for 8
- Family room with 60' HDTV and large gas fireplace
Large Game Room (20’ X 27’)
- TV, Pool Table, Video Games (Wii)
- Toys and Games for the kids
- Game Table and Bar
Backyard Pool, Spa & Patios
- Heated Pool in a private, beautifully landscaped yard
- Large Spa for the whole family
- Safety fence available (sets up in minutes!)
- Waterfall and extensive outdoor lighting
- Covered patio with table for 8, gourmet BBQ and patio refrigerator
- Second private patio, lounges & chairs
- Ocean sunset views from yard and master balcony.
Bedrooms: sleeps 9 plus (13 max, 9 in beds)
Sleeps 9 in beds plus full size crib, port-a-crib and inflatable mattresses w/bedding
#1 - Master Bedroom with TV, large fireplace & private balcony, ocean sunsets (queen bed)
#2 - Guest Bedroom - with queen bed (plus full size crib)
#3 - Guest Bedroom - with queen bed (plus port-a-crib)
#4 - Guest Bedroom - bunk bed for 3 (double bottom plus single top bunk)
PLUS: Game Room is ideal for inflatable mattresses!
#1 - Master Bathroom - w/shower
#2 - Guest Bathroom - tub & shower
#3 - Downstairs Bathroom - shower
Amenities: This is our home so it comes fully furnished and ready for you to use to make your visit relaxing and fun!
- Fully equipped kitchen with basic supplies ready to use.
- Coffee maker with filters
- Large refrigerator/freezer w/icemaker
- Six-burner gas cook top
- Dining table pad and tablecloth
- Two highchairs
- Grilling utensils
- All linens and towels
- Hairdryer in each bath
- Washer & dryer
- Pool floats, chairs & toys
- Plastic ware for poolside or outdoor dining
- Plastic wine and margarita glasses
- Cable TV, WiFi
- DVD & CD Players, Stereo
- Pool table
- Wii video console & games
- Kids toys galore
- Loft office with large desk
- Wireless Internet
- Four bicycles
- Beach chairs, pads & beach umbrella
- Two coolers
- AC but you seldom need it our coastal region of San Diego County!
Area Attractions & Activities
- Convenient shopping center (grocery, restaurants, movie theatre, coffee shop, etc.)
- Encinitas & Carlsbad beaches – 5-10 minutes
- Great surfing, swimming & beach activities
- Legoland – 5 minutes
- Outlet Mall Shopping – 5 minutes
- Carlsbad Flower Fields – 5 minutes
- La Costa and Aviara Golf Resorts – 5 minutes
- Bataquitos Lagoon walking trails – 5 minutes
- Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds – 20 minutes
- San Diego Airport, Attractions & Beaches – 30 minutes
(Sea World, Mission Bay, SD Padres & Chargers, San Diego Zoo & Safari Park, Naval Tours, Del Coronado Hotel, La Jolla, Torrey Pines Golf Resort and more)
- Wine Country – Temecula – 60 minutes
- John Wayne Airport & Orange County Attractions and Beaches – 60 minutes
(Disneyland, Angel Stadium, San Clemente, Laguna, Newport and Huntington Beach)
- Ideal for Kids and Family Gatherings!
- No Smoking (inside or patios)
- No Pets Allowed
- No Weddings or Large Receptions
'Our family needed more than a hotel room, so we stayed at this beautiful Carlsbad home for a whole week and loved it! It was convenient to all the San Diego favorites for our family - the Zoo, the Beach and Legoland. Our three kids felt like they had moved into paradise with the toys, the huge Game Room and the 'Island themed' kid's bedroom with its bunk beds and pictures from Hawaii! We loved using the grill and watching the sunsets from the Master balcony. We especially appreciated the easy-to-use 'safety fence' for the pool area since our kids were just learning to swim. Overall, it was the best vacation location we've ever used. The owners were great to work with and they went out of their way to serve our family. The home is better than the pictures!'
J.& B. Rose - Escondido, CA
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Member since: 2014
- 4300 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 9-11
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 27 - Sep 2, 2017
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee $200
- Tax Rate 10%
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
See my property description for details on the major attractions nearby!
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: This house is not just a house, it is our home! We love it, love our community and love sharing it with our growing family of three kids, all married, and seven grandkids. It is remodeled to make it a great place for family to 'come together' and relax! We have decided to share it with others who need a great place to come together in S. California. I am a pastor and an author who travels to train busy leaders in life management principles. My wife and I have been married for 40 joyful years. If interested in renting our dream home for your family, contact us and we'll talk!
Why the Owner Chose Carlsbad, CA, USA:
We have lived in three parts of California, after moving here from the midwest in 1989. Let me assure you, it doesn't get any better than Carlsbad, CA with its great year round weather, beautiful beaches and close access to all the fun of S. California!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our sunsets over the ocean are incredible when viewed from the balcony of the Master Suite with a nice glass of wine! And the pool and spa are so secluded you will feel like you have your own private world in the midst of North San Diego County. The large plumeria and hibiscus around the spa and pool will make you think you are in Hawaii. Our home was built for relaxation and family fun.
- Primary: 1-714-926-6486
- Secondary: 1-714-926-9438
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Pool, spa and waterfall from the balcony!
The unique front entrance welcomes you and your family.
The Dining Room seats 10 plus high chairs for our grandkids or yours.
Kitchen view of the Family Room across a 4' by 10' granite bar.
Kitchen granite bar has countertop high stools for conversations with the cook!
Loft Office space provides a great workplace IF YOU MUST do a little work!
Game Room (20' X 27') has its own bar, beams and skylights.
Master Bedroom balcony enjoys ocean sunsets.
Bedroom #2 with queen bed, window seat and full size crib for little ones.
Upstairs guest bathroom with two sinks, shower and tub.
Covered patio, bbq grill, 4 side burners, refrigerator, bar stools & table for 8
Large spa flanked by hibiscus and plumerias is family-sized for great fun.
Immaculate 'Tudor' style home with 4300 sqft and backyard pool and spa.
Large Living Room with vaulted beamed ceiling adjoins the formal Dining. Room.
Family Room features leather to relax on, a 60' HDTV and large fireplace.
Kitchen and Family Rooms unite to provide great space for the family.
Downstairs bath with shower (see the mirror!).
Kids of 'all ages' enjoy the 'Game Room' with its TV, Games, Pool Table & toys.
Master Bdrm with cherry poster bed, fireplace, looks to the ocean in the morning
Master Bath trimmed in Italian marble with separate shower & make-up vanity.
Bedroom #3 overlooks the pool - Queen bed plus port-a-crib if needed.
Bedroom #4 is made for kids or adults with a double bunk below, a single above.
Pool, large spa, waterfall and beautiful lights at night for outdoor dining.
A second covered patio with lounge chairs overlooks the pool.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.