About the property
- Chalet2500 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Beautiful chalet with large cathedral windows and views to mountains and lake!
Large chalet luxuriously furnished located at the Coosawatee River resort in the Georgia Mountains with incomparable mountain and lake views. The chalet is ideal for a romantic vacation, a fun trip with a group of friends and delightful place for children. PLEASE ASK FOR OUR HONEYMOON AND ANNIVERSARY PACKAGES!!!
Surrounded by two acres of trees and sitting on the top of a mountain, the chalet offers complete comfort, privacy, quiet and beautiful surroundings. Guests can enjoy outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, rafting and tubing down the Coosawattee River, in addition to amenities that range from indoor and outdoor swimming pools, river parks, weight room, game rooms, miniature golf, horse shoe pits, tennis courts and basketball courts and Pickle Ball.
The city of Ellijay with its charming shops and wonderful restaurants is easily reached by car in less than 15 minutes drive. BlueRidge offers additional shopping and high-scale dinning options and is about 30 minutes drive.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
About Suzel Jones
I live in Atlanta with my husband and we bought this house to enjoy time with our daughters, in-laws and grandchildren. I grew up in Brazil and moved to the USA many years ago after marrying an American. Georgia is my home and I absolutely love the mountains, outdoor activities and spending time with my family.
Suzel Jones purchased this Chalet in 2013
Why Suzel Jones chose Ellijay
We bought this property because of its location and size. Our primary goal was to have a place to be with family and have plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy with them. The house offers the privacy we were looking for, the views that we 'required' -- mountain and lake views and size to accomodate the family most times.
What makes this Chalet unique
The views of the place are amazing. We can either enjoy our dinners outside looking at stunning mountain and lake views, or we can go to a gourmet restaurant at no more than six miles distance. All seasons offer different views and beauty and it is just 70 miles from Atlanta, which allows us to go for weekends without spending long hours in the car.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:30 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beautifully furnished relaxing Chalet!
Was not disappointed when we entered the Chalet. Felt like home! Had a very relaxing few day exploring the area. Would definitely recommend this property!!
Great mountain retreat!
Very nice mountaintop home overlooking a pond. Close to Amicolola Falls and Blue Ridge. Kitchen is equipped for cooking or outdoor grilling, with an outdoor deck and table for dining. Master bed/bath is spacious. Owners and caretakers were very helpful. Nice pool and tennis courts on property. Follow her directions rather than your GPS.
Thanks a lot for your review! It was a pleasure to have you! Please come back to see us!
Relaxing & Romantic Getaway
Must follow the directions from the owner-do not use Apple maps. My husband and I had a fabulous time at this beautiful cabin. A much needed getaway for us! We enjoyed cuddling up by the fireplace, cooking in the fully-stocked kitchen and a wine-tasting at one of the local vineyards. We will definitely be back. The owner, Suzel, was very helpful and responsive.
Overall, very nice
It wasn't as big as we thought, but it was nice. There was some art that was risque, but other than that it was nice. The surrounding area is beautiful!
Owner was quick to respond to messages.
Background – we stayed at the Chalet in December and it was quite cold outside while we were there (nights in the 20s). Overall it was a nice place to stay and we enjoyed it.
• The home is a decent size and has room for 6 people to sleep comfortably. There are some extra sofa/day beds but as far as bedroom space, 6 people fit comfortably
• The location is somewhat private (see note in negatives).
• The REC center was good. The pool was very big and the children spent hours swimming. The pool temperature was very comfortable.
• We also enjoyed playing mini-golf and tennis which were included in the rental.
• Shopping/restaurants are fairly close and there are a number of things to do.
• The owners were fairly responsive to questions.
• The basement was cool, even with the space heater running.
• Though the house is somewhat isolated, the Master bedroom/bathroom windows face such a way that you can see in from the road/a house above. This might not be an issue during the summer with leaves on the trees/vegetation, but at night in the middle of winter anyone can see 1/2 or more of the master bed and bath rooms if the lights are on. The whirlpool/tub is right below one of these windows. There are no curtains/shades.
• There are a couple pieces of inappropriate art. I don’t care if they are by some well-known artist, they aren’t appropriate. We immediately took them down and placed them against a wall in the MBR.
• The kitchen is not overly well stocked with baking pans. It has a number of sauce pans but not a very large variety. Just be aware if you plan to actually make meals.
We really enjoyed our stay at this beautiful home! It was clean and has everything you need to enjoy your stay and unwind. Suzel was great! Hope we are able to comeback soon and enjoy nature and the tranquility of the home.
Thanks a lot for your review! It was a pleasure to have you! Please come back! Regards, Suzel Jones
The resort is located a few miles outside of Ellijay, Georgia in the beautiful Georgia Mountains, just a short drive from Chattanooga, TN and Murphy, NC. Inside of a 5,500 plus acre development consisting of gorgeous landscapes divided by 12 miles of the beautiful Coosawattee River, the resort is home to wildlife of all descriptions -- deer, wild turkeys, bears, eagles, hawks and more, along with a well stocked fishing pond for your enjoyment. With over 170 miles of paved and gravel roads that can take you from urban congestion to primitive wilderness in minutes, the resort offers breathtaking views, noisy river lots, beautiful amenities, relaxing parks and much, much more!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
If a refundable deposit is preferable instead of damage protection insurance, please contact us and we will make pertinent arrangements for our guests.