Stay right on the Willamette riverfront. Located 8.5 miles from the center of downtown Portland, we offer this luxurious 3BR/2BA waterfront Ground Floor Suite. Enjoy a private living room, full kitchen and dining in the Ground Floor Suite at the PDX Anchor House Chateau. Luxuries include Wifi, in-room Washer/Dryer, air conditioning, granite countertops, solid cherry floors and custom cherry cabinets.
The Ground Floor Suite will comfortably accommodate 6 guests:
• Master B/R with Queen Bed (2 guests). Attached Master bath with tub/shower. This bathroom includes 2nd door to living area.
• Bedroom #2 with Queen Bed (2 guests). Attached Bathroom #2 with tub/shower is private to this bedroom.
• Bedroom #3 with two Log Twin Beds (2 guests).
Convenient on-site parking for one car included. Please ask for details if you need parking for more than one car.
Your Ground Floor Suite is the entire ground level of the Chateau. Cooking and laundry amenities include:
• Your own full Kitchen with stove/oven, refrigerator, large sink, dishwasher and microwave.
• Your own large laundry room with washer & dryer.
• Natural gas BBQ on the patio.
Located just 15 minutes from the heart of downtown Portland on a dead end street. Its remarkably restful here: we sleep with the windows open during the summer and the ducks and geese tend to be the loudest residents.
All the Interior photographs show the amenities available exclusively for your use in the Ground Floor Suite. The Exterior photographs show the common areas available for your use and guests that may have reserved the 3BR/2BA Penthouse Suite at our Chateau. You will have a private entry door electronically keyed for your exclusive use. The Chateau Supply Room is in a back corner of the ground floor so we may occasionally need to access this area during your stay however you will be the only guests on this level of the Chateau.
There are 3 separate levels/suites at our spacious Chateau:
1) Ground level. The 3BR/2BA Ground Level Suite offered here.
2) Main level. The Caretaker Suite where we reside.
3) Penthouse Level. The 3BR/2BA Penthouse Suite (see VRBO Listing #596681).
If you have a larger party, we can offer both the Ground Level and Penthouse Suites to comfortably accommodate up to 12 guests: please check the calendar of each Suite for availability.
The PDX Anchor House Chateau is located:
• On the East bank of the Willamette River, just south of the Sellwood area of Portland. The Chateau faces due west so spectacular sunsets and the late evening sun are common.
• 600 ft from downtown Lake Oswego (across the river)
• In Clackamas County, where guests are NOT subject to the additional 11.5% Home Stay occupancy taxes found at most Portland (Multnomah County) short term rentals.
Electric Vehicle Charging:
• Convenient onsite high current 240VAC available to charge your Tesla, Leaf, etc.
• Equipped with Level 2 charging full 50 amp NEMA 6-50 and NEMA 14-50 EV Compatible receptacles
• 8.5 miles from the heart of downtown Portland’s skyscrapers (15 minutes)
• TriMet Bus line 4 blocks from Chateau, connects to MAX Orange Light Rail within 2 miles.
• Major grocery stores a mile away: Walmart, Fred Meyer, etc.
• Dozens of restaurants and fast food 1-3 miles away
• Airport shuttle service available. Airport is 19 miles, approximately 25 minutes drive.
You’ll probably want a car to stay here if you’re on a schedule. The TriMet bus line is only 4 blocks away, which whisks you to Portland's new MAX Light Rail Orange Line within a couple miles, and so you are probably 30-45 minutes or more away from downtown Portland by bus + light rail. Car commutes are 15-25 minutes to much of Portland. Renting a car will allow you to take in the spectacular local sights: don't miss the Columbia Gorge, Multnomah Falls, Horsetail Falls, Crown Point, wine country, whitewater river rafting, air ballooning, the zipline, horseback riding, a day trip to Astoria, etc.
***************************** WEDDINGS & EVENTS ********************************
We get frequent inquiries regarding weddings: it's a beautiful, serene location here on the river.
However, due to insurance restrictions, we do NOT allow weddings, receptions, showers, ... or any events onsite.
No pets & no smoking, please. Sorry: no exceptions to our pet & smoking policy. Guests with allergies can be assured your Suite has been pet and smoke free.