Smoke-Free, Pet-Free House(44 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Super clean and quiet retreat in Louisville, Kentucky
Visitors with allergies to cigarette smoke or pet dander will appreciate that we do not allow smoking (not even e-cigarettes) or pets at this property. The house is sparkling clean and well stocked to make visitors feel right at home:
* Off-street parking in driveway
* Fireplace with new vent-free gas logs
* 2 comfortable, queen-size beds with good mattresses and pillows and high thread-count, 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
* Towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner
* 52" plasma television
* High-speed internet
* Roku with Netflix, etc.
* Kitchen with everything you need to prepare and serve a meal (no deep frying please). We kept it old school with no dishwasher.
* Tea Kettle
* Refrigerator, electric stove/oven, toaster oven, microwave, blender
* Washer and dryer
* Hanging rack for drip-dry clothing or wet beach towels
* Ironing board and professional steam iron
* Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, playing cards and poker chips
* Ping pong
Whether you're here on business or just for fun, you'll appreciate our off-street parking and easy access to anywhere in Louisville. We're five minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from downtown. Here's where we're situated:
* 2 miles from Louisville International Airport, Churchill Downs, Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Jim Patterson Stadium
* 2.2 miles from Iroquois Amphitheater and (in the fall) the Jack O'Lantern Spectacular, a 1/4-mile walking trail lit at night by 5,000 carved pumpkins!
* 2.5 miles from Speed Art Museum and University of Louisville
* 3 miles from Kentucky Exposition Center/Fairgrounds and St. James Court in Old Louisville
* 5 miles from NULU, Actors Theatre of Louisville, Louisville Zoo, YUM! Center, Fourth Street Live!, and Kentucky International Convention Center
* 5.5 miles from Louisville Slugger Museum, Muhammad Ali Center, Frazier History Museum, Louisville Science Center, and the Galt House Hotel
* 6 miles from Cave Hill Cemetary, Bardstown Road and the Highlands
* 7 miles from Louisville Waterfront Park and the Big Four Bridge
Entire house, including screened-in sunroom, patio with fire pit and table and chairs, and basement with washer and dryer and ping pong.
Interaction with Guests
We live next door and are available if you need anything or want some recommendations.
Beechmont is a beautiful, tree-lined neighborhood with interesting houses in the most culturally diverse part of Louisville. We've lived here for more than a decade and love our neighbors and our neighborhood!
The #4 TARC bus stops at the corner and goes all the way downtown to Main Street via Churchill Downs, University of Louisville, and Old Louisville.
Other Things to Note
Only registered guests allowed on premises (maximum 4) and no more than 2 vehicles. Off-street parking in driveway.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Dining Room
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- cleaning fee $40
Cancellation policy: Full refund of rental payment and security deposit if reservation is canceled 14 days before scheduled check-in date (except for the first week of May -- Kentucky Derby week -- when a 90-day notice of cancellation is required for a full refund).
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: My husband is a Louisville native and longtime barber, whose shop is right next door in our home. I've lived in the city for 30-plus years and love our beautiful neighborhood!
Why the Owner Chose Beechmont, Louisville, KY, USA:
We bought this house from our next-door neighbor and friend Kitty, who lived here until she was almost 98 years old! For several years, we used it as a guest house for out-of-town family and friends and then started offering it to other travelers, too. To us, it will always be known as "Kitty's house."
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Kitty's house is just a few minutes from I-65 and I-264, and you can take 3rd Street north through Old Louisville and be downtown in 10 minutes. We live right next door and are available if you have any questions or need a recommendation.
- Primary: 5029054871
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kittys decor is simple yet welcoming.
Relax on the nice leather seating in the living room.
painting in dining room
Enjoy a meal at the large dining room table.
Good pillows and nice linens make for a restful sleep.
The bathroom has the original tile. It shows its age but is sparkling clean!
Catch a cool evening breeze in the screened-in sunroom.
gorgeous front door
vintage architectural detail
gorgeous new vent-free gas logs to warm your bones this winter
Welcome to Kitty's house!
New vent-free gas logs take the chill off in colder months.
The kitchen has everything you need to cook & serve a meal (but no dishwasher).
Each bedroom has a comfortable, queen-size mattress and box springs.
We provide nice towels, shampoo, soap, and a hairdryer.
Enjoy a beverage or al fresco dining on the lovely patio.
This is the perfect spot for you and a good book on a rainy day.
the perfect writer's retreat
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.