|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Spend your vacation to Southern Utah in our Family 'Kanabin'. This beautiful house is centrally located in the middle of more than eight National Parks and Monuments including Zions, Bryce, Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Grand Staircase-Esclante, Pipe Spring National Monument, Glen Canyon and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
Kanab 'Little Hollywood' is also minutes from the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and there is even a museum housed in an actual cave. Lake Powell (Whaweap) is an hour away to the East and St. George is an Hour to the west.
This is a 5 bedroom, 3 bath house. All on one level. Sleeps 14 on Beds. Master has 1 Queen bed and full bathroom. 2 other bedrooms with queen beds, Bedroom with Full over Full Bunkbeds plus trundle, last bedroom currently has a twin bed and an infant bed. There is also a full sized futon in second living area.
Two of the bathrooms have Tub/shower combos. Third bathroom has a shower only. Full kitchen fully stocked which electric range, , oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster oven, coffee maker, blender, waffle/panini maker and many multiple sizes of pots and pans. There is a dining table that seats 6 + and 4 at the bar.
A BBQ grill is available outside on the back patio. Dish network is available on the Living Room TV. Additional TV in the Bedroom that can receive all the local stations. There is also a small TV/DVD/VCR combo in the back family room. There is also a Washer and Dryer for your convenience. Backyard has incredible views of the red cliffs.
Kanab is a beautiful place to visit year round, even in the winter. It has a mild-moderate change of seasons. It occasionally snows, though it is normally not very heavy and doesn't effect the roads and travel.
This home has central air conditioning and heating.
There is a swimming pool in town with a giant slide and there is a great park with a playground and water park.
You have access to 2 grocery stores/redbox many restaurants, movie theater and entertainment.
We are happy to have you stay at our family home and hope that you enjoy your time there.
We raised our family on a farm in Draper, UT. We fell in love with Kanab and all of the adventures that surround it.
Jeannie purchased this house in 1993
We had friends in Kanab and loved the red rocks and small town feel. We also love that it is so close to the Golf Course.
This house sleeps 14 people in beds and there are beautiful view of the famous red rocks. There is a large back yard for the family to play in and a large open kitchen that makes it easy to entertain the whole family. Located near 8 National parks, the Best Friends Animal Sactuary, Lake Powell and the Golf course.
Comfortable home. Clean and close to town. Met all our needs. Will definitely rent this home again when coming to Kanab.
We love the house, especially its location to Zion, Bryce as well as Antelope Canyon are only around 1.5 hours drive. Nice decoration of the rooms. Feels comfy during the stay and we all feels like home. Would recommend to those who plans to go travel to Zion and Bryce national park.
The house met our needs for a large vacationing family. I would recommend it to our friends.
We enjoyed our stay and felt it had everything we needed for comfort! There were 12 of us and we had plenty of comfortable sleeping spaces! Working with Jeannie was great too! Also the view of stars at night are beautiful!
We recently returned from our stay at the Kanabin and we loved it! The house is centrally located between Zion, Bryce, and Vermillion Cliffs. It's right off the main road and less than a mile away from the BLM Office. There's plenty of parking and in a very quiet location. Inside, there was lots of room. The kitchen was very well stocked, the large dining table and breakfast bar sat all eleven of us at dinner, and the living room had comfy couches. There were enough beds and bathrooms for all of us. We appreciated that the owners supplied the showers with shampoo & conditioner for those of us who forgot! It was very clean and had plenty of cleaning materials and equipment in case we needed it. The only issue we had was a leaky dishwasher, and the owner responded very quickly. All in all, we loved our stay and all agreed to come back soon!
We enjoyed our stay in this beautiful area. Our large party of 14 stayed here (and had Thanksgiving dinner for 20) comfortably.
Most important items to note:
Pro - Home is set up to house 2 families very easily with a split floor plan, and is set up comfortably.
Con - Communication with the owner is very difficult. Each time we wanted to speak with them before the trip, it took numerous attempts over a period of 3-4 days to finally reach them . While we were staying there, I texted her to let her know about the hand-mixer and dvd players not working. I was just informing her and didn't ask for anything to actually be done, but I never received an acknowledgement of any kind that she even received that text.
Other pros and cons:
- Beds and pillows were very comfortable.
- Plenty of clean, white, bathroom towels and washcloths.
- Bathrooms were well stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hairdryers, etc. There was plenty of toilet paper (after we found the hidden stash!) as well.
- Bottled water was provided.
- Microwave and inside of fridge was clean.
- Loved the linoleum! It looked like real tile and didn't show dirt at all.
- Laundry soap was provided as well as sufficient cleaning supplies.
- Lots of glasses, paper towels and dishwashing soap
- Neighborhood was quiet, neighbor was very friendly and willing to help.
- It needed a good "deep" cleaning. Coffee mugs had hot chocolate residue in them. Inside of oven was dirty. Outside of fridge and oven had dirty areas. Lots of little spiders in nooks and crannys. Toaster oven was older and looked very well used. Overall the cleanliness was not enough to gross us out, but it was noticeable =)
- Kitchen was stocked ok for light vacation use. If you are planning on cooking a lot though, we found it was lacking the following items: cookie sheets, 9x13 pan, pie pans, hand mixer (there was one, but it did not turn on), knives were very dull and difficult to use, there were only a few dish rags and towels
- There is no water hook-up to the fridge, so no ice-maker or filtered water.
- There were two dvd players, but neither one worked well. We finally got one of them to play, but it had squiggles across the screen periodically and the sound would stop working sometimes.
- The back sliding door was very difficult to open...the adults even had a hard time sliding it
Overall, it was a great value and we would stay here again, but would appreciate better communication next time.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 17 2017 - Feb 17 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
|Non-Refundable Cleaning||$180 + Tax|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.