We Are Ashdod Casual(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
3 bedroom, 2-1/2 bathroom apartment with ocean views
Ashdod is unique. Ashdod is like Sorrento in Italy, or, Marbella in Spain, except here, the locals speak Hebrew (or Russian or French or sometimes English).
The nicest area in Ashdod is the Marina and this is where you can stay: separated from the Marina and the Mediterranean only by dunes. My 3 bedroom, 2-1/2 bathroom apartment, is perfect for relaxing. You can sit on the balcony, drink tea, look at the ocean, watch freighters wait their turn to unload cargo at the Ashdod port, and, all the time knowing that your children are safe, but, not under foot. The balcony is large enough that you will soon consider it an extension of the living room - just open the sliding glass doors.
The apartment is fully furnished. The kitchen is equipped for cooks and families. We provide a starter sets of towels and sheets. But, at some point, you may have to do a wash, so there is a washer/dryer in the apartment. We've tried to provide most items you might need.
The apartment is kosher: we have two sets of flatware and dishes; plus a hotplate and water boiler for Shabbat. The building runs a Shabbat elevator.
Since you are flying in and out – there is no set time when you must arrive or leave. You may arrive any time on your check-in day, and, you may leave any time on your check-out day. For example, if you need to be at the airport at 9 pm for an 11 pm flight out of Israel, stay until 8 pm there is no reason why you must check-out early. The door has a combination lock.
Our favorite outdoor café is on the beach, Lee-Gal, under the clocktower. With mostly outdoor seating. Stay for an hour or two, watch the surf, while sipping a cold Hoegaarden. It’s where the surfing crowd goes. Gal was the Israeli surfing champ many years ago.
So, look at the photos and if you have any questions or special needs, please contact me.
We would love for you to stay with us.
A few reviews from guests who stayed at the apartment in previous years:
* 'Thank you so much for taking care of this so efficiently. It has been a pleasure to do business with you. We really enjoyed staying in the apartment and hope to be able to do so again in the future. The apartment and location are great - and your organization made it all easy. This is a perfect place for people to stay if they don't want the traffic and congestion of Tel Aviv. One of the most enjoyable evenings we had (other than the wedding related ones) was at the plaza by the beach. After Shabbat they had a woman teaching dancing and there must have been hundreds of people out there dancing. Later on they had a band and everyone was dancing - people of all ages. We also walked along the beach almost every night. This is a beautiful area to stay in and I look forward to staying there again. I would also recommend it to others going there.' -- B. K. Chicago
* 'The flat was wonderful. I was nervous about taking the unit sight unseen. However, your apartment added so much to our visit. The location is great. You can get anywhere from Ashdod because it’s so central. The beach is beautiful and the unit is very spacious, clean and comfortable. I liked that Marina Ashdod is a newly built part of the city. After a long day touring ancient cities that are often packed with people and traffic, it’s a welcome relief to retire at a quiet apartment by the sea.' -- K. M. Oregon
* 'I just wanted to let you know that the apt. was just perfect for my family and they really had a great time. They even found an English speaking taxi driver that helped them around town when I could not. Thanks again.' -- J. S. Ashdod
Member since: 2014
- On floor 3
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Two elevators; with a Shabbat elevator.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed:
Building entrance has ramp from street. The small shower in the master bedroom can be used by those having trouble stepping into and out of the tub/shower. Contact owner for specific concerns....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Closet in each bedroom.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
- Bird Watching
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 11 - Feb 28, 2017
7 night min stay
Mar 1 - Apr 7, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Taxes Not included
* $300 deposit to hold your dates. Remainder due 30 days prior to arrival.
* Inquiries received less than 30 days prior to the check-in date will require full payment by credit card to reserve the desired dates.
* Inquiries received less than 14 days prior to the check-in date will not be accepted.
* Sorry, no service animals, emotional support animals, or pets!
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: Hi, I'm Eli. I live about 75 miles north of New York City and have owned and rented this apartment since 2006. My daughter and family - Sandi, Tsion (pronounced Tsee-own), and 19 year old, Daniel - live in Jerusalem and they will be your contacts while you are staying in Ashdod. We will all try to make your stay in Ashdod as relaxing as possible. With the distances involved, some may feel apprehension about renting an apartment sight unseen. Might I suggest you do this: Have your Ashdod relatives talk with Tsion and Sandi and visit the apartment. I want you to get their approval before making the reservation. 'Hey...if Uncle David likes it - it must be fantastic. He's picky about everything!' If you would like your 'Uncle David' to speak with Tsion (he's fluent in Hebrew and English) or if you have any questions, please contact me.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Gandi Beach - 3 minute drive
Kitchen - gas stovetop
Master bedroom - queen size bed. 160 x 200 cm.
2nd bedroom - mamad. two twin beds. 80 x 200 cm.
View from the street.
Promenade along Gandi Beach.
Living room - Cable TV
Kitchen - refrigerator; oven; microwave; toaster oven
3rd bedroom - double bed. 140 x 200 cm.
Double rainbow - taken from balcony.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.