Corazon (Heart) of El Centro Apt
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
This 1200 sqft colonial apartment will keep you super comfortable during your stay in Cuenca. Enjoy the comforts of a home for what you’d pay for an average hotel (where all you get is a room with a bed and bathroom)!
Following the description of this apartment (at the bottom) is a 'checklist' of things you might consider when examining other properties. Be sure to look it over so you get the RIGHT FIT FOR YOU!!!
Now, about this apartment.....
Situated in an old colonial building located smack dab in the middle of El Centro. Everything you want is just steps outside your door.
- Close to the blue-domed Cathedral, flower market, and Parque Calderon, the center of the Universe when it comes to Cuenca’s activities, festivals, tourism office, tour bus, etc.
- EZ walk to a large Mercado featuring local grown fruits and vegetables plus meats and seafood.
- Lots of eateries from cheap $3 lunches to upscale restaurants.
- Pharmacies, medical/dental offices, and hospital all nearby.
- Want a taxi or a bus? They're ripe for picking anywhere you happen to be in El Centro.
- Nearby is a plaza lined with Otovalan vendors selling beautiful fabrics, clothing, shawls, scarves, tapestries, etc.
The apartment has been completely remodeled with new flooring, plumbing, toilets, furniture, paint, bed, etc etc.
The living room is huge, with 10ft ceilings, large L-shaped sofa, entertainment center, and large windows to let in lots of light. Enjoy the flat screen TV (with HDMI ports so you can watch (even USA TV stations!) from your laptop), or more than 100 DVD's of your choosing to play on the DVD player.
The bedroom is large with a Queen bed, full bath, and walk-in closet (rare in Cuenca!).
The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you’ll need (except food!)…gas cooktop/oven, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, blender, coffee maker, food processor, and tall refrigerator. Coffee/tea, condiments, cooking oil and spices are also provided.
The really NOTABLE feature of this apartment is the HUGE sun room with soaring skylights! In this area, you can relax, take a nap, read a book, do laundry, or surf the Net at a work desk. When it rains, it's romance at its best to sit in the sun room and listen to the roar of the rain hitting the ceilings overhead. Also in this area a 2nd FULL bath.
Need to do laundry? No problemo as you have your own washer AND dryer (also rare here) in the apt. OH!! A cell phone AND internet are provided, too!
Yet another feature (as if more is needed!) is the rooftop terrace (exclusive use for my guests only) with table and chairs, and great views daytime or nighttime.
Availability: Please consult the online calendar for dates available vs booked. I keep my calendar current at all times.
Pricing: You'll find the daily cost of this apartment to be less than an average hotel here in Cuenca, especially when you consider the additional expenses of eating out all the time. Ask yourself..."How many nights would I get for the same price, if I stayed at a hotel?”
FULL DISCLOSURE: This building (as is 95% in Cuenca) does not have an elevator. The apartment requires a 2-flight walk-up.
Pickup is provided whether you arrive in Cuenca at the airport, bus terminal, or van service.
A CHECKLIST WHEN VIEWING OTHER PROPERTIES:
* Location. Can you walk to most everything you'll want to do, or do you always need to take a taxi or bus?
* Does the unit have hot water at the kitchen sink, bathroom sink (rare here), and piped to the shower?
* Does the shower have direct-piped hot water, or one of those electric shower-heads that produce only lukewarm water (known as 'widow-makers')?
* Does the unit have an oven or just a cooktop?
* Does it have both a washer and dryer IN the unit?
* Does it have a tiny fridge? Is it sitting on the floor where you darn near have to get on your knees to get anything?
* If 2 people are sleeping in the same bed, can they walk around both sides of the bed? Is the bed FULL or QUEEN?
* Is the bed(s) located in the SAME space as the living room?
* Does the furniture look comfortable or is it rigid and formal and/or crammed together in a tiny space?
* Does the kitchen provide all the tools, gadgets, and small appliances you'll want to 'get the job done'?
These kinds of things can make the difference between an 'okay' experience and a great one. Closely examine the photos in each listing and look for details in the descriptive write-up.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2014
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- has walk-in closet and private bathoom
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: I am originally from the Seattle, WA, USA area. I've lived in Cuenca since early 2011.
- Primary: +593 0981028540
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living and Dining area look out onto balcony.
Flat screen with DVD player and 100+ DVD's to choose from. Also HDMI cable.
Apt Entry and office desk
Breakfast table in Sun Room
Laundry in unit
Overhead in Sun Room keeps out the rain, but lets lots of light & fresh air in
2nd bath with shower massager and plumbed hot water.
Rooftop Terrace with amazing views for your enjoyment day or night!
San Francisco church in El Centro (downtown)
Large indigenous Mercado a short walk from apt
Kitchen has all the pots/pans, dishes, and gadgets you'll need!
Kitchen coffee pot, toaster, hot water kettle.
Bedroom with Queen bed and nightstands
Master bath with hand-held shower massager and plumbed hot water.
Sun Room sitting area
Large Map of Cuenca
Chandelier over dining table
Cathedral just steps away
Flower Market across from Cathedral
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.