Right on El Centro's Doorstep!(9 Reviews)
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Following the description of this apartment (at the bottom) is a 'checklist' of things you might consider when examining other properties. Be sure to look it over so you get the RIGHT FIT FOR YOU!!!
Now, about this apartment.....
Situated in a historic complex, this unit is set in the back away from the busy street where you can enjoy QUIET!
The unit has two bedrooms plus one bath (with shower), a living area with a flat-screen TV and DVR (plus lots of DVD’s!!), stereo, and a laundry porch with full-sized washer AND dryer (IN the unit, not located somewhere else in the complex).
The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you’ll need (except food!)…gas cooktop/oven, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee-maker, toaster oven, and tall refrigerator. Coffee/tea, condiments, cooking oil and spices are also provided. OH!! A cell phone AND internet are provided, too! Hot water at ALL outlets.
All this within steps of the heart of Cuenca, the old colonial ‘El Centro’ district.
Though this apartment is technically 2 bedrooms, one is used as a dressing room where the closets have been relocated. The bed in the primary bedroom is a Queen. The bed is NOT located in the same space as the living room (like some other rentals)!!
• Located along the Tomebamba river, greenbelt, and a short walk to El Centro ‘old town’ Cuenca
• Near a large, recently renovated park (Parque de la Madre) and new Planetarium.
• 4 blocks to a major supermarket
• Pharmacies, medical/dental offices, and hospital all within about 6 blocks
• 5 blocks to the soccer stadium
• Want a taxi? A bus? 1 block and you’re set.
Availability: Please review the online calendar. I keep my calendar current at all times.
Pricing: You'll find the daily cost of this apartment to be less than an average hotel here in Cuenca, especially when you consider the additional expenses of eating out all the time. AND, if you stay a month or longer, you'll get a significantly discounted month-rate, saving you even MORE money!! Ask yourself..."How many nights would I get for the same price, if I stayed at a hotel?”
FULL DISCLOSURE: Like most older buildings in Cuenca, there is no elevator. The unit is located 3 levels up. Also, to walk to the El Centro requires walking up a set of stairs across the river. If you have walking/climbing issues, you might consider my other listing (Modern Luxurious Loft apt…).
When you arrive in Cuenca, I will pick you up at your arrival point (whether that be the airport, bus terminal, or van service), bring you to the apartment, give you a short orientation, answers any questions, and hand over the keys!!
A CHECKLIST WHEN VIEWING OTHER PROPERTIES
* Location. Can you walk to most everything you'll want to do, or do you always need to take a taxi or bus?
* Is the unit above a busy street with noisy busses, honking horns, and car alarms invading your space?
* Does the unit have hot water at the kitchen sink, bathroom sink (rare here), and shower?
* Does the shower have direct-piped hot water, or one of those electric shower-heads that produce only lukewarm water (known as 'widow-makers')?
* Does the unit have an oven or just a cooktop?
* Does it have both a washer and dryer IN the unit?
* Does it have a tiny fridge? Is it sitting on the floor where you darn near have to get on your knees to get anything?
* If 2 people are sleeping in the same bed, can they walk around both sides of the bed? Is the bed FULL or QUEEN?
* Is the bed(s) located in the SAME space as the living room?
These kinds of things can make the difference between an 'okay' experience and a great one. Closely examine the photos in each listing and look for details in the descriptive write-up.
Member since: 2014
- On floor 3
- 500 sq. ft.
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 3 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
About the owner: I'm originally from the Seattle, WA, USA area. I've lived in Cuenca since early 2011.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Microwave, pots/pans, and toaster oven (not shown)
Bedroom with Queen Bed
2nd bedroom made into a closet room
Tomebamba river with walking paths
Bathroom with shower, hand-held shower massager, & plumbed hot water
Nighttime view from kitchen window.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, March 17, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.