Modern Tahoe Donner - Prime Location(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
The Züri Haus is located in the prime location of Tahoe Donner.
NOTE: THE PICTURES AND DESCRIPTION DO NOT DO THIS BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN HOME JUSTICE. THIS HOME IS IN THE MOST DESIRABLE LOCATION IN TAHOE DONNER - JUST STEPS AWAY - TROUT CREEK REC CENTER, GOURMET DELI, BBQ & CONVENIENCE STORE, THE LODGE RESTAURANT AND PUB & TAHOE DONNER GOLF COURSE.
Luxurious three-story mountain vacation home. Solid, high end construction, beautiful finishes. This is a professionally maintained vacation home - not just a worn out, mountain house for rent.
Enjoy this beautiful mountain retreat with the following amenities:
• Expansive three story home with soaring open beam, wood plank 20’+ ceilings
• Hydronically heated stone floors throughout - walk inside barefoot and be cozy while the outside is a winter wonderland
• Main Master Suite + Walk-in closet, heated stone floors in master bath, dual sinks, large shower and jetted tub
• Downstairs Master Suite + Walk-in closet, heated floors + full tub/shower, kitchenette, door to ground level
• High count cotton sheets + down comforters + memory foam beds toppers (optional)
• Premium, thick towels, soaps, shampoos and conditioners included
• Extra large third floor (kids?) room : 4 twin beds + full bath
• Bonus space! Extra full size day bed + 1/2 bath, down comforter
• Granite counter-top custom kitchen open to great room - gas range and oven, custom refrigerator
• Entertain dozens of guests or feed an army with granite bar top and open floor plan
• High-end Euro-style tilting/full open windows for fresh air in all weather situations
• Extensive granite throughout - high end solid construction - built in 2006
• Hydronically heated extra deep 2 car garage - porch overhang and level driveway for easiest winter access
• Major amenities across the street - Trout Creek Rec Center and Golf + much more
• Health club, pools, deli, BBQ burgers, bar & fantastic restaurant, convenience store, playground, BBall courts, golf, sledding across the street just steps away!
• Plus just minutes away (driving): tennis, downhill and x-country skiing, private Donner Beach, boat and paddle board rentals, fishing, horseback riding, trails, mountain biking
• IDEAL STRATEGIC SKI LOCATION: 15-20 minute drive to Northstar, Squaw Valley, Alpine and Sugar Bowl - visit them all! Don’t get locked in to just one resort.
• Absolutely no shortage of things to do in both the winter and summer for kids of ALL ages
• Huge back deck off the 2nd floor Great Room - Massive back doors swing open wide for fresh mountain air
• Stone gas fireplace - fire it up in seconds! no fuss!
• Flat screen TV’s throughout - view from bedrooms or cozy sofas
• Five minutes to old town Truckee and grocery, mountain and hardware stores
• Dozens of alpine lakes within a short drive (Donner, Tahoe, etc. etc.)
• Avoid Tahoe lake traffic during busy times - minutes from Hwy 80 access
• Near but not on Northwoods Blvd., one of the primary Tahoe Donner streets for priority snow clearing during the winter - don’t get trapped or snowed in like so many other Tahoe Donner locations!
• Easy, short, perfectly level driveway makes it a cinch in the icy snow. Snow clearing service for driveway included in the winter. Many other houses in Tahoe have sloped driveways in the winter making parking "exciting".
• Many other amenities including stereo, telephone, laundry, iron w/board, soaps, paper goods and all basic cleaning supplies.
• Just perfect, perfect, perfect.
With the unique combination and convenience of all the Tahoe Donner amenities, this premium vacation house is perfect for a single or multi-family vacation during any season.
In the chef-inspired kitchen, there's everything you could possibly want - large custom refrigerator, gas range, oven, common spices, ample counter space, champagne and martini glasses, a rice cooker, lots of platters, premium pans - both non-stick and stainless. Crepe pan, waffle iron, griddle + lots more. Lots of standard utensils.
In the great room, let the adults enjoy the LCD flat screen, have a cocktail party or BBQ out on the deck while the kids hang out in the downstairs suite with board games, video games, TV or DVD movies.
Grab a book from the shelf, and curl up on the large day bed with a nice cup of tea or coffee for a quite afternoon. Use the Nespresso coffee maker and milk frother for an exceptional latte or espresso at anytime.
On sunny days, take to the outdoor deck and enjoy the pine tree-lined scenery! There's a gas grill for summer barbecues.
After a day of skiing, hiking, or biking, you'll have a good night's sleep here in one of the three luxurious bedrooms. And while this amazing Lake Tahoe vacation rental will definitely provide lots of great memories, you'll have so much to do here in the popular Lake Tahoe region!
This historic town of Truckee boasts shops, galleries, and restaurants - foodies will be sure to find a hidden gem for a memorable meal out. In the summer, make the short drive to Kings Beach to play on the sand, take a lake cruise, or just enjoy the sights of crystal blue Lake Tahoe. And just a few miles east, across the Nevada state line, you'll find casinos like Crystal Bay for more entertainment options.
The property is part of the Tahoe-Donner Homeowners Association. Guests (for a nominal fee) will have access to the private community pools and spas, tennis courts and clubhouse amenities as well as the private beach and boating marina at Donner Lake. As part of your rental you will have a discount at Tahoe Donner's horseback riding stables and golf course. Enjoy beach chairs down at Donner lake or take a short drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe. Additionally, Tahoe Donner is home to many other community activities including cross country skiing, local downhill skiing (5 minutes away), sledding, rafting and hiking. It is also convenient to Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Boreal, and Northstar ski resorts and quaint old town Truckee with it's many restaurants and shops.
1. Description of property is subject to change at any time without notice.
2. This property is conveniently located within a minute's walk to a restaurant, bar, golf, deli and health club but also close to Northwoods Blvd - one of the access roads for the development. Expect some road noise as a result.
3. There are enough beds for 12 people but the house will be pretty full with 12. Hopefully everyone gets along :)
Some RULES :)
1. Keep this home nice for the next guest - please tread lightly
2. This is a no shoe house - bring slippers or walk bear foot on the heated floors
3. NO SMOKING INSIDE - USE THE COVERED DECK INSTEAD - OR BETTER YET - QUIT! :)
4. No pets allowed - sorry!
5. PLEASE SEND EMAIL INQUIRY FIRST BUT BE SURE TO CALL AS WELL. Evenings and weekends are OK.
6. NO LOUD PARTIES. ALL GUEST MUST BE 25+YRS OR WITH GUARDIAN
7. FAMILIES AND MATURE ADULTS ONLY.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 2300 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
There is a downstairs suite but this is not the ideal property if your restricted to a wheelchair. Plus the downstairs suite is somewhat removed from the primary social area of the house (on the second floor) so anyone in a wheelchair might feel left out. If the wheelchair person can climb a flight of stairs, then the second floor would be accessible....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 8-12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 14 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
Ski & Snowboard:
Small Tahoe Donner downhill ski resort and world class cross country skiing 5 minutes away. 5 major North Shore resorts are 15-20 minutes away (Squaw, Alpine, Sugar Bowl, Boreal and Northstar)....moreless
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Heated Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 24 - May 25, 2017
2 night min stay
May 30 - Jun 29, 2017
2 night min stay
July 4th 2017
Jun 30 - Jul 9, 2017
5 night min stay
Jul 10 - Sep 30, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $600
- Cleaning Fee $299
- Tax Rate 12%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: Andrea and Robb have lived in Northern California for most of their lives. As the children of immigrants, we're living the American dream as our parents had hoped for both of us. We have a small, growing family in the foothills about 1 hour from the Tahoe area. We're both very excited to make this property available and ensure that you'll make memories here that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Why the Owner Chose Truckee, CA, USA:
After checking out dozen and dozens of homes for sale, this house was simply the best on the market. From the top quality construction, soaring ceilings, tasteful design and fixtures, this house immediately stood out as exceptional. As with all real estate - location, location, location was the real selling point. The best of the Tahoe Donner amenities are steps away, across the street. All the other amenities are minutes away plus access to the very best North Shore has to offer without the crush of traffic around Lake Tahoe during busy times. It's just perfect.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Exceptional location. Steps to the pub, Truckee's best restaurant, deli, store, golf and rec center. Easy access during snowy times. Avoid long traffic jams around Tahoe. Easy Hwy 80 access.
- Primary: 6502966933
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Great Room, soaring wood plank/open beam ceiling, gourmet kitchen (2nd floor)
Great Room, flat screen TV, soaring ceiling, gourmet kitchen (2nd floor)
Dining Area (2nd floor)
Great Room - Couches, Flat Screen TV, Persian Rug, Ottoman (2nd floor)
Upstairs Master Bath, dual sinks (2nd floor)
Downstairs bedroom, kitchenette, queen bed and queen pull-out couch.(1st floor)
Downstairs bathroom, full tub/shower, walk-in closet (1st floor)
3rd Floor Bedroom - BIG ROOM! Currently setup with 4 twin beds. (3rd floor)
Front View - level driveway (easier during snow/ice) & master bdrm balcony
Tahoe Donner Ski Area - 5 minutes away. Perfect for beginners or family day.
Two Extraordinary Mountain Golf Courses
Trout Creek Clubhouse Pools and hot tubs - across the street! Just steps away.
Great Room, soaring open beam ceiling (Looking down from 3rd floor to 2nd floor)
Gourmet Kitchen (2nd floor)
Dining Area, Bar and Kitchen (2nd floor)
Upstairs Master Bedroom - Queen Bed, Flat Screen TV, Lounge Chair (2nd floor)
Master bath, jet tub, travertine shower, dual sinks, walk-in closet (2nd floor)
Day bed + trundle bed (mid stairs between 2nd and 3rd floors).
Third Floor Full Bath
Great deck! BBQ, patio table. Two glass doors to living room (2nd floor).
Private Donner Lake Beach (nominal additional fee per day for all amenities)
Private Tennis Courts - (nominal additional fee per day for all amenities)
Trout Creek Fitness Clubhouse - across the street! Just steps away.
Endless trails for mountain biking and hiking! Leave straight from the house.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.