Deluxe 5 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom, Sleeps 12, on Golf Course(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Come Enjoy Tahoe!
1. We own and manage this home personally. We only own this one vacation home. We will not bait and switch you into another home, because we can't!
2. The home WILL sleep 12 people, all in REAL beds. There are no sleeper sofas, two people in a double bed, or pull out mattresses.
3. All discounts are already included based on the time of year, and all 'fees' are just passed on from my cleaning company, and therefore not discountable. You are renting a large, high end house, on the golf course, thats fits 12 comfortably, is well cleaned with top-line linens, an 8-person hot tub cleaned after every guest (not twice a month), endless hot water, and big beds. Remember what your mother told you - 'you get what you pay for'. :-)
On to the home....Luxury Tahoe Donner vacation rental, excellent for summer or winter. Open floor plan, located on a quiet side road. Home was built in 2007 and comes with all the modern conveniences, but still keeps that sought after 'mountain cabin' look and feel.
The home is custom built to hold 3 families of 4: Adults can enjoy privacy with 3 Master bedrooms (2 full Master bedrooms, and one almost-Master with a jack-and-jill bathroom) each with a Cal King bed with duvet and walk-in closets. The kids all share one bathroom and can choose from one larger bedroom with two twin bunks, or a smaller bedroom with one twin bunk.
Downstairs is the family/game room, with large screen TV, gas fireplace, air hockey table, large leather sectional sofa, one smaller leather sofa and a leather sitting chair as well as a table and chairs to play card and board games. A great space for the kids while the adults entertain themselves upstairs.
Upstairs there is a modern kitchen, with 6-burner stove, granite counter-tops, a large eat-at island for 4, and table dining for 10. There is also a wood-burning fireplace, large screen TV and epic views out the floor to ceiling windows of the 16th hole of the Tahoe Donner golf course.
All bedrooms and the downstairs family/game room are carpeted, all bathrooms have heated tile floors, and the upstairs living area has rough-hewn wide plank wood flooring.
Other amenities include:
* Gas BBQ
* Large ice maker for those cold drinks
* Large, hi-end, 8-person hot tub
* Upstairs and downstairs decks
* Cable internet with wifi thru the whole house (connection not guaranteed)
* New, large capacity washer and dryer
* Apple TV on each TV with access to all the owners movies and to Netflix
Being a Tahoe Donner home, guests have access to the TD Rec Center, up to 16 guests, at $8 per day each. Swim, lounge in the large hot tub, lift weights, take in an exercise class, sweat out the day in the saunas. Great for kids and those adults not wanting to hit the slopes or do that 15 mile bike ride! You also get access in the summer to the private TD beach at Lake Donner. Rent boats of every variety, swim, BBQ, hike or just lounge on the beach.
Finally, what are some of the key things that set this home apart from others:
* Tankless water heater. 12 guests can take showers all day long and never run out of water.
* Keyless entry via a keypad lock on the front door. No shipping keys back and forth and no keys to misplace and get locked out.
* Two full garage bays. A Suburban will fit in both bays - keep your vehicles out of the snow making for fast exits in the am.
* A brand new (July 2014), 8-person hot tub on the upper deck, overlooking the golf course. Cleaned after every guest visit, not every week or two weeks like most homes.
* Hotel-style linens, towels, bath mats and cleaning service. Hi thread count linens, changed and cleaned offsite - no need to waste time stripping beds and starting a load of laundry on your last morning before you head to the slopes.
* Hotel-style supplies for each new guest. Toilet paper, paper towels, soap at sinks and soap/ conditioner and mats and hand towels in every bathroom.
* Mid-stay cleaning of the house for longer stays
* A flat driveway - no icy, steep driveway to navigate in the winter
* On a quiet side road with very little traffic.
Member since: 2014
- 3281 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
Pets Not Allowed:
This home is "pet free" due to allergies, which the owner has and which many Guests have. I have once allowed a Guest to bring their dogs (when their pet sitter fell thru at the last minute) and have once had a Guest bring their two dogs despite the rules. In the first instance the Guests dog peed all over a bedroom floor, and then saturated the carpet trying to clean it, requiring me to pay someone to dry it out. In the second instance i charged the Guest $750 to have the whole house flooring (a mix of wood and carpet) professional cleaned after their two dogs basically peed everywhere. As a result of the above two experiences the "no pets" rule will be 100% enforced. In other words, if you call me 2 hours before you leave home to tell me that your dog sitter was killed in a freak accident, you will have two options: 1) Don't come and forfeit 100% of your fee or 2) Find a new dog sitting arrangement. You may thank your fellow dog owners for this stronger enforcement!...moreless
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
Upstairs with two leather sofas, two sitting chairs, a small table with chair, and a wood-burning fireplace. Has a large screen TV with sound bar, and an Apple TV with access to all owners movies....moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 23 - Dec 16, 2016
2 night min stay
Dec 17 - Jan 2, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Cleaning $300 + tax
- Laundry $55 + tax
- Tax Rate 10%
Sorry, due to severe allergies in the family, no pets and no smoking.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
North Lake Tahoe has the majority of ski resorts, with 11 resorts within 30 minutes drive. For summer lovers, Lake Donner offers SUP boarding, kayaking, wind surfing, sailing and a great beach scene. There is also fantastic hiking and mountain biking for all levels within easy driving distance.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: We live in San Jose, about a 3 hour drive from North Tahoe. Our two boys love to ski in the winter and hike and mountain bike in the summer.
Why the Owner Chose Truckee, CA, USA:
North Lake Tahoe cant be beat for a year-round destination. 11 downhill and cross country skiing resorts in the winter and hiking, biking, rafting, fly fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, and water skiing in the summer. Add in the great locals and the laid back vibe and its impossible not to relax and have fun when you're up here. This house in particular stood out for us due to its size - so we can share the house with family and friends, and its recent construction, while keeping a older style mountain home look and feel. The location on a side road is also ideal for that 'middle of nowhere, nestled in the trees' feeling and backing up to the golf course ensure privacy from other homes.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We have two boys and all our friends are families with kids. The downstairs bedrooms and family/game room was a real selling point for us. It allows a separate space for the kids to do their own thing and go to bed 'early', with peace and quiet for the adults upstairs later into the night. Additionally, there are many benefits to being in Tahoe Donner: 1. Non-skiers can visit the Rec Center ($8 a day) and work out, swim, use the sauna, etc. The outdoor pool and hot tub are great in the summer. 2. You can try your hand at cross country skiing at the brand new ski center just up the road. 3. You can get to all the major ski resorts (Alpine, Squaw, Northstar, etc) in 20 minutes or so. 4. It has easy access right off Hwy 80, which is very welcome in the winter when coming up late on a Friday evening. No driving another 20 minutes on off-highway roads that may not be plowed or may be blocked. 5. The house is well back from the road and backs up to the golf course. Its feels very much 'in the woods'. 6. Although its a newer home, with modern conveniences, it has a very warm and cozy cabin feel.
Links to more information:
Back of house viewed from edge of golf course
Looking down the 16th fairway from the back of the house
Entry way with large closet (not seen) and plenty of clothes hooks.
Kitchen with 6 burner stove and large island with granite counter tops
Upstairs living area with wood fireplace, TV and two leather sofas
Upstairs living area looking back to kitchen and dining area.
Upstairs Master #1 bathroom with twin sinks and shower, and heated floor.
Upstairs Master #2 bathroom, with single sink, shower and heated floor.
Downstairs Master #3 en-suite bathroom with heated floor. Has glass shower door.
Shared kids bathroom downstairs, with heated floor and bath.
Downstairs game room with large sectional, big-screen TV, air hockey & gas fire
8-person hot tub on back deck, at dusk.
Back of house after a winter storm
Two car garage - fits two Suburbans. Flat driveway for easy access in winter.
Kitchen with walk-in pantry, ice maker.
Dining table for 10 in expanded form.
Upstairs living area.
Upstairs Master #1 bedroom with Cal King bed
Upstairs Master #2 with Cal King bed.
Downstairs Master #3 with Cal King bed.
Downstairs kids room, with two twin bunk beds - sleeps 4.
5th bedroom - extra high twin bunk, sleeps two kids or adults
Downstairs laundry room, with extra large washer and dryer.
Back deck with BBQ, table for 6 and hot tub.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 08, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM