About the property
- Cabin3281 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Come Enjoy Tahoe!
Before i tell you all about our wonderful home, a couple of key points:
1. We own and manage this home personally. We only own this one vacation home. We will not bait and switch you into another home, because we can't!
2. The home WILL sleep 12 people, all in REAL beds. There are no sleeper sofas, two people in a double bed, or pull out mattresses.
3. All discounts are already included based on the time of year, and all 'fees' are just passed on from my cleaning company, and therefore not discountable. You are renting a large, high end house, on the golf course, thats fits 12 comfortably, is well cleaned with top-line linens, an 8-person hot tub cleaned after every guest (not twice a month), endless hot water, and big beds. Remember what your mother told you - 'you get what you pay for'. :-)
On to the home....Luxury Tahoe Donner vacation rental, excellent for summer or winter. Open floor plan, located on a quiet side road. Home was built in 2007 and comes with all the modern conveniences, but still keeps that sought after 'mountain cabin' look and feel.
The home is custom built to hold 3 families of 4: Adults can enjoy privacy with 3 Master bedrooms (2 full Master bedrooms, and one almost-Master with a jack-and-jill bathroom) each with a Cal King bed with duvet and walk-in closets. The kids all share one bathroom and can choose from one larger bedroom with two twin bunks, or a smaller bedroom with one twin bunk.
Downstairs is the family/game room, with large screen TV, gas fireplace, air hockey table, large leather sectional sofa, one smaller leather sofa and a leather sitting chair as well as a table and chairs to play card and board games. A great space for the kids while the adults entertain themselves upstairs.
Upstairs there is a modern kitchen, with 6-burner stove, granite counter-tops, a large eat-at island for 4, and table dining for 10. There is also a wood-burning fireplace, large screen TV and epic views out the floor to ceiling windows of the 16th hole of the Tahoe Donner golf course.
All bedrooms and the downstairs family/game room are carpeted, all bathrooms have heated tile floors, and the upstairs living area has rough-hewn wide plank wood flooring.
Other amenities include:
* Gas BBQ
* Large ice maker for those cold drinks
* Large, hi-end, 8-person hot tub
* Upstairs and downstairs decks
* Cable internet with wifi thru the whole house (connection not guaranteed)
* New, large capacity washer and dryer
* Apple TV on each TV with access to all the owners movies and to Netflix
Being a Tahoe Donner home, guests have access to the TD Rec Center, up to 16 guests, at $8 per day each. Swim, lounge in the large hot tub, lift weights, take in an exercise class, sweat out the day in the saunas. Great for kids and those adults not wanting to hit the slopes or do that 15 mile bike ride! You also get access in the summer to the private TD beach at Lake Donner. Rent boats of every variety, swim, BBQ, hike or just lounge on the beach.
Finally, what are some of the key things that set this home apart from others:
* Tankless water heater. 12 guests can take showers all day long and never run out of water.
* Keyless entry via a keypad lock on the front door. No shipping keys back and forth and no keys to misplace and get locked out.
* Two full garage bays. A Suburban will fit in both bays - keep your vehicles out of the snow making for fast exits in the am.
* A brand new (July 2014), 8-person hot tub on the upper deck, overlooking the golf course. Cleaned after every guest visit, not every week or two weeks like most homes.
* Hotel-style linens, towels, bath mats and cleaning service. Hi thread count linens, changed and cleaned offsite - no need to waste time stripping beds and starting a load of laundry on your last morning before you head to the slopes.
* Hotel-style supplies for each new guest. Toilet paper, paper towels, soap at sinks and soap/ conditioner and mats and hand towels in every bathroom.
* Mid-stay cleaning of the house for longer stays
* A flat driveway - no icy, steep driveway to navigate in the winter
* On a quiet side road with very little traffic.
Andrew and Amy Hogg
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
About Andrew and Amy Hogg
We live in San Jose, about a 3 hour drive from North Tahoe. Our two boys love to ski in the winter and hike and mountain bike in the summer.
Andrew and Amy Hogg purchased this Cabin in 2014
Why Andrew and Amy Hogg chose Truckee
North Lake Tahoe cant be beat for a year-round destination. 11 downhill and cross country skiing resorts in the winter and hiking, biking, rafting, fly fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, and water skiing in the summer. Add in the great locals and the laid back vibe and its impossible not to relax and have fun when you're up here. This house in particular stood out for us due to its size - so we can share the house with family and friends, and its recent construction, while keeping a older style mountain home look and feel. The location on a side road is also ideal for that 'middle of nowhere, nestled in the trees' feeling and backing up to the golf course ensure privacy from other homes.
What makes this Cabin unique
We have two boys and all our friends are families with kids. The downstairs bedrooms and family/game room was a real selling point for us. It allows a separate space for the kids to do their own thing and go to bed 'early', with peace and quiet for the adults upstairs later into the night. Additionally, there are many benefits to being in Tahoe Donner: 1. Non-skiers can visit the Rec Center ($8 a day) and work out, swim, use the sauna, etc. The outdoor pool and hot tub are great in the summer. 2. You can try your hand at cross country skiing at the brand new ski center just up the road. 3. You can get to all the major ski resorts (Alpine, Squaw, Northstar, etc) in 20 minutes or so. 4. It has easy access right off Hwy 80, which is very welcome in the winter when coming up late on a Friday evening. No driving another 20 minutes on off-highway roads that may not be plowed or may be blocked. 5. The house is well back from the road and backs up to the golf course. Its feels very much 'in the woods'. 6. Although its a newer home, with modern conveniences, it has a very warm and cozy cabin feel.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
GREAT for Families!
Great Family House!! We had 3 generations here and it was perfect! Great location!
Great stay, very responsive hosts
Stayed at the Hogg residence and had a wonderful time. Comfortable, well appointed and fantastic amenities (hot tub, ski gear warmer, kitchen supplies, etc). Would definitely recommend.
We managed to time our trip with new snow and were able to be in a beautiful home with a fire going while watching the snow come down. The home was exactly as advertised. We had a family of 12 and there was plenty of room, hot water, and loved the heated floors in the bathrooms! The wine fridge in the pantry helped out with space for our large group. We cooked all our meals in the home and found it well stocked, my only complaint is lack of towels in the kitchen (2 hand towels). Would highly recommend this home. Thank you for having it available for our family to make such wonderful lasting memories.
Outstanding Vacation Home
Beautiful property and very well equipped. Loved our stay and would definitely think about returning. However, there does appear to be a leak under the kitchen sink that needs repairing.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. And thanks for the heads up on the leak. Pretty sure that is just the connection for the retractable hose, that has come loose before. Will have to loctitie it this time.
A Thanksgiving stay never to be forgotten
This gorgeous home is lovelier than expected. The furnishings were so tasteful and the kitchen was fit for a top chef! Perfectly equipped with everything we needed for a wonderful Thanksgiving stay.
Wonderful family/wedding week in Tahoe Donner
Perfect home for our time in Tahoe Donner for my Son’s wedding. Our whole family enjoyed this home. The children enjoyed the bunk beds, air hockey, and numerous toys, games, and puzzles. The kitchen was well appointed and had everything we needed to prepare meals. There were plenty of cocktail and wine glasses as well as plastic alternatives for the hot tub…and that hot tub was a fantastic way to begin and end the day. The view of the stars from the tub was so tranquil. The location in a quiet neighborhood was also much appreciated. We highly recommend this home as it was not only beautiful but well kept, really clean, offered high-quality linens and included an owner willing to help via phone when we couldn't figure out how to change the hot tub language from French back to English!
Also, the use of Tahoe Donner recreation is a real plus as this provides access to the homeowners' beach, boats and boards. We were there before ski season but noticed the ski boot warming/drying rack in the front closet (how nice)! Hope you enjoy your time here as much as we did.
North Lake Tahoe has the majority of ski resorts, with 11 resorts within 30 minutes drive. For summer lovers, Lake Donner offers SUP boarding, kayaking, wind surfing, sailing and a great beach scene. There is also fantastic hiking and mountain biking for all levels within easy driving distance.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Sorry, due to severe allergies in the family, no pets and no smoking. As noted in the contract, do not stream movies from illegal sources over the home's internet. You will be caught and i will be fined $500, and that fine will be passed on to you.