Launch your vacation from this new in 2014 cottage in the heart of OBX! The Beach Belle is located just south of the 9 Mile Post in Kill Devil Hills on West Holly Street, and is walking distance to loads of restaurants (JKs, Plaza Azteca, Pigmans BBQ, The Bonzer Shack, Daredevil Pizza, Mama Kwans, Kill Devil Grill, Millers, American Pie, Stack Em High Pancakes, 5 Guys, Booty Treats and fast food like Burger King, Wendys, McDonalds, and Dominos), convenience shopping (Walgreens, CVS, Kangaroo Express, 7-11) and - of course - the beach! Much more shopping is a short drive away, including Harris Teeter, Food Lion, and tons of specialty beach shops. Like to pack heavy for the beach? There are public beach accesses with parking lots at both Martin and Atlantic Streets. Access to The Nature Conservancy's Nags Head Woods Preserve is just a few streets away, and Jockeys Ridge State Park is about 3 miles to the south. There are numerous water sports rental businesses within a 10 - 15 minute drive with jet skis, kayaks, boats, and other fun big kid water toys. Is deep sea fishing your thing? The Oregon Inlet Fishing Center is only 15 miles to the south.
The Beach Belle has 3 bedrooms (two with queens, one with 2 twins), 2 full baths, covered front porch with bistro table and double Adirondack chairs, a picnic table under the porch (perfect for picking crabs!) and a fully enclosed downstairs with a lg one-car garage and laundry area. The large driveway has parking for four more vehicles and is long enough for just about any boat and trailer. You will enjoy all the comforts of home and then some, including high-speed internet, ample seating in living and dining rooms, central AC/heat, ceiling fans, washer and dryer, full kitchen with dishwasher and microwave, Kuerig and full pot coffee makers (aka life givers), a 2nd full-size refrigerator on the ground floor, and (drum roll please) a Margaritaville frozen drink maker!!!
New in March 2018: we have replaced the original carpet and linoleum with beautiful ceramic tile throughout the living area.
You will not miss your favorite TV shows or sporting events while on vacation - the Beach Belle has cable TV with many premium channels including HBO and Showtime (we have the Charter Spectrum Cable Silver Package). In the living room there is a 46-inch HDTV with DVR and DVD/Blue Ray/wifi video player so you can access Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, You Tube, and just about any other subscription or free online video service. Each bedroom has a 32-inch HDTV with all the same great HD cable channels as in the living room.
WOW: $100 discount for previous guests when you book a full week!!!
As of March 2018 we have the following extra items for your enjoyment around the cottage and at the beach: 4-burner gas grill with propane provided, corn hole boards to pass the time while grilling, picnic table plus another outdoor table and 5 chairs on ground floor, 4 bicycles (three 26-inch and one 24-inch), Radio Flyer wagon, 5 beach chairs, beach umbrella with sand spike, 10 ft x 10 ft canopy tent, beach cart, 2 body boards, a skim board, and sand toys.
To keep our rates low we do not provide linens, but if you can not bring yours, we will be happy to provide a list of nearby businesses that rent linens and other vacation needs (beach chairs, baby needs, etc.) by the week.
*** Marley is the boss of our house, and he says dog lovers are welcome!!! Up to two dogs allowed (with $50/week or $8/night pet fee), but must be kennel kept if left home alone. One large and one medium kennel provided - if you bring two large dogs you will need to bring a 2nd large kennel. Dogs cannot be left in the garage during the summer months - it is much too hot. The back yard is fenced to give your dog (or your kids!) a safe place to play.***
1) WE RENT SUNDAY TO SUNDAY (exceptions can be made in the off season, but from mid-May through September the changeover day must be Sunday);
2) Our minimum rental age is 25, and at least one person age 25 must be in residence the entire length of the booking (this is covered in more detail in the rental agreement).
3) To keep our rates low we do not provide linens, but if you cannot bring yours, we will be happy to provide a list of nearby businesses that rent linens and other vacation needs (beach chairs, baby needs, etc.) by the week.
4) IF WE HAVE MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR THE SAME TIME PERIOD, WHOEVER PAYS FIRST WILL GET THE BOOKING.
5) A rental agreement will be sent at the time of booking confirmation - please read it carefully to make sure you can live with our house rules. If not, you can always cancel without penalty if the rental period is more than 30 out in the future.
6) Although our maximum occupancy is 8, our cottage will only comfortably accommodate 6 adults, and we cannot accept groups that exceed 6 adults.