About the property
- House2100 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
Fabulous walk-to-beach location with ocean and salt water pond views!
---> Click 'More Details' below to expand the full write-up <--
This updated, old-world home has the charm of yesterday's beach cottage with today's desired features, including new (2015) fully-stocked, eat-in kitchen with dishwasher/range/microwave, generous sized rooms with high ceilings, air-conditioned bedrooms with new mattresses and linens (2014), washer/dryer, gas fireplace, gas grill, covered porch, sunroom, outdoor shower, and roofdeck.
An ideal location just steps to Bristol and Falmouth Heights Beaches make this the perfect home for family and friends. With four bedrooms and two baths, Serenity comfortably sleeps 9, and the sunroom, roofdeck, porch and large living room give you places for togetherness and places to quietly curl up with a book.
Did we mention the roofdeck? The views? The cool ocean breezes? The sandy beach? The warm water of Nantucket Sound?
...and all but a few windows have an ocean or salt pond view.
- Sit on the roofdeck and enjoy a glass of wine while surveying views of Nantucket Sound out to Oak Bluffs...
- Watch Falmouth's July 4th fireworks from the roof deck or the sunroom -- the fireworks barge moors just off Bristol Beach...
- Sleep on NEW mattresses and linens with the windows open to ocean breezes...
- Walk to Bristol and Falmouth Heights Beaches, so close you'll make the trip many times a day, as the mood hits, as the sun rises and sets...
- Stroll to the Falmouth Road Race finish line and watch the runners finish, or, if you've run the race, stroll back to our house...
- Stroll to the British Beer Company...
- Or just relax...
This is a great house for families and friends.
NEW since 2014:
* Remodeled entire house, including new kitchen and updated bathrooms
* All mattresses and bedding (2014)
* New sunroom furniture (2016)
* Gas grill (2016)
* AC in all bedrooms (2015)
- covered porch with seating and salt pond views
- wood paneled, gas-fireplaced living room with LCD TV (with cable, VCR and DVD player) and salt pond views
- wood paneled dining room with salt pond views, seats 6+
- kitchen - NEW in 2015 -- full size refrigerator, four burner range, dishwasher, microwave, keurig and drip coffee makers, table (seats four), and beautiful salt pond views
- first floor laundry room with washer and dryer
- bathroom with shower stall, NEW in 2015
- twin bedroom, with two firm twin beds, TV, A/C, views to ocean
- wood paneled sunroom with comfortable NEW wicker furniture and beautiful ocean and salt pond views
- attached garage
- roof deck off master bedroom, with chairs and tables, views of ocean to Martha's Vineyard, views of salt pond, and views to Heights Beach
- master bedroom (1 firm queen, 1 daybed), A/C, ocean and salt pond views, door to roof deck, TV
- garden bedroom (1 plush queen), A/C, has peek-a-boo water view
- twin bedroom (2 firm twin beds), A/C, ocean and salt pond views
- Full bath (updated 2014), with ocean views
- Three roomy bedrooms laid out for privacy and comfort (bedrooms do not adjoin each other)
- Enclosed, private outside shower with hot/cold water
- Oversized lot has two driveways that can hold four cars and/or boat/trailer
- Attached garage holds bikes, beach chairs, toys, etc.
- Yard has space for badminton, frisbee, playing ball
- Ideally situated on low traffic, one-way street near popular beach
- Patio off kitchen with gas grill and table (seats 6+) with umbrella
- Picnic table
- Beach chairs
** All new mattresses July 2014 (except daybed in master bedroom).
** All new bed linens July 2014 (linens included in rental).
** Home is suitable for mobility impaired people with first-floor living:
- one step up from front yard to porch/house
- ramp in attached garage at kitchen allows guest to enter house with no stairs
- first floor bedroom, first floor bath with shower stall
- (not suitable for wheelchair access, as the bathroom is too small)
-- new 2015 --
refrigerator, four burner range, dishwasher, keurig and drip coffee makers, blender, plates/silverware for 8+, fully equipped with pots/pans/cookware/etc
WiFi, cable TV, VCR, DVD
NO PETS (sorry Fido...)
NO SMOKING (no exceptions)
Cleaning fee included in rental.
Linens included in rental.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 22, 2018
About Susan Paradiso
My sister and I own Serenity. This house has been in our family since the mid-70s. We inherited it from our Uncle in 2014, and did a full remodel, updating it while keeping it true to its roots with period appropriate fixtures and details.
Susan Paradiso purchased this House in 1975
Why Susan Paradiso chose Mara Vista
We love this house: the layout, the high ceilings, the open feel. Yet there are still quiet corners to curl up and read a book, or just have some time alone. This house 'lives' much bigger than its square footage. Its location in Falmouth Heights is ideal: opposite the beach, a short walk to the Falmouth Road Race finish line, and an outstanding view of the July 4th fireworks. And it's in a friendly neighborhood, a short distance from town. We think you'll love this house as much as we do.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Absolutely wonderful property.
Beautiful views, plenty of room (we had 8) with upgrades, very nice kitchen & all instructions for arrival and leaving easy to follow. We would do again in a heart beat.
Beautiful and a wonderful stay for time on the Cape and at the Vineyard!
Serenity was spotless upon our arrival and the owner was very helpful as we had never visited the area before! The rooms were enormous and we had more than enough room to spread out and enjoy our time together! The kitchen was one of the most well equipped we have seen using VRBO and even though we were unable to use many of the "extras" that were there waiting for us, it was wonderful to see them there...kites, games, croquet, sand toys, boogie boards and beach chairs! We hope to return as soon as we can! Thank you!
Great location. Kitchen well organized. Sunroom is bright and cheery . No back patio but side yard on quiet street.
We had a wonderful experience here. The house is set up perfectly--very user friendly, clean, spacious, etc. The location is excellent and the owner is extremely friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend this house to anyone!
Our 2 weeks at serenity were just perfect. With lots of family coming and going we need a house that has plenty of room to accommodate. The ability to walk across the street from the beach is the best! The neighbors on both sides are super friendly and the homeowners could not be more gracious. This is such a wonderful vacation rental so do yourself a favor and experience it.
love, love, loved it!!!!!!!
Another awesome year at Serenity. The owners are wonderful to work with. They got back to us immediately when we had questions.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
*** Two week rentals get an additional discount, please email for information. *** GUESTS WITH TODDLERS AND YOUND CHILDREN: THE PROPERTY IS NOT CHILD-PROOFED, AND IT HAS MANY RISKS FOR TODDLERS AND YOUND CHILDREN, INCLUDING OPEN STAIRS, UN-CHILD-PROOFED KITCHEN AND BATHS, THE ROOFDECK, ETC. Please contact us to review the risks before requesting to book. Rental is split across two payments, but can be split across three or four payments if requested. No smoking inside and outside. This is a no smoking property. No exceptions. Violations will result in forfeit of damage deposit plus additional cleaning fees. No pets of any kind due to significant allergies. No exceptions. Violations will result in forfeit of damage deposit plus additional cleaning fees.